The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-10-2018, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

But that is not an excuse for that kind of behavior. Some things Diana did to other people, even if they were a result of her own unhappiness, are not defensible.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
But that is not an excuse for that kind of behavior. Some things Diana did to other people, even if they were a result of her own unhappiness, are not defensible.
If you are referring to my post, I am not defending her. I just don't think that it was "conscious bullyng" on her part.. it was paranoid lashing out. I think she did convince herself that there was an affair between Tiggy and Charles and wanted to lash out at Tig for this.. As I've said, even if she did geneuinely believe it, and felt that it was inappropriate for the woman who was "big sister" to hr sons, to be in a relationship with their father, she could have dealt with it in a very different manner of raising the issue with Tiggy and/or Charles in private.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guess is she had raised the issue with Charles in private and he told her to bugger off (along with denials) and she didn't believe him/was angry and lashed out.

Diana's methods seem to be more manipulative, not bullying in her normal M.O. I don't think her nature was to bully people.

LaRae
Old 03-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

In addition to her thoroughly lovely PUBLIC persona, there was another deeply unpleasant private one.
'Unhappiness' NEVER excuses inflicting unhappiness on others...
Old 03-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is she had raised the issue with Charles in private and he told her to bugger off (along with denials) and she didn't believe him/was angry and lashed out.

Diana's methods seem to be more manipulative, not bullying in her normal M.O. I don't think her nature was to bully people.

LaRae
I'm not srue what you mean by tis. are you saying that manipulation was more her normal way of doing things than direct outright bullying?
as for your first remark, I know of no evidence that Diana raised the issue with Charles..
The evidence seems to be that Diana got a bee in her bonnet on no evidence.. that Tiggy had been pregnant.. and because she disliked her, and was jealous of T's close relationship with the boys, she lashed out at her, in public...
Old 03-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Diana was very territorial when it came to things that she held dear. Anyone attempting to infringe on her relationship with her sons was a threat. Anyone that looked crosseyed at her husband was a threat. Anyone that held ideas of what their relationship with Diana should be that didn't suit her were a threat.

Diana was vindicative. If things weren't as she wanted them to be, she set out to make it so. We saw this with her lashing out at Tiggy. If she could get Tiggy out of the picture permanently, a threat was gone. We saw this with her relationship with Hasnat Khan in visiting his family and conspiring to get him a job in South Africa without his knowledge. We saw this with the phone calls to Oliver Hoare's home. We saw this with Diana wanting to pull strings to keep Hewitt out of serving in the Gulf. All examples of manipulating to get things to be as she wanted them to be. It never worked and, for the most part, showed Diana's true character.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Preciseley, it never worked. It was Diana, desperately trying to make life the way she wanted it. I'm not saying she didn't behave badly at time, but most of the time, she hurt herself more than other people.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I'm not srue what you mean by tis. are you saying that manipulation was more her normal way of doing things than direct outright bullying?
as for your first remark, I know of no evidence that Diana raised the issue with Charles..
The evidence seems to be that Diana got a bee in her bonnet on no evidence.. that Tiggy had been pregnant.. and because she disliked her, and was jealous of T's close relationship with the boys, she lashed out at her, in public...

Yes absolutely...it was more her nature to manipulate than to bully. Common sense and thinking about human behavior leads me to believe Diana confronted Charles about Tiggy. They fought about all kinds of things.

We have little evidence about a lot of things surrounding Charles and Diana, sometimes you have to fill in the gaps based on what we do know about them.

LaRae
Old 03-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
In addition to her thoroughly lovely PUBLIC persona, there was another deeply unpleasant private one.
'Unhappiness' NEVER excuses inflicting unhappiness on others...

I doubt anyone here would justify her behavior towards Tiggy. I generally liked Diana and think she had a lot of positives. However like with most folks there's generally a side that isn't so pleasant. I'm not one of those Diana people who think she was a saint.

LaRae
Old 03-11-2018, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes absolutely...it was more her nature to manipulate than to bully. Common sense and thinking about human behavior leads me to believe Diana confronted Charles about Tiggy. They fought about all kinds of things.

We have little evidence about a lot of things surrounding Charles and Diana, sometimes you have to fill in the gaps based on what we do know about them.

LaRae
I'm sure if shed confronted Charles it would have come out... I think she went for the soft target, Tiggy, rather than fight with Charles about it...
Old 03-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I'm sure if shed confronted Charles it would have come out... I think she went for the soft target, Tiggy, rather than fight with Charles about it...

She was not afraid or intimidated by Charles really and had no problems before about having a go at him...and this was about the boys. I think the reason she was so harsh with Tiggy is because she did have a go at Charles and he told her to bugger off...then she shifted targets (or included another one).

LaRae
Old 03-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Majesty

I would have to agree. This was not about a supposed affair with Charles and a subsequent pregnancy, this was about Diana being jealous of the time that Tiggy spent with William and Harry. If, as you believe, Charles ignored her demand to get rid of her, she decided to make a public scene and humiliate Tiggy in public hoping to drive her away.

What is more hurtful to her as a person than being publicly accosted by Diana and accused of sleeping with the boss and being obliged to have an abortion. That was one ugly and hurtful scene and the fact that that episode still stays in the minds of many speaks to just how shocking and ugly the scene was.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm in agreement with you, Marg. The sad thing is that I think this scene that Diana perpetrated backfired on her very badly as, if I'm not mistaken, most people that know about this incident seem to paint Diana as the "bad guy" and her attack on Tiggy was unwarranted.

It still couldn't have been easy for Tiggy to deal with but she didn't let it affect her and she carried on and remained close to William and Harry to this day.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~

Tags
prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, prince william, tiggy legge bourke