The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts regarding the Heads Together campaign have been split out into their own thread:
The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

Old 04-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal charity splits with Charles's divorce lawyer* | Daily Mail Online

I didn't even know she was a trustee of the foundation.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Cepe Smith‏ @CepeSmith
CC 15/5 Duke of Cambridge this morning rec'd Mr Brent Hoberman (Chairman, the Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying)
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal
This morning The Duke attended the 4th meeting of The Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying at Buckingham Palace.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...16755264421888

The Taskforce brings together Britain's technology leaders to tackle the online bullying of young people:

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Taskforce is working to put practical measures in place by the end of 2017 to help & support children if they experience cyberbullying.

These measures include technological tools within social media platforms signposting children to online support. More updates to follow!

https://www.royal.uk/duke-cambridge-...ying-taskforce
Old 07-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace are hiring! The households of Prince William and Kate and Prince Harry are looking for a new senior communications officer to support the royals' work, with a particular focus on their Royal Foundation. An advertisement for the job has been posted on the palace's official website, detailing the role requirements.

The successful candidate will "manage the daily news flow to the media, ensuring items are accurately and positively reported and received by audiences via traditional, digital and social media". They will also produce creative communications campaigns, write press releases, give press briefings and respond to media enquiries. Above all, the candidate will "play a key role in the development and implementation of the communications strategy for The Royal Foundation," working alongside the CEO of the Foundation and the communications secretary.

Read more: Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry hiring new officer
Old 09-12-2017, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith

CC 11/9 The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation this morning received Nicholas Booth upon relinquishing his appt as CEO.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

If Prince Harry marries will this foundation then be renamed the Royal Foundation of the Dukes and Duchesses of Cambridge and (maybe) Sussex?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I would expect so. To me, though, it seems a very long and clunky title. I hope all four don't turn up to too many joint engagements. Too much, too many people, IMO.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Foundation would be a better title once Harry gets married.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Royal Foundation would be a better title once Harry gets married.

Quote:
I hope all four don't turn up to too many joint engagements. Too much, too many people, IMO.
I believe that initially they'll do more engagements as a foursome and later it will taper off to big foundation events: ie mental health. No doubt Harry's wife will become involved in that aspect of the foundation too.

(I'm not going to say MM's name in these types of threads yet, because I'm afraid that I'll "jinx" their relationship.) ;-)
Old 10-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Yes I agree as adding the Cambridge and ________ titles would be clumsy.

I believe that initially they'll do more engagements as a foursome and later it will taper off to big foundation events: ie mental health. No doubt Harry's wife will become involved in that aspect of the foundation too.

(I'm not going to say MM's name in these types of threads yet, because I'm afraid that I'll "jinx" their relationship.) ;-)
Same here! I don’t want anything jinxed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing very nice about the Royal Foundation is that it could actually expand to have a specific area of interest that would be totally Meghan's (or whomever he ends up marrying).

Right now the three main areas of concern are Youth, Armed Forces and Conservation. It seems Kate focuses on the youth charities, Harry on the armed forces and William with conservation. Its very possible that another category such as Human Rights could be added with Meghan focusing on this area as that's an area she's already done a lot of work with.

The Royal Foundation is made to order for a fourth person to join in and make a difference. We'll just have to watch and see what happens.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Majesty

Not Human Rights - too political. It's a pity, but there it is.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Majesty

You're right as Human Rights may be too political.

Just was trying to think up a category that might be added. OK. How about The Performing Arts? Different organizations that would be added to give an outlet for people that normally wouldn't have the chance to study these arts in other circumstances?

Just trying to show that the Foundation could be very flexible to add another Duchess to its list.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Royals William, Harry and Kate are giving £2million to an online scheme to boost Britain’s mental health .

The grant from their charity the Royal Foundation will establish the initiative.

Prince William said: “We’ve got to somehow catch people in their daily life to bring them into the fold and give them the help they need.”

It is expected to be up and running by January.

William, Kate and Harry give £2million to online mental health scheme to help those in need - Mirror Online
Old 10-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Majesty

Lots of reports about the £2m - this one has video and detail

Prince William Reacts to Mental Health Campaign Impact

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Lots of reports about the £2m - this one has video and detail

Prince William Reacts to Mental Health Campaign Impact
It is good that the initiative is making a difference and that they are now moving on to the next step, guiding people to resources.
You can tell this project is important to William.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Majesty

One can really tell that all of the Three Musketeers (W&K&H) are deeply committed to this endeavor. Its not just that they're getting a message out but they're continually striving to find out and enact different ways to reach people and backing it with grants from the Foundation.

They've come a long way since the Foundation became operational in 2011.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One can really tell that all of the Three Musketeers (W&K&H) are deeply committed to this endeavor. Its not just that they're getting a message out but they're continually striving to find out and enact different ways to reach people and backing it with grants from the Foundation.

They've come a long way since the Foundation became operational in 2011.
Right! This whole thing has been a process that they are deeply involved in nurturing.
I got so irritated with people (not necessarily on this forum) who criticized what and how the Royal Foundation was doing. Some thought it wasn't moving fast enough or wasn't in depth enough. They acted they it should have sprung forth fully operational like something that had been in existence for 20 years like other long standing charitable endeavors. No patience in letting things grow slowly to be strong and focused.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

This foundation is only getting started. I get the feeling they’re about to take things to new heights.

I love how passionate they are on the individual issues they support.

A.W. TOZER