The Royal Windsor Horse Show 1: 2005-2009, 2014-2015, 2017-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norton > Patricia > Louis, Earl Mountbatten > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine
Charles > Philip > Princess Alice of Battenberg > Victoria, Princess of Hesse of Rhine

Yes, another route of lineage as well.

Louise looked great and she's growing up to be a nice young lady. It's always good to see the Wessex's out and about enjoying themselves.

This was a lovely series of photographs of the family members enjoying themselves together. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The proudest great-granny in Britain! The Queen beams with delight as her great-grandchildren enjoy marvellous day out (and lots of ice cream) at Royal Windsor Horse Show

People forget that Louise and James are grandchildren and not great-grandchildren of the Queen, even though they are much closer in age to Isla and Savannah. Such lovely images of Louise playing with Savannah and Isla today and Louise is so pretty.
Wonderful pix.... how beautiful Louise is ! Heartwarming pix of a lovely family :flowers:

If I'm not mistaken, Penny is related to Philip as her mother was 1st cousin to the Duke. Its also been noted I believe that Philip and Penny are pretty close and they both enjoy carriage driving together.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm going by memory here.

Is Lady Penny not the wife of Norton Knatchbull, 8th Baron Brabourne?

This is a lovely photo

Louise is perhaps going to be like her mother's side as they all seem quite tall. James cousin Oliver is the guy next to him in this photo and he is really tall.

Posts discussing Lady Louise's outfit have been moved to the Fashion for Little Royals thread. Please continue all fashion discussions there.

I love those pictures of Louise with Savannah and Isla. :flowers:

Wonderful pix.... how beautiful Louise is ! Heartwarming pix of a lovely family :flowers:

Where are the equines? I see a bunch of blondes, buncha children, Duke and Queen, but no horses other than amusement park ride merry go round horses. Don't let the Queen's coloration on her hands scare you, I get like that and my blood ox sat stays around 99 to 100 but I have low b.p. and that's why, the low b.p. I know it flips people out when they notice it on me. But that's the Queen doing it, I can only wonder how it effects the ignorant, might worry someone to a breaking point leaving them sad. So I thought I'd mention. It's no big deal. Of course the photos didn't link.. That I attempted to quote.

Last edited:
Where are the equines? I see a bunch of blondes, buncha children, Duke and Queen, but no horses other than amusement park ride merry go round horses. Don't let the Queen's coloration on her hands scare you, I get like that and my blood ox sat stays around 99 to 100 but I have low b.p. and that's why, the low b.p. I know it flips people out when they notice it on me. But that's the Queen doing it, I can only wonder how it effects the ignorant, might worry someone to a breaking point leaving them sad. So I thought I'd mention. It's no big deal. Of course the photos didn't link.. That I attempted to quote.

For all the horse-lovers, the official site of the Royal Windsor Horse Show:
http://www.rwhs.co.uk/
with loads of photos of horses :lol:
(on the royal forums people tend to look more to the royal side of things, but ofcourse there is a lot to enjoy on the rwhs site for the equestrians amongst us :flowers:)

Love seeing photos of them there!

LaRae

There are some things in this world that never change and one of these is how much HM enjoys her horses. I'm so happy that Barber's Shop did so well and by the Queen's face, so is she.

Queen behind the wheel of her Range Rover at Windsor Show* | Daily Mail Online

"The Queen was joined by Prince Edward and his wife Sophie as well as grandson Peter Philips, Canadian great-daughter-in-law Autumn and their two children. "

"Keeping up tradition:Lady Louise Windsor, one of the youngest members of the royal family, looked perfectly at ease as she drove a carriage at the Royal Windsor Horse Show today.
"

Lady Louise and Prince Philip at the Windsor Horse Show | Daily Mail Online

All is well in the Queen's world. Its horse show time and soon will be the Ascot races. She has her family around her and seems to really be enjoying life to the fullest. Its not surprising at all that HM prefers Windsor.

A life for a while of no worries and no hurries is the correct prescription for the life of a wonderful Queen.

The most interesting thing is how she gets away entertaining and appeasing the King of Bahrain and helped arms deals to thrive,while we all fawn on those cute great grandchildren.. and how her own and other "civilised" governments sermonise about human rights and democracy while bombing the hell out of nations using it as an excuse.. Ya she is truly an asset to her country..

Last edited:
Please mind it is not at all a personal attack on the Queen, for whom I have very great love and respect..

The most interesting thing is how she gets away entertaining and appeasing the King of Bahrain and helped arms deals to thrive,while we all fawn on those cute great grandchildren.. and how her own and other "civilised" governments sermonise about human rights and democracy while bombing the hell out of nations using it as an excuse.. Ya she is truly an asset to her country..

I would bet my last roast beef sandwich that the conversations between the Queen and the King of Bahrain never once strayed into the subject of arms and arms deals. The Queen doesn't do that. Talk about the horses and racing and how is the family is more to be believed. The Queen is the most diplomatic person as a Head of State than anyone I've yet to know about.

That's why I said she "helps" , not makes the deals. This is the negative side of soft diplomacy the Queen is used for, and sadly she can't help it..

The Queen's grey dress looks wonderful on her!

LaRae

As usually ... Money/business interests rule supreme. Weapons are one of the few things that are made in the UK.

Last edited:
I wonder if we will start seeing Louise showing since she is supposed to really enjoy riding.

LaRae

I would love to see Louise riding in this event one day :flowers:

Is it a British thing to use the term great-daughter-in law? Should it not be granddaughter in law? Mistype by DM or English terminology. Makes her sound like married to a great grandchild.

The middle eastern royals are big horse owners. They often attend such events. I doubt the queen considers anything but having someone compare horses to. The queen is not allowed to have a political opinion, so there really is no concern she would have real influence here. When the BRF hangs out with the Dubai royals at ascot no one worries about her influence on oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom