The Royal Windsor Horse Show 1: 2005-2009, 2014-2015, 2017-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my... priceless shots of Philip! He seems to be so fragile and strong at the same time...

Boy, William has aged very well since Charlotte was born! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if anyone else has been three different "Dukes" at one time. :bang:
:ROFLMAO:

George V - Duke of York, Cornwall and Rothesay.

Of course he actually held all those dukedoms as opposed to people getting the titles wrong.

Is it just me, or has the Fail been failing even harder than usual lately? So many articles with super basic facts wrong and major editorial mistakes. One last week said Diana was buried at Park House in Norfolk.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Is it just me, or has the Fail been failing even harder than usual lately? So many articles with super basic facts wrong and major editorial mistakes. One last week said Diana was buried at Park House in Norfolk.

I've noticed that too. Perhaps its a good thing as recently in an article about Charles, there were nothing but positive comments.

Or... perhaps they were trying to get all their dukes in a row? :whistling:

Or... perhaps they were trying to get all their dukes in a row?
whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.8t8n9hIWgT.gif

For shame .... for shame. :)

I think the obvious mistakes are great. If it becomes so oblivious they are getting it wrong, people will find everything hard to believe.

The true asset of the british royal family for the moment i think is the Countess of Wessex.

Queen Elizabeth arrives at the Royal Windsor Horse Show

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116251388:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=kfpjnpia
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116251284:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=ocmiphda
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116251274:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=kooamjeo
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116260952:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=okldfmgi

And Prince Philip arrives drives the carriage

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116249648:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=dcghibkp
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116249043:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=nflejjdb
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:116248263:1800x650:w?v=5912ca84&m=dmpbadia

Windsor, UK. 11 May, 2017. Her Majesty The Queen's horse Barber's Shop wins RoR Tattersalls Thoroughbred Ridden Show Series Qualifier (National Hunt).

Belga Image

Queen also meets at the Royal Windsor Horse Show the Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid

Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid meets Queen Elizabeth at Royal Windsor | GulfNews.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes eya. I agree... she is a fab asset and often understimated by the press...

Louise looks very much like her Edward in some pics and I see the queen as well. Not seeing much of Sophie in her face at all.

Is Louise taking part in the show? I hear she also rides.

LaRae

I think Louise has always looked a lot like Edward (I seem to recall that when they left the hospital after Louise was born, one of the reporters asked who the baby looked like, and Sophie pointed at Edward), but in some of the pictures from today the resemblance seems even stronger than ever! It's always lovely to see Louise, especially with her mother and grandmother. It seems like they always enjoy each others company.

Louise is the image of her father it's scary at times! Her mannerisms are so similar - she even stands like him and holds her hands like him. It's really lovely to see how much she looks like him and I can't believe how tall she is! Everyone else clearly thinks so too as there are some lovely images of Sophie and Louise comparing heights.

Louise is 100% Windsor!

The Royal Windsor Horse Show appears to be a very popular event, and I'm sure the Queen, and her family enjoy having a nice, relaxing day out. I saw some pictures of Lady Louise playing with her cousin Peter's daughters, and Louise liked like a natural. She's a lovely young lady, and it's always a pleasure to see her out with her family. The more I look at her, the more I see a younger version of her paternal grandmother. James rocked his sunglasses. Both of the Wessex kids are on the tall side.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Who is Lady Penny Romsey?

Edward's children are going to be tall. Louisa looks like him...not sure who James resembles ..the glasses block his eyes.

Peter's children are very attractive. So nice to see the cousins (even if not of the same generation) get on so well.

LaRae

Those pictures are so sweet! After seeing the pictures yesterday, I was already thinking, "I can't believe Louise has grown up so much already," and seeing her play with her adorable little cousins only reinforces that. And while Louise may look just like Edward, it seems like she has Sophie's laid-back, hands-on nature.

I always love seeing pictures from events like the Royal Windsor Horse Show, as it's always nice to see members of different parts of the family interacting in an informal setting and enjoying themselves.

Who is Lady Penny Romsey?

If I'm not mistaken, Penny is related to Philip as her mother was 1st cousin to the Duke. Its also been noted I believe that Philip and Penny are pretty close and they both enjoy carriage driving together.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm going by memory here.

If I'm not mistaken, Penny is related to Philip as her mother was 1st cousin to the Duke. Its also been noted I believe that Philip and Penny are pretty close and they both enjoy carriage driving together.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm going by memory here.

Penny is the estranged wife of Norton Knatchbull, Baron Brabourne [formerly Lord Romsey], who is the son of Patricia Mountbatten Knatchbull, who herself is the daughter of the late Earl Mountbatten of Burma.

Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine > Princess Alice > Queen Victoria

Charles > Elizabeth > George VI > George V > Edward VII > Queen Victoria

I love these family pictures of the royals out and about and enjoying themselves at the horse show. It's a great way to see the kids and how big they are now.

Thanks Zonk. That really explains it so much better. At least I was in the right ballpark with the Mountbatten side of the family. Just happened to be a bit over there in foul territory methinks. :D

Thanks Zonk. That really explains it so much better. At least I was in the right ballpark with the Mountbatten side of the family. Just happened to be a bit over there in foul territory methinks. :D

You are welcome....it does get confusing.

You are correct the Penny and Phillip do enjoy carriage driving and the families are/were pretty tight.

Penny is the estranged wife of Norton Knatchbull, Baron Brabourne [formerly Lord Romsey], who is the son of Patricia Mountbatten Knatchbull, who herself is the daughter of the late Earl Mountbatten of Burma.

Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine > Princess Alice > Queen Victoria

Charles > Elizabeth > George VI > George V > Edward VII > Queen Victoria
Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine
Charles > Philip > Princess Alice of Battenberg > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom