The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #401  
Old 04-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I just noticed that the new bio on KP's twitter says, "The official account of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Royal Foundation." The bio on the Sussex Instagram account makes no mention of the Royal Foundation, so it appears the stories about the foundation being split up are true. Wonder when they will officially announce it?

It will be interesting to see how they go about restructuring everything.
RRs are saying it's still being decided. Given where the offices are, it makes sense to leave them there for now.
__________________

  #402  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:04 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,775
CC: Tuesday, April 16th-
The Duke of Sussex, Patron of the Royal Foundation, attended a round-table meeting on Conservation and Sustainability.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroya...90669120970752
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #403  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 553
CC: 16 April 2019
Kensington Palace
"The Duke of Sussex this afternoon received a briefing from members of Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, later attended a Roundtable Discussion on conservation and sustainability."


Apart from the CC reporting, this DoS's engagement was not reported on RF or KP twitter.

Dman, thank you for posting it.


.
  #404  
Old 04-17-2019, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
CC: 16 April 2019
Kensington Palace
"The Duke of Sussex this afternoon received a briefing from members of Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, later attended a Roundtable Discussion on conservation and sustainability."


Apart from the CC report, this DoS's engagement was not reported on RF or KP twitter.
.
I wouldn't expect any of Harry or Meghan's engagements to be on KP twitter anymore unless it was a Royal Foundation engagement, so not surprising about the Chatham House briefing. That seems to go more with his role with the Commonwealth.
  #405  
Old 04-17-2019, 06:07 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post

Apart from the CC reporting, this DoS's engagement was not reported on RF or KP twitter.
These were engagements without any press. Why would it be mentioned on twitter?
All royals do hundreds of meetings, receptions, audiences, etc. every year that we only hear about when they appear in the Court Circular.
For example, Charles did a dozen engagements in Scotland last week. The only way we know they happened is because they were in the CC. Heck, even the Queen did a few engagements last week we never heard a peep about, apart from the CC.
  #406  
Old 04-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
These were engagements without any press. Why would it be mentioned on twitter?
All royals do hundreds of meetings, receptions, audiences, etc. every year that we only hear about when they appear in the Court Circular.
For example, Charles did a dozen engagements in Scotland last week. The only way we know they happened is because they were in the CC. Heck, even the Queen did a few engagements last week we never heard a peep about, apart from the CC.

There was press. I saw pictures of the engagement on some RRs twitter, and also other peoples Instagram accounts, and that's why I was surprised that other accounts were reporting it and showing pictures of the engagement and yet the official twitters and Instagram accounts like RF or KP were not.
  #407  
Old 05-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 3,471
Court Circular 30th April:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this evening held a Reception at Kensington Palace for members of Her Royal Highnessís Early Years Steering Group.
  #408  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:11 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 51,763
.

The Duke of Cambridge as President of the Football Association attended the launch of the new mental health campaign "Heads Up" at Wembley Stadium in London today, May 15:



** rex gallery **


** gettyimages gallery: GBR: Duke Of Cambridge At The Launch Of New Mental Health Campaign **


** dm article: Prince William launches a new project with The Football Association at Wembley Stadium to encourage..**
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #409  
Old 05-24-2019, 01:06 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,775
Sad news, Botswana lifts Elephant Hunting Ban-
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...news-revealed/

Y’all know this is devastating news for both William and Harry and all those who’s passionate about stopping this travesty from happening.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #410  
Old 05-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 3,471
Court Circular 28th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon attended the Endeavour Fund Board Meeting at the headquarters of Rolls-Royce plc, 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.
  #411  
Old 05-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,775
The slow process of splitting the Royal Foundation appears to beginning, according to Royal Correspondent, Emily Andrews-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/918859...mpression=true

I know it’s likely the royal couples will do some charitable things together and I know William is in the process of preparing to become The Prince of Wales, but this split just saddens me. It feels like a divorce and I’ve never been married. My heart is sad.

Am I alone in feeling this way?
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #412  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The slow process of splitting the Royal Foundation appears to beginning, according to Royal Correspondent, Emily Andrews-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/918859...mpression=true

I know itís likely the royal couples will do some charitable things together and I know William is in the process of preparing to become The Prince of Wales, but this split just saddens me. It feels like a divorce and Iíve never been married. My heart is sad.

Am I alone in feeling this way?
I donít think anyone should be surprised. Every speculation about their relationship aside, as we donít know and there are so many conflicting reports, this structure is no longer sustainable. From running an organization structure standpoint, it just doesnít make sense anymore as they have entirely separate offices now.

And really, what joint venture do they have together other than Heads Together, which at this point is more of a collective of projects related to mental health? Even under conservation, Harry and William work with different organizations.

It seems like a natural progression of things as they grow up and become more established in their own right.
  #413  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Court Circular 28th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon attended the Endeavour Fund Board Meeting at the headquarters of Rolls-Royce plc, 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.
It has been a busy week for the Duke of Sussex.
  #414  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The slow process of splitting the Royal Foundation appears to beginning, according to Royal Correspondent, Emily Andrews-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/918859...mpression=true

I know it’s likely the royal couples will do some charitable things together and I know William is in the process of preparing to become The Prince of Wales, but this split just saddens me. It feels like a divorce and I’ve never been married. My heart is sad.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

“The Sussexes want the flexibility of more commercial decisions."-Emily Andrews

What does this even mean? I cannot see the Sussexes being able to be "commercial"-they are still much too close to the throne.
  #415  
Old 05-30-2019, 10:02 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,414
Emily has no idea what the Sussexes want. That has been proven more than once with her so called exclusives. Even this one was mentioned weeks ago by other correspondents. It’s inevitable. Hopefully it happens in the coming weeks. It’s the final piece and then the split is complete and they can all move forward.
  #416  
Old 05-30-2019, 10:48 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
ďThe Sussexes want the flexibility of more commercial decisions."-Emily Andrews

What does this even mean? I cannot see the Sussexes being able to be "commercial"-they are still much too close to the throne.
Harry and Meghan arenít going commercial. Ever since Harry married, Meghan, some of the royal reporters and correspondents have been trying to make it seem this couple is going all Hollywood. Theyíre not. The split was expected, but I still find it sad that the Foundation is splitting. I really liked them conducting their charitable ventures under the Foundation together.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #417  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:18 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,118
I have to admit I was not in favour of their individual causes being lumped into this foundation. Maybe I see things differently than many supporters but I have never bought into this perfect synergy between two like-minded brothers. The differences have always been there to see if you cared to look beyond the superficial.

I definitely agree that they are two alpha males though and I believe Harry has gotten the rough end of the stick many times when it rightly belonged the William or shared by both of them. William has always shown his absolute determination to be the one who makes decisions that affect him. Harry came across just as determined not to be pushed around by anyone.

The trouble is the palace PR were as stuck in the past as the fans when it came to Diana's sons and preferred not to remember that Charles was their father. They treated them as essentially inseparable and then, having managed to convince them to combine their lives and managed to put a cherry on top when Harry married they called them the "Fab Four". Now if that wasn't cringe-making I don't know what is.

Yet they deliberately ignored the reality of "the boys" lives especially since they went to boarding school there was an age difference, then William at Eaton and then, William chose University and Harry chose the military. When Harry left the military to work full time, they had essentially been living apart for fifteen years or more. ! It was only ever public family engagements that they attended together.

The nauseating statement that this all feels like divorce is both ignorant and tasteless, but then I have never been a fan of Emily Andrews reporting.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #418  
Old 05-31-2019, 12:03 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,205
When the idea of the Royal Foundation was implemented in 2009, it was a vehicle for William and Harry's charitable works under one umbrella (or roof) as both men were single and only having fledgling royal roles. As Diana's (and Charles') sons, they were pretty much WilliamandHarry to the world. William had his work in the military (SAR) and then as an air ambulance pilot while Harry pursued his career in the military.

Here we are 10 years later and so much has changed. William has married and has three beautiful children and preparing for his role as The Duke of Cornwall (and probably The Prince of Wales), working full time for the "Firm", doing investitures and being an ambassador of HM, The Queen overseas at times. Harry also has married and started his own family, has initiated some wonderful projects and also has gone to work full time for the "Firm". Harry and Meghan seems to be going to focus on the Commonwealth.

I never believed that the "fab four" was going to be an ongoing thing with these four people. They can do and accomplish so much more and cover far more bases by diverging their paths. Its no indication of a feud or a split between the brothers but its more covering more area and more ground and helping more people this way.

As William and Harry matured and came into their own, so are their roles and responsibilities. The Foundation was a great idea back in 2009 but isn't working so well for them now in 2019. Change was inevitable.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #419  
Old 05-31-2019, 05:56 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When the idea of the Royal Foundation was implemented in 2009, it was a vehicle for William and Harry's charitable works under one umbrella (or roof) as both men were single and only having fledgling royal roles. As Diana's (and Charles') sons, they were pretty much WilliamandHarry to the world. William had his work in the military (SAR) and then as an air ambulance pilot while Harry pursued his career in the military.

Here we are 10 years later and so much has changed. William has married and has three beautiful children and preparing for his role as The Duke of Cornwall (and probably The Prince of Wales), working full time for the "Firm", doing investitures and being an ambassador of HM, The Queen overseas at times. Harry also has married and started his own family, has initiated some wonderful projects and also has gone to work full time for the "Firm". Harry and Meghan seems to be going to focus on the Commonwealth.

I never believed that the "fab four" was going to be an ongoing thing with these four people. They can do and accomplish so much more and cover far more bases by diverging their paths. Its no indication of a feud or a split between the brothers but its more covering more area and more ground and helping more people this way.

As William and Harry matured and came into their own, so are their roles and responsibilities. The Foundation was a great idea back in 2009 but isn't working so well for them now in 2019. Change was inevitable.
I hear your point about diverging roles going forward, but what is upsetting is that this is clearly being driven by a relationship between the 4 that is not what it used to be. If it was always intended to split the Foundation, it would have been announced so at the time of Harry's wedding. Meghan would not have joined this Foundation. It is clear to me that the driver of the split of the Foundation at this stage is the relationship, and the diverging roles are just the "cover".
  #420  
Old 05-31-2019, 06:08 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,205
We'll probably never know the reality of a change in relationships between the Cambridges and the Sussexes. These four people are too professional in their public roles that they'll not air any dirty laundry, themselves, in public. Just as there's supposedly bad feelings between Charles and Andrew but they've never expressed them outright in public.

Even if William and Harry see things differently now than they did before, its not an unusual occurrence. Adults form relationships and move in different circles and have different ideas on how to do things and they don't seem to be as close as they were with siblings or friends from the earlier days. I think its natural and have seen it happen many times in my own life and relationships.
__________________

__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 408 11-12-2019 08:09 PM
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1136 12-04-2018 06:00 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cypher cyprus danish history danish royalty denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch royal family family search felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city future genealogy general news germany greece hamdan bin mohammed hill house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha jerusalem king salman letter lithuanian castles meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism mountbatten netflix nobel 2019 norway history official visit palaces prince harry prince of wales princess margaret royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia south africa spain spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts trump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×