The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
How would you know by whom (or not) those rumers where started?

That's true, I suppose.
But there were quite a few, and I read them in US media, and I don't think Diana had that wide a range?
But I might be wrong about that.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think there was ever anything to suggest that the relationship went beyond friend/employee. It was during one od Diana's more imaginative spells I believe. What really got people buzzing was when word got out that Tiggy had been to her lawyers about Diana. The image of Diana being called into court on slander charges and what Diana would do next had some people quite excited for awhile.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I don't think there was ever anything to suggest that the relationship went beyond friend/employee. It was during one od Diana's more imaginative spells I believe. What really got people buzzing was when word got out that Tiggy had been to her lawyers about Diana. The image of Diana being called into court on slander charges and what Diana would do next had some people quite excited for awhile.
If I am not mistaken, Tiggy's decision to consult lawyers was with full knowledge and consent of Her Majesty. Apparently, she was quite horrified with Diana's attitude towards Tiggy - especially since the latter was guilty of only caring for and bonding with the boys.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Commoner

Idk. I think they did have a "fun".
Can't blame Charles.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana seemed to have come up with this "relationship" between Tiggy and Charles after the separation. This was after Charles had resumed his relationship with Camilla.

I think she was jealous of her sons' relationship with Tiggy and lashed out because of that. Charles had hired Tiggy as a caregiver for the boys after the separation. Charles knew her family.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I remain unconvinced there wasn't more between Charles and Tiggy ...some of their body language seems rather familiar. Not that what Diana said/did was appropriate.

LaRae
Old 03-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I remain unconvinced there wasn't more between Charles and Tiggy ...some of their body language seems rather familiar. Not that what Diana said/did was appropriate.

LaRae
I presume Tiggy was some kind of a breath of fresh air in the living hell of the Wales marriage. If not a bit enamoured, Charles was above all, i guess, deeply thanksfull of Tiggy to be around the boys during this difficult time.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

The boys seem to have very good and positive memories of Tiggy so I would say she did a good job with them. I really don't care about her activities, or lack thereof, with Charles. That would be between them.

LaRae
Old 03-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Majesty

I think Tiggy probably had a bit of a crush on Charles, and he was fond of her, except for her smoking and certain incidents that Diana also objected to, like the abseiling Harry did which was captured by a photographer. Don't think it was an affair though, and wasn't Tiggy dating Mark Dyer for a while during this time?

I'm a Diana fan but I do think she was jealous of Tiggy, who had an easy and uncomplicated friendship with her sons (especially Harry) that has gone on to this day. She seemed afraid that someone would steal her boys' love away from her. Diana was very insecure at the time and likely to lash out, but accusing Tiggy of being pregnant by Charles certainly wasn't her finest hour.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Not to mention slanderous
Old 03-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Not to mention slanderous
Still...didn't anyone think Tiggy over-reacted?

I mean, if someone said that to me, I'd just imagine they had me mixed up with someone else! (IF there was no foundation, that is).
Old 03-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Majesty

Not if it was said by someone I knew absolutely loathed me, and had more or less demanded (in vain) that I be sacked as a minder to her sons. I think Tiggy was very well aware of Diana's feelings towards her.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Courtier

I think you’re absolutely right Curryong
Old 03-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I mean, if someone said that to me, I'd just imagine they had me mixed up with someone else! (IF there was no foundation, that is).
No, I do not. Remember Diana had been trying to discredit/get rid of Tiggy for awhile, the staff party was intentionally done for maximum effect (rather like the encounter Diana braggingly described w/Camilla.) Tiggy was working for a long term family friend and an eye witness to the pain being caused to her charges and their father, her employer.
Diana started the rumor Tiggy was in a sexual relationship with Tiggy’s employer, most likely playing the press to fan the flames, as was her modus operandi, because she was jealous that her sons were attached to Tiggy thus Diana set about destroying Tiggy’s reputation to remove the competition for her sons’ affection. Diana left disturbing messages on Tiggy’s answering machine - another favorite trick as she did so w/ Camilla and of course the Hoare calls. Finally, the intentional public embarrassment at the Christmas staff party. Diana had gotten away with a lot of shoddy behavior towards people who were reluctant to do anything about it, but Tiggy had clean hands, she had nothing to hide - sometimes you have to stand up to a bully and towards Tiggy, Diana was a bully.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
No, I do not. You are working for a long term family friend and an eye witness to the pain being caused to your charges and their father, your employer.
Diana starts rumors that you are in a sexual relationship with your employer, most likely playing the press to fan the flames, as was her modus operandi, because she was jealous that her sons were attached to you thus your reputation must be destroyed and her competition for her sons’ affection removed. Diana leaves disturbing messages on your answering machine - another favorite trick of hers as she did so w/ Camilla and of course the Hoare calls. Finally, the intentional public embarrassment at the Christmas staff party. Diana had gotten away with a lot of shoddy behavior towards people who were reluctant to do anything about it, but Tiggy had clean hands, she had nothing to hide - sometimes you have to stand up to a bully and towards Tiggy, Diana was a bully.
Perfectly stated to me!
Old 03-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

over reacted??? She's accused in public of having an affair with someone, and aborting his baby, which was all completely untrue???
Old 03-07-2018, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness

I agree, there was no overreaction on Tiggy's part. Diana made serious allegations/accusations about Charles and Tiggy in which there was absolutely no basis for them. There was potential for harm to not only Charles and Tiggy, but to William and Harry, who could have gotten wind of it by friends overhearing their parents and then telling the Wales boys. There was also the potential of the press catching on to Diana's allegations and all hell would have broken loose, not just in Great Britain, but world wide. Charles would have survived, it would have been a rough go, but he would have survived. Tiggy's reputation would have been ruined. A threatened lawsuit would have been the only way to stop Diana in her tracks.
Diana was a bully. That was one of the most vicious actions that she ever did.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I agree, there was no overreaction on Tiggy's part. Diana made serious allegations/accusations about Charles and Tiggy in which there was absolutely no basis for them. There was potential for harm to not only Charles and Tiggy, but to William and Harry, who could have gotten wind of it by friends overhearing their parents and then telling the Wales boys. There was also the potential of the press catching on to Diana's allegations and all hell would have broken loose, not just in Great Britain, but world wide. Charles would have survived, it would have been a rough go, but he would have survived. Tiggy's reputation would have been ruined. A threatened lawsuit would have been the only way to stop Diana in her tracks.
Diana was a bully. That was one of the most vicious actions that she ever did.
I think " a bully" isn't quite the way to describe her.. but I agree that she behaved very badly in this instance and that Tiggy was understandably upset and angry, and was right to threaten a lawsuit. Diana DID say something terrible to her and in public. If she really truly believed what she said, (which I think in one way she did), she should have either said nothing.. it was Tiggy's own business - or if she felt she had to say soemthing, to do it privately.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Maliciously spreading rumors publically, and embarrassing Tiggy at a Christmas party for starters, both prime examples of bullying. Around that time several of her employees, including her private secretary quit, rumored for her unreasonable behavior towards them.

In no way did Tiggy over react. This wasn't a simple family she was working for which you would just have to worry about a bad reference for a new job. Her name was spreading across international papers. This wasn't a simple case of libel, it was on a much grander scale then most can understand.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it was "Diana lashing out" rather than consciously bullying. I think she was in a very volatile mental state in the last few years of her life. I believe she thougth that separation or divorce from Charles would make her life easier, and it didn't.. and she was ready to fly out at a lot of people.

Tags
prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, prince william, tiggy legge bourke