The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Glad I'm not the only one slightly confused by that cypher!

I'm probably the only one interested in all this, partly because my job includes assessment of financials.
nope - I was geeky enough to read all of that as well. Its a very interesting and clean structure. As for the staff being underwrote by private donation... wouldnt surprise me if it was William and Harry themselves to keep the foundation squeaky clean of admin costs.

I noticed how lacking the conservation portion was on the website - so interesting that there in a new initative to be announced. I wonder if contributions to Tusk will fall into that category. gets a bit tricky with the patronages and the other foundations (i.e. Sentenbale).

But I do think they have a cohesive message on where they plan to focus their efforts and resources.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
Like Excalibur, I first thought it could be a combination of the three Royals' initials, but now I think you got it right, EIIR, it does seem to be a lower case r and f, though not easily recognazible at first glance. Pity that there's no info on the cypher in the website.
I just sent the foundation an email and asked them about the logo. We will see if we get an answer.

They chose wonderful photos for the web pages!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's for Royal Foundation which is what it'll be known by eventually.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I just sent the foundation an email and asked them about the logo. We will see if we get an answer.

They chose wonderful photos for the web pages!
The reply came from the Royal Foundation early this AM. They explained that the name change reflected The Duchess of Cambridge's role as patron. Emmy, from the foundation explained the Duke, Duchess and Prince are "equally involved" in the endeavor.

Furthermore, Emmy of the foundation wrote, "The brand is based on a lower case ‘r’ and ‘f’ to represent the initials of the Royal Foundation with the coronet that is usually seen above TRH’s ciphers, to bring a mixture of both contemporary and traditional elements in the design."

They hope we enjoy visiting the site.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Wow, thanks for that AdmirerUS.
A very swift response indeed.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The reply came from the Royal Foundation early this AM. They explained that the name change reflected The Duchess of Cambridge's role as patron. Emmy, from the foundation explained the Duke, Duchess and Prince are "equally involved" in the endeavor.

Furthermore, Emmy of the foundation wrote, "The brand is based on a lower case ‘r’ and ‘f’ to represent the initials of the Royal Foundation with the coronet that is usually seen above TRH’s ciphers, to bring a mixture of both contemporary and traditional elements in the design."

They hope we enjoy visiting the site.
Thank you, AdmirerUS, for contacting the Foundation to ask the question. Good on you for getting it straight from the horse's mouth as we say.

That has to be the first time in history that I've actually read a cipher correctly.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Thank you, AdmirerUS, for contacting the Foundation to ask the question. Good on you for getting it straight from the horse's mouth as we say.

That has to be the first time in history that I've actually read a cipher correctly.

I dont know how you saw it - but you did. Congrats
Old 07-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I dont know how you saw it - but you did. Congrats
You seem almost as surprised as me, Michelle! I think I'll retire from reading ciphers now; quit while I'm ahead.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

I felt as if I was reading one of those hidden images (or an ultrasound) .. I can see the 'r'... just cant see the 'f'

in the immortal words of Rachel Green: I can't see it!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

William, Kate and Harry will be attending an event tomorrow at Bacon’s College.

Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
William, Kate and Harry will attend a sports-themed event at Bacon’s College, London, tomorrow to launch the Coach Core programme.
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Coach Core is a joint project between the Royal Foundation and the Greenhouse charity to train 16-19 year olds to be sports coaches.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Do we know roughly what time the event starts?
Its nice to see Harry along with them at some events.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I haven't been able to pin down a time yet, but it looks like it will be in the morning - so before they welcome the Olympic Torch to Buckingham Palace.

ETA: Just read that the event starts at 11:30.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I haven't been able to pin down a time yet, but it looks like it will be in the morning - so before they welcome the Olympic Torch to Buckingham Palace.

ETA: Just read that the event starts at 11:30.

Perfect! the event will be in the morning!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Courtier

But I must confess I have Olympic fever
Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Perfect! the event will be in the morning!
And the torch arrives 6:35pm BST at BP

Can someone tell me where should I do my updates tonight on here or the Olympics thread? For time conversions purposes the first event is at 3:30am PST/ 6:30am EST and the second is 1:35pm EDT/10:35am PDT)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's an Olympic event so I guess in the Olympic thread, when the Queen met the torch the pictures went to that thread I believe. :)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's an Olympic event so I guess in the Olympic thread, when the Queen met the torch the pictures went to that thread I believe. :)
Ok great thanks! Should I do that with both events or just the torch's arrival?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Courtier

British Royals@britishroyals
Seems like the royals will take on a specialty sport: William with football,Kate with table tennis & judo, Harry with basketball
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Courtier

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry today become Patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ Philanthropic Initiatives

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
It's the second joint patronage for William, Kate and Harry after their charitable foundation and will be a huge fundraiser for good causes
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to become patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ philanthropic initiatives: Press Release-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to become patrons of 100 Women in Hedge Funds

"Founded in 2001, 100WHF offers its members unique educational, professional and philanthropic opportunities, and will focus its UK philanthropy on three specially chosen charities, one for each year of the partnership.
The charities, Action on Addiction in 2013; WellChild in 2014; and The Art Room in 2015, are part of The Charities Forum of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, and reflect 100WHF’s three philanthropic themes: mentoring, women’s and family health, and education."