The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1261  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:20 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I believe the Cambridge’s will be at the State Banquet.
And we do hope the Duchess is wearing an RFO and a sash on the said eve.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1262  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Parrothead's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
And we do hope the Duchess is wearing an RFO and a sash on the said eve.


There is not a sash that goes with the RFO (if she has yet received it). She would only get a sash from a foreign order or is she was given an order from QEII.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1263  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
And we do hope the Duchess is wearing an RFO and a sash on the said eve.
Hopefully with the family order. It’s been a long time and lots of work achieved in her seniority. You’ll only see her in a sash if she’s been appointed by Her Majesty to a Knighthood or she receives a foreign order. So we’ll see.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1264  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Hopefully with the family order. It’s been a long time and lots of work achieved in her seniority. You’ll only see her in a sash if she’s been appointed by Her Majesty to a Knighthood or she receives a foreign order. So we’ll see.

Forgive me being ironic, but I think it is rather more likely for Catherine to be installed a dame of a dutch order than to receive the RFO...
The Queen hasn´t really altered her policy concerning giving orders to female members. The late Princess of Wales never received an order from her homecountry (except the Family Order, of course), and the dutch one was the only one from a foreign country although she attended dozens of state visits... In comparision, the Dss of Cornwall relatively received pretty soon the RFO as well as the the Royal Victorian Order.
Reply With Quote
  #1265  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Forgive me being ironic, but I think it is rather more likely for Catherine to be installed a dame of a dutch order than to receive the RFO...
The Queen hasn´t really altered her policy concerning giving orders to female members. The late Princess of Wales never received an order from her homecountry (except the Family Order, of course), and the dutch one was the only one from a foreign country although she attended dozens of state visits... In comparision, the Dss of Cornwall relatively received pretty soon the RFO as well as the the Royal Victorian Order.
Di had two foreign orders; Dutch and Egyptian. The family order was given in 82. I think the use of ivory in the family order is a problem now for Catherine. I hope this is fixed. Hopefully all the senior royal ladies get a Dutch order out of this State Visit.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1266  
Old 10-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Di had two foreign orders; Dutch and Egyptian. The family order was given in 82. I think the use of ivory in the family order is a problem now for Catherine. I hope this is fixed. Hopefully all the senior royal ladies get a Dutch order out of this State Visit.
In 1982 at the last Dutch State Visit, we saw:

The Queen (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
Queen Beatrix (Royal Victorian Chain + Royal Victorian Order)
Prince Claus (Royal Victorian Order)
Queen Elizabeth (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Prince of Wales (Orde van Oranje-Nassau + Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess of Wales (Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess Royal (Orde van Oranje-Nassau)
The Princess Margaret (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)

Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone sadly died a year earlier.
She had Dutch Orders as well.
Reply With Quote
  #1267  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:29 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In 1982 at the last Dutch State Visit, we saw:

The Queen (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
Queen Beatrix (Royal Victorian Chain + Royal Victorian Order)
Prince Claus (Royal Victorian Order)
Queen Elizabeth (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)
The Prince of Wales (Orde van Oranje-Nassau + Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess of Wales (Huisorde van Oranje)
The Princess Royal (Orde van Oranje-Nassau)
The Princess Margaret (Orde in de Nederlandsche Leeuw)

Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone sadly died a year earlier.
She had Dutch Orders as well.
Right, so I hope Camilla, William and Catherine, Edward and Sophie, will be given orders on this visit. It’s just extra special when the UK receives an incoming royal State Visit. The second one in many years.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1268  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,721
I’m going to guess and say W-A will actually receive the Garter on this visit. I have a hunch HM will want the new Dutch king to have it.

I know Beatrix didn’t get it right away but I think it’ll be different this time.
Reply With Quote
  #1269  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:35 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
There is not a sash that goes with the RFO (if she has yet received it). She would only get a sash from a foreign order or is she was given an order from QEII.
Yes, I am aware that the RFO dies not come either a sash, but I was referring to the sash of a Dutch order.
Reply With Quote
  #1270  
Old 10-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Right, so I hope Camilla, William and Catherine, Edward and Sophie, will be given orders on this visit. It’s just extra special when the UK receives an incoming royal State Visit. The second one in many years.
Why are you hoping/expecting William and Catherine to receive a Dutch order? They are only reported to be attending the state banquet and that isn’t normally a reason to get an order. If that was the requirement then the entire BRF would be laden with foreign orders.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #1271  
Old 10-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Why are you hoping/expecting William and Catherine to receive a Dutch order? They are only reported to be attending the state banquet and that isn’t normally a reason to get an order. If that was the requirement then the entire BRF would be laden with foreign orders.
It would be nice if they received a Dutch order. They are senior royals after all.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1272  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:55 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It would be nice if they received a Dutch order. They are senior royals after all.
It would be nice to see Catherine with the RFO as well.
Reply With Quote
  #1273  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:57 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be nice to see Catherine with the RFO as well.
I agree. Would be very nice and appropriate.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1274  
Old 10-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree. Would be very nice and appropriate.

Indeed. But to be honest, I skipped all hope on that meanwhile...
Reply With Quote
  #1275  
Old 10-23-2018, 05:21 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Indeed. But to be honest, I skipped all hope on that meanwhile...
I know what you mean. I hold on to hope, even though it’s dashed year after year.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1276  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 20,057
Catherine has been given an RFO:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqN5xjuWsAM3Mw6.jpg
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #1277  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:48 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine has been given an RFO:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqN5xjuWsAM3Mw6.jpg
Many congratulations...... to @Dman!
Reply With Quote
  #1278  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Nico's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Many congratulations...... to @Dman!
But wait ! Can we say now that she's betraying William's convictions by wearing ivory ?
Reply With Quote
  #1279  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
But wait ! Can we say now that she's betraying William's convictions by wearing ivory ?
Specially made of glass, not ivory. Just for Catherine.
Reply With Quote
  #1280  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:00 PM
monica_'s Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Posts: 29
The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing the family order for the second time. It’s first outing was at the Diplomatic Corps reception in December. #NetherlandsStateVisit

Unlike other examples of the family order, the Duchess of Cambridge’s is made of glass rather than ivory.

via MajestyMagazine Twitter
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
orders and decorations, protocol, royal family order


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
administrator archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian castles christian ix countess of wessex crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex family search foundation french royalty friendly city future germany greece harry head of the house henry v jack brooksbank jerusalem kiko king king philippe lithuanian castles meghan markle memoir monaco royal monarchist monarchy monogram official visit pakistan palaces patronages potential areas prince aymeric prince charles prince harry prince nicholas princess anne princess claire princess margaret queen mathilde rania of jordan relationship royal royal children royal tour russian imperial family savoy saxony shakespeare sharjah south africa spanish history state visit sweden trump usa valois viscount severn



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises