The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 05-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Penny is related to Philip as her mother was 1st cousin to the Duke. Its also been noted I believe that Philip and Penny are pretty close and they both enjoy carriage driving together.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm going by memory here.
Penny is the estranged wife of Norton Knatchbull, Baron Brabourne [formerly Lord Romsey], who is the son of Patricia Mountbatten Knatchbull, who herself is the daughter of the late Earl Mountbatten of Burma.

Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine > Princess Alice > Queen Victoria

Charles > Elizabeth > George VI > George V > Edward VII > Queen Victoria
__________________

__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,425
I love these family pictures of the royals out and about and enjoying themselves at the horse show. It's a great way to see the kids and how big they are now.
__________________

__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,636
Thanks Zonk. That really explains it so much better. At least I was in the right ballpark with the Mountbatten side of the family. Just happened to be a bit over there in foul territory methinks.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Thanks Zonk. That really explains it so much better. At least I was in the right ballpark with the Mountbatten side of the family. Just happened to be a bit over there in foul territory methinks.
You are welcome....it does get confusing.

You are correct the Penny and Phillip do enjoy carriage driving and the families are/were pretty tight.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Penny is the estranged wife of Norton Knatchbull, Baron Brabourne [formerly Lord Romsey], who is the son of Patricia Mountbatten Knatchbull, who herself is the daughter of the late Earl Mountbatten of Burma.

Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine > Princess Alice > Queen Victoria

Charles > Elizabeth > George VI > George V > Edward VII > Queen Victoria
Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine
Charles > Philip > Princess Alice of Battenberg > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine
Charles > Philip > Princess Alice of Battenberg > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine
Yes, another route of lineage as well.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,204
The proudest great-granny in Britain! The Queen beams with delight as her great-grandchildren enjoy marvellous day out (and lots of ice cream) at Royal Windsor Horse Show

People forget that Louise and James are grandchildren and not great-grandchildren of the Queen, even though they are much closer in age to Isla and Savannah. Such lovely images of Louise playing with Savannah and Isla today and Louise is so pretty.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,425
Louise looked great and she's growing up to be a nice young lady. It's always good to see the Wessex's out and about enjoying themselves.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
This was a lovely series of photographs of the family members enjoying themselves together.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-17-2015, 07:34 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The proudest great-granny in Britain! The Queen beams with delight as her great-grandchildren enjoy marvellous day out (and lots of ice cream) at Royal Windsor Horse Show

People forget that Louise and James are grandchildren and not great-grandchildren of the Queen, even though they are much closer in age to Isla and Savannah. Such lovely images of Louise playing with Savannah and Isla today and Louise is so pretty.
Wonderful pix.... how beautiful Louise is ! Heartwarming pix of a lovely family
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-17-2015, 07:41 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Penny is related to Philip as her mother was 1st cousin to the Duke. Its also been noted I believe that Philip and Penny are pretty close and they both enjoy carriage driving together.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm going by memory here.
Is Lady Penny not the wife of Norton Knatchbull, 8th Baron Brabourne?
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,204
This is a lovely photo

Louise is perhaps going to be like her mother's side as they all seem quite tall. James cousin Oliver is the guy next to him in this photo and he is really tall.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-17-2015, 01:29 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,294
Posts discussing Lady Louise's outfit have been moved to the Fashion for Little Royals thread. Please continue all fashion discussions there.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-17-2015, 03:30 PM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,912
I love those pictures of Louise with Savannah and Isla.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Wonderful pix.... how beautiful Louise is ! Heartwarming pix of a lovely family

Where are the equines? I see a bunch of blondes, buncha children, Duke and Queen, but no horses other than amusement park ride merry go round horses. Don't let the Queen's coloration on her hands scare you, I get like that and my blood ox sat stays around 99 to 100 but I have low b.p. and that's why, the low b.p. I know it flips people out when they notice it on me. But that's the Queen doing it, I can only wonder how it effects the ignorant, might worry someone to a breaking point leaving them sad. So I thought I'd mention. It's no big deal. Of course the photos didn't link.. That I attempted to quote.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
Where are the equines? I see a bunch of blondes, buncha children, Duke and Queen, but no horses other than amusement park ride merry go round horses. Don't let the Queen's coloration on her hands scare you, I get like that and my blood ox sat stays around 99 to 100 but I have low b.p. and that's why, the low b.p. I know it flips people out when they notice it on me. But that's the Queen doing it, I can only wonder how it effects the ignorant, might worry someone to a breaking point leaving them sad. So I thought I'd mention. It's no big deal. Of course the photos didn't link.. That I attempted to quote.
For all the horse-lovers, the official site of the Royal Windsor Horse Show:
http://www.rwhs.co.uk/
with loads of photos of horses
(on the royal forums people tend to look more to the royal side of things, but ofcourse there is a lot to enjoy on the rwhs site for the equestrians amongst us )
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windsor/Mountbatten-Windsor: Name of Royal House and Surname HRH Kimetha British Royals 168 06-18-2016 11:47 PM
Dubai Ruling Family at the Newmarket Horse Race: 2012 - 2013, 2015 Artemisia Ruling Family of Dubai 16 05-04-2016 05:50 PM
Royal Windsor Horse Show: 2009-2010, 2013 giov Ruling Family of Dubai 18 05-14-2013 10:00 AM
Royal Windsor Horse Show and Windsor Castle Royal Tattoo HMQueenElizabethII British Royals 74 05-18-2009 06:42 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice hats princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde in jordan queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal wedding september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises