The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 19th December:
Prince Henry of Wales, Founder Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, this morning received Sergeant L. Spencer ahead of his unsupported solo row across the Atlantic in aid of the Endeavour Fund.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 17th January:
Prince Henry of Wales, Founder Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, this morning received Mr. Dean Stott (Endeavour Fund recipient) ahead of his solo cycle Pan American Highway Challenge in aid of Heads Together.

His Royal Highness this afternoon joined the Endeavour Fund Awards Ceremony Judging Panel at Kensington Palace.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will take part in the first annual Royal Foundation Forum on Wednesday 28th February.

Under the theme ‘Making a Difference Together,’ the event will showcase the programmes run or initiated by The Royal Foundation, including @heads_together, @WeAreInvictus and @united4wildlife.

TRH and Ms. Markle will appear on stage together to discuss why The Royal Foundation was set up, the projects they are currently working on, and their ambitions for the future.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter
Old 02-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

Wow! Wasn't expecting a joint engagement this soon. It should be interesting.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Majesty

This should indeed be very interesting. The first of some joint engagements in the future I guess, and discussions about where the Royal Foundation is headed. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 02-22-2018, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

An excellent opportunity for Meghan to meet with those groups that are involved with the Royal Foundation.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s great news that we’ll see the #RoyalFabFour working together on the Royal Foundation!

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is going to be a wonderful engagement for the four of them to do. It shows that Meghan is not going to just dip her toes into the Foundation bit by bit but is diving in the deep end and getting involved as much as she can with gusto and willingness to do her part.

I had to laugh at the appelation of #RoyalFabFour. The Fab Four remind me too much of The Beatles and the British Invasion of the 60s.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is going to be a wonderful engagement for the four of them to do. It shows that Meghan is not going to just dip her toes into the Foundation bit by bit but is diving in the deep end and getting involved as much as she can with gusto and willingness to do her part.

I had to laugh at the appelation of #RoyalFabFour. The Fab Four remind me too much of The Beatles and the British Invasion of the 60s.
Lol, I know. I like it though. The four of them are new faces of the royal family, so I just came up with that hashtag #RoyalFabFour.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tomorrow is the Royal Foundation Forum where the Cambridges along with Harry/Meghan will be talking about why it was set up, the projects they are working on and their long range goals.

LaRae
Old 02-27-2018, 07:08 PM
Royal Highness

The engagement tomorrow will not address the serious issues initially. The press will make it a fashion off: Kate's bespoke coats vs. Meghan's layered neutrals. I think both are suppose to give a speech and their communication skills will be contrasted and compared.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Here are some first photos of the first annual Royal Foundation Forum held at Aviva today:

** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio: First Annual Royal Foundation Forum ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: 'We're particularly happy to be at our first royal foundation event with Meghan': Prince William welcomes Harry's fiancé..**
Old 02-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and Miss Meghan Markle at The Royal Foundation Forum-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...ement?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-28-2018, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought they all did very well. My only nitpick was I wish Kate spoke up more. It was hard to hear her. Other than that? I enjoy their rapport with each other. They are all clearly passionate. Nice to see Meghan look so comfortable and Harry was beaming watching her. A lot of support on that stage between the the four of them and I think they will be a great team and will try to get a lot done.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Majesty

i feel disappointed that kate didn't seem to get any airtime. i couldn't find a full video of the whole appearance, but none of the clips that surfaced have kate speaking up.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

The video is up thread. Kate spoke quite a bit though it was hard to heard her a lot of the time. She gave a speech and answered many questions. I felt it was pretty even between them.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Notice the banner behind them of the stage...The Royal Foundation: Making A Difference Together. I think the name will be shortened to just The Royal Foundation. It sounds better than trying to include both couples titles in the name.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

And really sweet how William lauded Catherine for coming up with the Heads Together campaign (after the brothers apparently came up with the idea to do something about mental health),
Old 02-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The video is up thread. Kate spoke quite a bit though it was hard to heard her a lot of the time. She gave a speech and answered many questions. I felt it was pretty even between them.
Yes, I too felt that the input was fairly even during the onstage conversation. Kate has a very soft speaking voice and she's not a natural pubic speaker. But she had some very important and significant things to say regarding mental health, addiction and helping families, with a focus on mothers and children. It's apparent that Harry, Kate and William have been doing so much work behind-the-scenes which culminated in Heads Together and putting all of their efforts under the same umbrella of the Royal Foundation, which was Kate's brainchild. William and the very articulate and competent host emphasized Kate's role. Kate seems to be someone who is very modest and softspoken, but also whip smart and savvy. A kind of 'walk softly and carry a big stick' type of person.

Kate also appears to be naturally a bit shy and reticent, but she also displays a sense of fun that sparkles from her eyes and her smile. I'll bet knowing Kate and having her as an intimate friend out of the public eye is a wonderful thing. There's obviously a lot of depth, caring and heartfelt kindness in Kate. Her personality and her speaking voice are just more understated than Meghan's. Plus the fact that Kate will one day be Queen and she's had to undergo a lot of training that probably made her be more cautious in public settings than she might normally be, since she's conscious of her role and not wanting to put a foot wrong.

Meghan with her acting background and a great deal of experience being in the public eye from an early age obviously exhibits a bit more ease in these settings in terms of public speaking. On the other hand, Meghan is new to royal protocol and to the unrelenting spotlight of being in the royal family, so Harry, William and Kate have surely helped to encourage her and to give her advice. She seems to fit right in. Being the same age and both marrying into royalty from more commonplace regular backgrounds, I think both Kate and Meghan are able to help each other, sharing notes and offering support to each other behind-the-scenes. They are probably bonding quite well together. Kate has seemed to be much more relaxed and happy and making less conservative style choices during her recent engagements. She seems to be enjoying her third pregnancy, and she looks gorgeous.

Harry and Meghan just naturally seem to have more outgoing and animated personalities than Kate and William. But they all seem to get along quite well. And I got the distinct impression that Kate and William have personalities that balance and suit each other, just as Meghan and Harry have personalities and interests that enhance each other. There is that thing though of making sure not to step on each other's toes. Respect for Kate/William's stature as future King and Queen is a delicate balance in a public setting. They all did a good job of acknowledging and crediting each other and making a public statement of how well they will be working together as a team. It did seem as though the host had intended for Kate to have the final word, when Meghan spontaneously had more to say in support of Kate's last comments, as the stage discussion ended.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:26 PM
Majesty

At one point Meghan talked over Catherine which is not only rude in general but a definite royal no-no in terms of protocol.

Something she needs to learn as she goes along.

Closed Thread