The Royal Windsor Horse Show 1: 2005-2009, 2014-2015, 2017-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 14.5.2009

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh rides a two horse carriage around
the grounds of Windsor Castle on the second day of the Windsor
Horse Show on May 14, 2009 in Windsor, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh presents rosettes to the
carriage driving winners during day three of the Royal Windsor Horse
Show 2009 on May 14, 2009 in Windsor, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** getty gallery **

Lady Brabourne, neé Penelope Eastwood, has been a member of the Royal Family's trusted inner circle for about 30 years. She and Prince Philip share an interest in carriage racing and they obviously get on well together. She is family after all. In any case, the media have been speculating about their close friendship for many years.

Lady Brabourne, neé Penelope Eastwood, has been a member of the Royal Family's trusted inner circle for about 30 years. She and Prince Philip share an interest in carriage racing and they obviously get on well together. She is family after all. In any case, the media have been speculating about their close friendship for many years.

They do seem to make a lot of the 'friendship' but conveniently ignore the fact that they are 'family' as that fact might very well explain why they spend time together, besides the fact that they enjoy some activities in common. 'Let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story' seems to be the most appropriate comment I can think of here.

Most be a slow royal news day for the Daily Mail. No Beatrice, Harry, or Eugenie to throw daggers at.

Interesting to read some of the comments...apparently some of the Daily Mail readers want to know what the big deal as well.

Pics 17.5.2009

Queen Elizabeth II presents awards in the Land Rover
International Driving Grand Prix parade at the Royal
Windsor Horse Show in Berkshire, May 17, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Royal Windsor Horse Show 2014-2015

I noticed that there wasn't a thread on the Royal Windsor Horse Show, so I decided to create one. I hope the Moderators and Administrators are OK with this. :flowers: I didn't know where to post this article since it covers multiple royals who attended this year's show, so that's why I thought I'd create this thread.

He is just a few weeks away from his 93rd birthday, but Prince Philip showed he was still in fine fettle at the Royal Windsor Horse Show today.
The Duke of Edinburgh proved he was not afraid to pitch in when it came to setting up base for a packed day of equestrian events at Windsor Castle.
Despite suffering several bouts of ill-health in recent years, the Iron Duke was more than happy to reach in and fetch a number of picnic chairs out from the back of his car.

He's still in fine fettle! Prince Philip mucks in fetching deck chairs out of the boot of his car at the Royal Windsor Horse Show just weeks before his 93rd birthday | Mail Online

I think this is the first time Savannah and Isla have attended the show. They are adorable, I think Savannah's hair is looking straighter now. Is Lady Louise behind them in the carousel here? the article didn't mention her, but I recognise her curls and outfit so I'm assuming it's Louise.

Last edited:
I think these pictures today are my new favorites. Though obviously taken with a long lens, you can tell how the Queen and the Duke LOVE this event. It's a nice day but not too hot, they both seem healthy and happy. I think these two dedicated, hard working people deserve as much of that as they can get! :flowers:

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Queen Elizabeth II attend the Royal Windsor Endurance event on day 3
**Pic**
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, King of Bahrain attend the Royal Windsor Endurance event on day 3
**Pic**
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (left), Queen Elizabeth II and Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, King of Bahrain (right)
**Pic**

Galleries:
*Pics1*, *Pics2*, *Pics3*

Last edited:
More adorable photos of Savannah and Isla. I like how they're both wearing pink tops.

With a display of almost extravagant reverence, here is Autumn Phillips curtseying deeply for the Queen at the Royal Windsor Horse Show yesterday.
Watched by her husband Peter, Princess Anne’s Canadian daughter-in-law followed protocol to the letter as Her Majesty approached in her Range Rover.
The Royals are known to take the rules surrounding curtseying very seriously.

So that's why they call it a curtsey car: Autumn Phillips kneels to the majestic driver of the Royal Range Rover - before making merry with her gorgeous girls | Mail Online

Savannah and Isla are both ridiculously cute. Savannah has lovely green eyes and is a bit like Louise as a toddler. Their little spotty shoes were very cute. I don't think they have been seen at the show until now. Would have been lovely if Edward and Sophie had been able to take Louise and James and they had met each other.

Princess Anne regularly rode in the showjumping competition.

Prince Philip competed in carriage driving completion.

It's a nice and respectable relationship that they have. They've come a long way!

Photog Mark Stewart caught 3 beauties at the horse show and posted them on his FB page. James prefers motor, Prince Phillip is delighted and Zara beams a smile. Really worth a look!
Mark Stewart Photography Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom