The Royal Windsor Horse Show 1: 2005-2009, 2014-2015, 2017-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Lovely to see the Tindalls and Phillips there today. Mia and Savannah looked as if they were having a lot of fun on the climbing wall. Not having royal parents, they probably have a very "ordinary" upbringing just like you and I - minus the addition of occasional Trooping and royal wedding appearances, of course!

Isn't it wonderful that the Windsor Horse Show has become such a family affair. Andrew is in his element as Vice-President of the RWHS, and it was amazing to see Prince Michael of Kent and the Countess of Wessex were into carriage driving as well as Lady Louise.

Sophie looked great with her two in hand a Louise surprised with both two and four in hand, and their period driving ensembles were wonderful.

HM and a very rare sighting of the DofE made the final night quite a treat. Even Harry turned out for the 90 minute finale.

Isn't it wonderful that the Windsor Horse Show has become such a family affair. Andrew is in his element as Vice-President of the RWHS, and it was amazing to see Prince Michael of Kent and the Countess of Wessex were into carriage driving as well as Lady Louise.

Sophie looked great with her two in hand a Louise surprised with both two and four in hand, and their period driving ensembles were wonderful.

HM and a very rare sighting of the DofE made the final night quite a treat. Even Harry turned out for the 90 minute finale.

Andrew and the Wessexes are all vice-presidents. But they all seem in their element :flowers:

I love seeing Louise driving the carriage. She really is a little equestrian. I see she is also taking polo lessons as well.

Prince Philip must be so proud. While a couple of his grandchildren are into horses, Louise is the one who has followed his lead. It must be very proud moment for him to watch her in these driving events.

Nice to see both Sophie and Prince Michael out driving them as well.

I guess living at Frogmore makes it convenient and nice for Harry. He can easily attend these events for short spurts.

It was great to see Prince Michael there today - I didn't realise that he drove carriages as well. It seems to be a genetic passion in the BRF! Loved the photos of Lady Louise looking so happy behind the horses, too.

I imagine that the Queen was very, very happy to hear this bit of news. The Royal Windsor Horse Show is something she looks forward to yearly along with Ascot week.

Today, July 4, is the final day of this year's Royal Windsor Horse Show, Queen Elizabeth attended again and the Countess of Wessex and Lady Louse were seen carriage driving. The Countess of Wessex used the Duke of Edinburgh's carriage:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article ** gettyimages gallery **

Queen Elizabeth later presented the trophies:

** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
is it just the lack of good pics or was the show really not well attended by the RF this year? We normally have the Princess Royal and her family. I must admit we haven't see the Cambridges ever at RWHS and the Yorks haven't come since they were children.
Usually the whole Rhys Jones family is there in force was well - but maybe the pics just aren't showing them.

Did Sophie compet as well as Louise?

Today, July 4, is the final day of this year's Royal Windsor Horse Show, Queen Elizabeth attended again and the Countess of Wessex and Lady Louse were seen carriage driving. The Countess of Wessex used the Duke of Edinburgh's carriage:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article ** gettyimages gallery **

Queen Elizabeth later presented the trophies:
** gtresnews gallery **

How many carriages did the duke have as his 'main' one was inherited by his granddaughter who was riding it today. Her mother was riding next her in a different (less modern) one.

is it just the lack of good pics or was the show really not well attended by the RF this year? We normally have the Princess Royal and her family. I must admit we haven't see the Cambridges ever at RWHS and the Yorks haven't come since they were children.
Usually the whole Rhys Jones family is there in force was well - but maybe the pics just aren't showing them.

Did Sophie compet as well as Louise?
Sophie said that she wasn't really good at carriage driving, so she gave it up when she had children - but great to see that she picked it up again. Not sure whether only those competing can come in or that it is partly a 'parade' and partly 'competition'.

In the final picture in this Tatler piece Louise is driving next to her mother in the carriage that her mother was previously driving (so, not Philip's competitive carriage).

Edit: looked up the program and results. It looks like both of them participated in the 'The Champagne Laurent-Perrier Meet of the British Driving Society – Return from Drive' - which doesn't sound like a competition; there aren't results available either. Maybe Louise also participated in "CAIO4* Land Rover International Driving Grand Prix - Presentation of Overall Individual Awards (Horse Four-in-Hand)"

Edit 2: This is what the driving competition existed of.

The Land Rover International Driving Grand Prix is one of the most important driving events in the UK and is also a FEI World CupTM qualifier. There are three stages to the competition. The Driven Dressage involves the team driving a set series of movements and takes place on the Thursday and Friday of the Show. The Marathon Stage takes place on the Saturday; this challenging stage requires the competitors to drive at speed around eight obstacles and is one of our most popular parts of the competition. The final stage is the Cone Driving on Sunday where teams drive through narrowly spaced pairs of cones in a set time.

However, I don't see Louise's name in the results list (I assume she couldn't participate because of school duties). There were very few participants it seems - or very few are included in this category of national entries? See events 86 to 89 and 132 on the national results page; but a few of her horses did participate.

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended the „A Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee celebration“ at the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Windsor Castle yesterday evening, May 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pa gallery of all days **

And Lady Louise was seen driving a carriage once belonging to the Duke of Edinburgh that same evening:

** Pic ** gtresnews gallery **

Today, May 13, Queen Elizabeth visited the Royal Windsor Horse Show:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended today as well as watched Lady Louise together with Queen Elizabeth.

** dm article: Standing ovation! Her Majesty is clapped and cheered as she gets to her feet while watching..**

Last edited:
Victoria Ward of the Daily Telegraph tweets that the Queen has arrived at at the Royal Windsor Horse Show to watch her fell pony Balmoral Leia compete.

Twitter link

Article (behind paywall)
Queen arrives at Royal Windsor Horse Show in first public appearance since March

(...)

Yesterday, the Queen opted to visit her horses privately rather than attend the first day of the show.

The monarch spent 20 minutes with her horses away from the public gaze after apparently pulling out of what would have been a high profile visit to the show at the eleventh hour.

The Queen was handed a programme through the window and sat chatting to officials throughout the brief event.*

She beamed throughout and looked delighted to be there.

(...)

Last edited:
Am glad HM made it to the Horse Show, it is an impoprtant fixture for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by HenRach Dominion View Post
"If it's A Gallop through History, I wonder if the children are supposed to represent the future, and their carriage is the last one in the program."

I love the thought of this but the live show runs from approx 8.00pm to 10.15pm, well past all their bedtimes. Would they really have babies out at that time of night?

Sorry; only saw this thread after I'd posted this in Platinum Jubilee thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom