The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure where discussion of the Endeavour Awards would go. I have checked diligently, but I can't find a separate thread. So, here is a recent story explaining why Meghan and Harry were running late arriving at the ceremony:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...eaking-reason/

I love how real, down-to-earth, caring and present Harry and Meghan are in all that they do.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 1st March:
The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

Old 03-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Majesty

Harry is believed to be attending a conference in Berlin investigating tourism and sustainability on behalf of the Royal Foundation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 03-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Sussex was seen arriving at the back door of a hotel in Berlin, Germany:

** Pic ** Video **

** express: Prince Harry in SECRET visit to Berlin: Harry seen without Meghan Markle at German hotel **
Old 03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Harry attended the @ITB_Berlin Conference today, as part of a sustainability and tourism project he is currently exploring through the #RoyalFoundation.

He's already back in the U.K. according to most.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 7th March:
The Duke of Sussex, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, today attended a series of Meetings at the ITB Berlin Convention, CityCube Berlin, Messedamm 26, Berlin, Germany.

Court Circular 8th March:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this morning received Ms Lorraine Heggessey (Chief Executive).
Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 13th March:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this morning held a Trustees’ Meeting.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Sussex attended the Veteran's Mental Health Conference at King's College in London today, March 14:

** dailymail article ** rex gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duke Of Sussex Attends Veteran's Mental Health Conference **

Old 03-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is only in relation to their royal duties and engagements though. The Cambridges and Sussexes will still continue to work with each other and share staff and movers and shakers with their Royal Foundation.

It amazes me just how much more this "fab four" has taken on relatively recently together, as separate couples and individually. All of them are really sinking their teeth into what they do and I expect more and more to be added as we go into the future.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is only in relation to their royal duties and engagements though. The Cambridges and Sussexes will still continue to work with each other and share staff and movers and shakers with their Royal Foundation.

It amazes me just how much more this "fab four" has taken on relatively recently together, as separate couples and individually. All of them are really sinking their teeth into what they do and I expect more and more to be added as we go into the future.
That's a good point. From the 'royal roles' this move was to be expected but as long as they share a Royal Foundation (do all of you think they will do so going forward?), they have both separate and shared entities. Hope all relevant staff members will continue to work closely together.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

In regards to the Royal Foundation they seem to have found a middle ground, it shares all of their names but they don't all turn up for meetings etc just those that meet their particular focus and they share board meetings etc.
In reality, the clock is ticking down for the Foundation as I suspect when Cambridge's become Wales' things will change.
They will continue to have some shared appearances etc as they are both sons/in-laws of Charles just as Anne Edward and Andrew appear together with HM sometimes as her children.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
That's a good point. From the 'royal roles' this move was to be expected but as long as they share a Royal Foundation (do all of you think they will do so going forward?), they have both separate and shared entities. Hope all relevant staff members will continue to work closely together.
As far as the Foundation goes, I think they will for quite a ways into the future. With the Foundation itself having a chairman and a management board, each incentive (such as the Invictus Games) have their own separate chairpersons and boards that run things from day to day. Its a huge umbrella over a lot of things that the "fab four" are patrons of individually and as a team and make up the capstone of that particular pyramid.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

They should split it. Harry and Meghan should take their initiatives with them and it’s a fresh start for all.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

The only work of the royal foundation that is really a group project is Minds Together. Well and both brothers were working with conservation. The foundation might be a blanket umbrella but really they are separated anyways. It made sense when they were sharing the same household, for them to continue with the foundation as a foursome. But I think as the households grow apart, we will see the same with the foundation. When William and Kate are Prince and princess of Wales, they will have a very different path.

Things like Invictus are Harry's project anyways. The Foundation doesn't need to be sustained for the work to continue.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:33 AM
Royal Highness

As far as the Cambridges' & Sussexes' shared responsibilities and individual projects with the Royal Foundation and their separate patronages, the working relationships and dedication to beneficial outcomes is all about addition, not subtraction.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:41 PM
Nobility

In order to pave the way for an eventual change in the royals involved in the foundation (for example if the Cambridges depart the project to focus on the Princes Trust in future), could the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex be simply renamed the Royal Foundation?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Now why didn't I think of that? It just seems so logical so to speak.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:51 AM
Majesty

According to The Telegraph, Jason Knauf, Special Advisor to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is to begin reviewing the “charitable structures that underpin” the work of the two couples, in changes that may include the dismantling of their umbrella organisation currently called the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:04 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this morning received Sir Keith Mills (chairman).

Court Circular || 27 March 2019
Old 04-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I just noticed that the new bio on KP's twitter says, "The official account of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Royal Foundation." The bio on the Sussex Instagram account makes no mention of the Royal Foundation, so it appears the stories about the foundation being split up are true. Wonder when they will officially announce it?

It will be interesting to see how they go about restructuring everything.