The Windsors and Europe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel make an official visit to UK (London and surrounding areas) on November 29 - December 1.
The program of the visit hasn't been published yet, it will be interesting to see if they meet the Prince and Princess of Wales.

I expect them to meet both the King and Queen, and the Prince and Princess of Wales, as it is an official visit.

When William and Catherine visited Sweden as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, they also met privately for tea with Victoria, Daniel and their children at the Haga Palace. At the time, William politely said on the record that he was looking forward to the opportunity of returning the invitation by receiving the CP couple at Kesington, so I fully expect a more informal private meeting between the 2 heirs to be held too.

I am sure Victoria & Daniel will be entertained by Catherine & William when they are in UK. They may even be accomodated at Windsor Castle.

I do not know if they will meet the King & Queen. Amongst other things, this may also depend on the Korean state visit which is arond that time. Dates have not yet been announced.

Albert and Charlene have made State visits. One was to Poland during the month of October 2012, which is why Princess Caroline attended HGD Guillaume's wedding to represent the Principality of Monaco.

IIRC there was also a State visit to Ireland early in their marriage, and as another poster mentioned above there was a State visit from China to Monaco.

I always thought that Monaco and Liechtenstein didn't do state visits, anyway it's not common. Is there a topic about these visits here on TRF?

Victoria and Daniel's visit seems to belie the notion that William and Catherine "don't know or socialize with anyone in Europe"; Victoria is certainly not acting like they never meet or don't talk.

I read an article including an interview with Victoria and she said they always greet each other warmly and get along when they meet and share a lot (not sure if she means news etc or just they are in similar positions). I'll try and find it. Is clear from their meetings that they do get along well and aren't complete strangers.

I read an article including an interview with Victoria and she said they always greet each other warmly and get along when they meet and share a lot (not sure if she means news etc or just they are in similar positions). I'll try and find it. Is clear from their meetings that they do get along well and aren't complete strangers.

The articles are probably in this part of the forum about Vic and Dan's visit; at least that's where I got the notion.

Victoria and Daniel's visit seems to belie the notion that William and Catherine "don't know or socialize with anyone in Europe"; Victoria is certainly not acting like they never meet or don't talk.
They have certainly met before this visit, I don’t believe them to be close, but I’m sure there have been pleasant interactions between them and that’s why the visit wasn’t awkward.

They have certainly met before this visit, I don’t believe them to be close, but I’m sure there have been pleasant interactions between them and that’s why the visit wasn’t awkward.

They have obviously met many times before, but probably not in any private visit (at least not that we know).

In any case, William and Catherine have now established at least a formal relationship with royals from several countries, for example, Belgium, Denmark, Jordan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.

We don't know the extent of their personal interactions although we know their parents and step-parent are close. I do enjoy seeing the PoW's interacting with their European counterparts more now. They also saw each other not so long ago at the Jordanian royal wedding.

They have obviously met many times before, but probably not in any private visit (at least not that we know).

In any case, William and Catherine have now established at least a formal relationship with royals from several countries, for example, Belgium, Denmark, Jordan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.
Jordan- we actually know they are close because he is close friends with CP Hussein and so is Beatrice. The majority of heirs in Europe are not his age, he’s definitely met other royals in his position.

Back
Top Bottom