The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I forgot to mention is that a lot of people see Harry spending time in Africa with different areas of working with the animals there as something he does as his own personal pursuits but actually, after spending so much time with conservatonalists working with these animals, Harry was named as an ambassador for United For Wildlife.

A lot of what we see them doing what seems to be their own personal pursuits actually can and does fit into a scheme or project set up by their Foundation.

Last edited:
It can easily be the other way around of course; it might start out as a personal endeavour but ending up being added to the Royal Foundation if it turns into mlre long term involvement.

That's the beauty of The Royal Foundation. Its so versatile. It can be individualized or it can be teamwork. It can be specific to a location or it can be global. It can be a concentrated effort on one aspect or it can include many aspects and organizations working in tandem.

There are no fewer than five charities currently active in the UK that focus on both the performing arts and mental health and I'm sure there are others that my 30 second google search didn't pick up.

Some, like Theatre Nemo, Stepping Out Theatre use performing arts as a tool to examine and engage with mental health. Others, like artsminds and music support focus on supporting the mental health of working artists. Finally, Cool Tan Arts "enhances mental wellbeing through the power of creativity" and has a very wide remit in terms of the activities they use to enhance mental health.

There's plenty of scope there for working within the existing focus of the Foundation, should Meghan marry Harry and want to bring her domain knowledge in theatre/television into the Foundation's context.

One name comes to mind for me. The King's Trust. There isn't any real reason that I can think of that the Prince's Trust couldn't continue on with Charles as king and its patron. Eventually it could continue on into the future as The King Charles Trust with the aim of being run as his original plans for it were and kept through the years.

Once a good thing gets going like The Royal Foundation, there are always ways to keep them going and doing what the founders had in mind for it.

It's the one that deals with helping the youth get jobs..job training etc. PoW Trust maybe? Seems like I recall Charles commenting on a video not long ago (within the last year) about no one ready to take it over as they are involved with other charitable works.

LaRae

What seems to have been forgotten is that The Princes Trust uses the considerable funds from the Duchy of Cornwall to support thevast range of charitable causes is supports.

Charles will not have access to that as King. The income from the Duchy of Lancaster is less and much of it is currently used to support members of BRF in carrying out their duties, plus subsidising Balmoral which runs at a loss every year.

I could see a “Royal Foundation” with the Princes Trust and Duke of ?? (Harry) Trust running under a joint umbrella.

What I’m not sure about is Charles’ direct involvement. The Queen is patron of Charities but no direct involvement. This way she has avoided any controversy. Charitable causes always seem to have a political aspect now so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Charles will not have access to that as King. The income from the Duchy of Lancaster is less and much of it is currently used to support members of BRF in carrying out their duties, plus subsidising Balmoral which runs at a loss every year.

Why is the Duchy of Lancaster less than the Duchy of Cornwall? It seems like it ought to be reversed since the Sovereign has much more to pay for financially.

The duchys are funded through investment, land and property purchase etc. There are different people managing them.

HMQ has been spending the “cash” supporting her wider family therefore there has been less to invest.

This is not the money given to HMQ by the Government to run the business of the monarchy

What seems to have been forgotten is that The Princes Trust uses the considerable funds from the Duchy of Cornwall to support thevast range of charitable causes is supports.

I could see a “Royal Foundation” with the Princes Trust and Duke of ?? (Harry) Trust running under a joint umbrella.

What I’m not sure about is Charles’ direct involvement. The Queen is patron of Charities but no direct involvement. This way she has avoided any controversy. Charitable causes always seem to have a political aspect now so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I know I read something relatively recently about Charles working with the Trust to set things up so they continue to run without him being so involved on a regular basis as his workload for the Queen was increasing, but I can't find the article. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it again. It did sound like Charles does have direct involvement but realized he needs to step back.

What a wonderful and sweet video and a brings fond memories of the beloved Paddington Bear whose creator Michael Bond, died recently.

Kate took care of this bear! :D

Kate has such a lovely natural way about her; it’s good to see her out and feeling better

Article from the Telegraph - read more:
Duchess of Cambridge dances with Paddington Bear as surprise guest at children's event
The Duchess of Cambridge danced with Paddington Bear as she made a surprise appearance at an event for children.

The Duchess, who is pregnant with her third child and still suffering from the extreme morning sickness hyperemesis gravidarum, was well enough to join the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry on Monday.

She went with her husband and brother-in-law to Paddington station in London, alongside actor Hugh Bonneville and others from the cast of the new movie Paddington 2.

They joined 130 children from a dozen charities they support on board the Belmond British Pullman train at Paddington Station, inviting some young survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire to enjoy a day out in the countryside.

Videos from ITN:

The Duchess of Cambridge put her morning sickness behind her when Paddington Bear asked her for a dance whilst Prince William spoke of his plight to keep Prince George away from the TV:
https://itnproductions.com/news/video-kate-takes-a-spin-with-paddington-bear?type=raw

Pregnant Kate dances with Paddington Bear at Paddington Station:

Boy asks Prince William: "What's your son's favourite show?"

Last edited:
A very nice event to see. Kate is looking healthy. Both she and William have really come into their own at public outings over the past year or so. Kate used to seem a little hesitant at times and William could be stiff. Now they both seem more natural and very engaging and interested in the people, (and occasional bears), they meet.

The dancing was very charming....and nice to see the three of them doing another event together.

LaRae

Kate has such a lovely natural way about her; it’s good to see her out and feeling better

Yes I agree that she's looking much better lately and I hope that the HG issues are finally being resolved.

Great to see the trio out again supporting this cause today.

A very nice event to see. Kate is looking healthy. Both she and William have really come into their own at public outings over the past year or so. Kate used to seem a little hesitant at times and William could be stiff. Now they both seem more natural and very engaging and interested in the people, (and occasional bears), they meet.

Agreed- they really have come a long way and have sort of come into their own. I don't think the dance would have happened when Kate first appeared on the scene- she was (understandably) focused on not putting a foot wrong and played it very conservatively.

They're a lot more fun to watch now :) I'm glad to see she's feeling better.

Inspiring young people to build a career in sports coaching, giving them the qualifications, skills and expertise to be successful and more employable, whilst also becoming role models for their students and the wider community.
From the Coach Core site.

Wonderful to see the trio out at this event today supporting the program to inspire the next generation of coaches.? Congratulations to all of the graduates!

BTW- IMHO Kate finally looks like she's over the worst of the HG. Each day she seems to be making some progress.http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...-duchess-of-cambridge-and-picture-id862795396

Last edited:
Videos from ITN and Getty Images:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry attended the graduation ceremony of Coach Core apprentices at the London Stadium in Stratford today. Coach core is an apprenticeship scheme supported by the Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, which provides young people without positive prospects with training to become sports coaches and tutors.
https://itnproductions.com/news/vid...re-apprenticeship-ceremony-in-london?type=raw

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the London Stadium, alongside Prince Harry, for the graduation ceremony of dozens of sports coaching apprentices, as part of the Coach Core scheme.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the London Stadium, alongside... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

Prince Harry gives a speech at the London Stadium to apprentices on the Coach Core programme. He announces more funding will be going towards the apprenticeship programme, from the Royal Foundation.
Prince Harry gives a speech at the London Stadium to apprentices on... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

West Ham score some new royal supporters:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom