The Royal Windsor Horse Show 1: 2005-2009, 2014-2015, 2017-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful seeing Louise driving. Her parents were so proud :flowers:

I have a feeling grandpa was likely just as proud to see his granddaughter following in his footsteps. She and James spend time Rick g with grandma, perhaps getting carriage lessons from Philip can help fill some retirement hours.

"Keeping up tradition:Lady Louise Windsor, one of the youngest members of the royal family, looked perfectly at ease as she drove a carriage at the Royal Windsor Horse Show today."

Lady Louise and Prince Philip at the Windsor Horse Show | Daily Mail Online

The picture of Isla 'hugging her cousin tightly as the smartly-attired James smiled happily' is so dear. :flowers: It's alway so nice when a youngest born in a family has younger cousins they can be big brother/sister to.

Louise looks very happy. Big accomplishment.

I think, from reading lately, that if given the chance, James would drive a carriage too but not until after its been "souped" up with an engine.

Louise looked fantastic driving that carriage and has grown into a very nice young woman. Its hard to imagine that she's 13 already. I have a feeling that Louise is going to be very active in the years to come when there's a horse show or horse race or anything really to do with horses. Living so close to Windsor, she probably can and does spend time with her grandparents... and horses.

Once again, the Daily Mail provided excellent photos of the day.

There were lots of great photos from today, thank you to everyone who shared them.
Louise seems to get more grown up each time we see photos of her. It appears that her hair is getting a lot darker too - I think she'll be a brunette as an adult. James is getting tall too, it looked like he was having a fun time on the bouncy castle. I absolutely loved to see the photos of Louise driving the carriage as well. I bet Philip was proud! :)
Savannah and Isla are adorable as usual, I didn't realise they were into rock climbing. It's nice that they have lots of facilities at the show for the children who visit to play with. It seems like a fun day out.

:previous: I am struck how in many of the pictures Peter Phillips could be the brother of Prince William. They really do look alike (except for the hair). :flowers:

:previous:Yes they could be siblings. However I'm again stunned by the lack of research by DM "writers." They've just claimed that Peter Phillips is Prince Edward's cousin.:bang:

:previous: Yes they could be siblings. However I'm again stunned by the lack of research by DM "writers." They've just claimed that Peter Phillips is Prince Edward's cousin.

From who does the resemblance stem? :blink: I can't figure out who?

:previous: I am struck how in many of the pictures Peter Phillips could be the brother of Prince William. They really do look alike (except for the hair). :flowers:

Yes it's quite canny ....I've thought for a long time how similar they are in build and features (except the hair!).

LaRae

There are definitely similarities between the two.

I always forget how close in age Peter and Edward are. Peter went to his stag do because they're so close in age. James looks like he could be peters son as he's so close to Savannah's age. I think it's lovely t see James with the Phillips girls as he's closer to them than his actual cousins. Peter is 30 years older than James.

William and Peter physically (build) remind me of one another...from the back you can mistake them for each other.

LaRae

Ah, is it this time of year again already?! Great photos from the first couple of days at Windsor. It was a really lovely surprise to see Philip there too, I was expecting him to rest quite a lot this year due to his health problems. He seems to be enjoying himself, too.
Cute to see the children there on the first day!

Ugh at the Daily Fail referring to Louise as "the oldest daughter of Prince Andrew", but I expect nothing more from them. Sloppy reporting at its finest.
Great to see Louise at the event today; as she was absent when the children were there earlier this week (probably due to school as she is in an important year). HM looked like she was enjoying herself as usual. The weather in Windsor doesn't look much better than the miserable weather here in London today. Looks like everyone is wrapped up warm though!

Sophie must be so proud of Louise,love the photo of the Countess taking a photo of Lady Louise!

Prince Philip looks to be in fine spirits too!

I would bet my last croissant that while Lady Louise was showing her skill at carriage driving, there was one very proud and beaming grandfather watching it all.

It was heartening to hear that Philip is doing so well on the road to recovery that he's determined to be there for Harry and Meghan's wedding. Most likely, also, he's determined to get back in the carriage driving seat again too. You can't keep a good man down for long. :D

If he's driving (and apparently he is) then he's doing pretty good! I fully expect him to be there at the wedding.

LaRae

I really hope to see him on the wedding <3
(althouuuuuugh I don't think he should still be driving but thats another topic)

Why shouldn't he be driving?

If he is capable why limit him?

If it is because of his age then that is simply discrimination and totally unacceptable in my view. I have seen people at 20 who shouldn't be driving while those at 90 are perfectly capable (not all but many).

A person should be tested on a regular basis and only when deemed incapable should they then lose their independence and consequent self-esteem and connectedness to the rest of the world. If that is a 20 so be it or if at 100 then good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom