The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 07:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There's been no real confirmation of just what is going to happen with the Foundation. Nothing has been released officially as to the plans into the future. The same with the Prince's Trust. For all we know, it could be that the Prince's Trust just changes its name to The King's Trust. That has been Charles' baby for well over 40 years now.

We just have to watch and see what happens in the future.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-31-2019, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I am surprised that it is the Cambridges who will be continuing with the foundation and not the Sussexes instead. The Cambridges will probably take over the Prince's Trust soon.
I wouldnít say itís a given that Cambridges would take over the Princeís Trust. Itís not related to the role of Prince of Wales.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I am surprised that it is the Cambridges who will be continuing with the foundation and not the Sussexes instead. The Cambridges will probably take over the Prince's Trust soon.
Everything I have read and heard is that neither William nor Harry are at all interested in taking over The Prince's Trust. They may publicly state that they admire what their father has done but it isn't something with which they want to be associated. There are even reports that Charles is disappointed that neither of them are interested in The Prince's Trust to the extent that he has appointed the 2nd Earl Snowdon as second in charge of The Prince's Foundation last year rather then either of his own sons.

The Prince's Foundation was set up to bring together the vast number of organisations that are associated with Charles - including The Prince's Trust.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:29 PM
Majesty

I will keep an open mind until either the Foundation or BP and KP make official an official statement. Whatever happens, everyone seems to believe the genesis of the problem as being Harry and Meghan choosing to live at Windsor rather than KP.

As a choice and event, it seems a pretty normal progression. William and Catherine had the same "gift", a home of their own far away from London to continue to enable their small children to thrive, having already had that in Anglesey.

I have to wonder why both situations are viewed through such very different lenses.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

Geez, people …. get over yourselves! This isn't a marital divorce. It's a logical progression of the reality between these two particular brothers. They are both the sons of a future king. One will one day become king himself. The other will be relegated to the background. Their interests would have a natural divide. They are at that point. Let it go and let's all move on!
Old 05-31-2019, 10:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know...not sure what the deal is there...Harry/Meghan got the same basic set up as the Cambridges. A house in town and a house in the country.

LaRae
Old 05-31-2019, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Everything I have read and heard is that neither William nor Harry are at all interested in taking over The Prince's Trust. They may publicly state that they admire what their father has done but it isn't something with which they want to be associated. There are even reports that Charles is disappointed that neither of them are interested in The Prince's Trust to the extent that he has appointed the 2nd Earl Snowdon as second in charge of The Prince's Foundation last year rather then either of his own sons.

The Prince's Foundation was set up to bring together the vast number of organisations that are associated with Charles - including The Prince's Trust.
I, for one, thought the appointment of the 2nd Earl Snowdon was an excellent choice. He will have plenty of time to devote to this foundation and he is quite an intelligent young man. I am sure many discussions with the Queen and his sons brought about this huge honor.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I will keep an open mind until either the Foundation or BP and KP make official an official statement. Whatever happens, everyone seems to believe the genesis of the problem as being Harry and Meghan choosing to live at Windsor rather than KP.

As a choice and event, it seems a pretty normal progression. William and Catherine had the same "gift", a home of their own far away from London to continue to enable their small children to thrive, having already had that in Anglesey.

I have to wonder why both situations are viewed through such very different lenses.
What we're not sure of either is that its possible that Harry and Meghan have retained the use of Nott Cott for their London base. If so, they haven't really moved away from KP at all.

Both brothers and their wives have country homes on royal estates. Only difference is that with Will at Amner Hall, he's already living on an estate that he, one day, will inherit. They both also have plenty of room to invite each other to stay when there's something going on at either Windsor or Sandringham.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-31-2019, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

My understanding is that role isnít a patronage like role. It requires more day to day whereas his sons have their own charities and duties. While we donít know about Earl of Snowdon, Michael Fawcett is being paid for his role in the Princeís Foundation. It doesnít mean he wonít pass on the patronage to his sons.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I know...not sure what the deal is there...Harry/Meghan got the same basic set up as the Cambridges. A house in town and a house in the country.

LaRae
A better comparison is between William and Charles as the future Kings - a large house in the country (Anmer and Highgrove) and a large house in London (KP and CH).

Harry's set up is comparable to Andrew and Edward's - main home in the country - Royal Lodge, Baghshot, Frogmore - and an apartment in BP. Those BP apartments are not large enough to be really homes as such but more somewhere to go between engagements, stay overnight etc but not where the family will live for any extended period of time.

The changes are clearly positioning the brothers - one as the future King and one as the future extended family royal rather than central to the monarchy.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Just a note. Charles purchased a pretty nothing house for the Duchy of Cornwall with little to recommend it.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Just a note. Charles purchased a pretty nothing house for the Duchy of Cornwall with little to recommend it.
And he made a damn fine home out of it.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Geez, people Ö. get over yourselves! This isn't a marital divorce. It's a logical progression of the reality between these two particular brothers. They are both the sons of a future king. One will one day become king himself. The other will be relegated to the background. Their interests would have a natural divide. They are at that point. Let it go and let's all move on!
Why will their interests divide? They are both working royals, both supporting the RF and Britain, both doing charity work and representing the monarch.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Why will their interests divide? They are both working royals, both supporting the RF and Britain, both doing charity work and representing the monarch.

ďInterestsĒ in the sense of a natural division of their future roles, not meaning that they care about different things. For example, I am sure that they will both have an ongoing interest in mental health. They will just engage from two different foundations.

Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward all have their own foundations, interests, and activitiesó- but they are also all individuals in service to the crown with only one becoming a future monarch.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Majesty

I think they differ on method rather than purpose. Wills and Kate seem very much following a staid , if modernized in approach to new communication channels on social media. Appropriate for future monarch. Or how they see the non-politicization of the monarchy. They was to use the bully pulpit to support the good work that others are doing.

Harry and Meghan, I think want more freedom to act on a larger breadth of issues and possible to have more influence on policy and fundraising for issues. They may not want to be apolitical in all cases. They want to use the bully pulpit to effect change.

And I actually think it is appropriate and smart for them to part the Foundation if this is true. They want to lead organizations that CANNOT SHARE A SINGLE MISSION. They have roles that lead them to these different missions. The Cambridges have to be cheerleaders of a sort while the Sussexes have greater freedom to fight for things.

Which is vastly different from them not supporting the work the other is doing. And to benefit from the work of the others. That's something we are missing on this discussion of busting up the foundation. I think it a great idea as the cracks would soon be apparent in any case. And then exploited by the press and we all know where that leads.

And I think temperamentally, they are all suited to the directions in which they are heading. The Cambridges play within the status quo to influence it while the Sussexes are happy to rouse outside opinion to nudge the status quo. So that's a smart deployment of personalities as well. JMO.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And I think temperamentally, they are all suited to the directions in which they are heading. The Cambridges play within the status quo to influence it while the Sussexes are happy to rouse outside opinion to nudge the status quo. So that's a smart deployment of personalities as well. JMO.
Good point Admirer U.S.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

well they cant "not be apolitical. " not if they're working for the RF.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this morning received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman) and Ms Lorraine Heggessey (Chief Executive).
Old 06-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Success of Sales and Contribution of the Duchess of Sussex Cookbook, Together, through the Royal Foundation and the foundation’s funding of the new CASEVAC Club-
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-14-2019, 08:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Success of Sales and Contribution of the Duchess of Sussex Cookbook, Together, through the Royal Foundation and the foundationís funding of the new CASEVAC Club-
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...mpression=true
Good for them. Unfortunately the BRF and British media don't recognize Meghan's value.

Closed Thread