The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Both William and Harry are part time royals, but they have received knighthoods. Princess Anne had a career as an equestrian, but she too received the family order before becoming a full time royal. It's not about being a part time royal. Catherine is in the position to have it.
The big difference is that they are all born royals. I guess HM is a bit more selective with the in Laws.
In a way i agree that Kate should have it : she needs some encouragement.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Possible then they are making a new one for her sans ivory?

LaRae
I don't know. We don't even know if ivory is the issue, but it's possible.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't know. We don't even know if ivory is the issue, but it's possible.
Right...that's just assuming this is an issue.

LaRae
Old 05-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Just reminds me of when William asked his mom to not get involved in anti-fox hunting agendas. Perhaps he spoke to the Queen and asked for a non-ivory option.

LaRae
Old 05-16-2016, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

But as i understand it after reading this thread, it's also possible that Catherine has already received this order and we just haven't seen her wear it yet?
Old 05-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
But as i understand it after reading this thread, it's also possible that Catherine has already received this order and we just haven't seen her wear it yet?
It's possible that she received it this year. We won't know if she have it until she attends the next State Visit coming up and the Diplomatic Corps reception in Dec. She will wear it if she got it. It's required during evening State events.

We would already know if the royals still attended operas and galas in tiaras and orders like they did back in the day. Also, the orders used to be worn at official receptions and dinners on foreign royal tours.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Right...that's just assuming this is an issue.

LaRae
The doorknobs in the inside of the State Carriages may be ivory. Huuuuuuu.... Will Catherine now boycott the State Opening of Parliament because of this? Take the Bentley or Rolls. Wait a moment? What does my eye see? Is that ivory in that fabulous craftmanshiplike finest fineered mahoganny with inlays as inside panelling? We will take a bicycle! With other words:u if ivory is the painpoint, good heavens... where to begin? The palaces are studded with ivory. From the piano keys to the billiard balls. From the royal fans to the jewelry cassettes...
Old 05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The doorknobs in the inside of the State Carriages may be ivory. Huuuuuuu.... Will Catherine now boycott the State Opening of Parliament because of this? Take the Bentley or Rolls. Wait a moment? What does my eye see? Is that ivory in that fabulous craftmanshiplike finest fineered mahoganny with inlays as inside panelling? We will take a bicycle! With other words:u if ivory is the painpoint, good heavens... where to begin? The palaces are studded with ivory. From the piano keys to the billiard balls. From the royal fans to the jewelry cassettes...
Have you read the whole thread?

The objection does not come from me, I'm just commenting from that point. Someone raised the issue of William being against all the ivory and that perhaps this is why the order (if given) has not been seen.

LaRae
Old 11-05-2016, 10:00 AM

Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy, has adopted the habit of wearing her RFOs on her right shoulder. Normally the RFOs are worn on the left shoulder. Have we any suggestions why HRH has decided to swap her orders to the other shoulder?

I'm at a complete loss as to why she has started to do this!

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.co....lcome.html?m=1

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy, has adopted the habit of wearing her RFOs on her right shoulder. Normally the RFOs are worn on the left shoulder. Have we any suggestions why HRH has decided to swap her orders to the other shoulder?

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: State Visit from Colombia, Welcome Ceremony and State Banquet

I guess she decided to change up things a bit.

The Queen isn't wearing any of hers.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe because that's where the space was on the dress. The right side is occupied with the Garter Sash so instead of putting the 2 orders on top of the sash, she moved them to the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: State Visit from Colombia, Welcome Ceremony and State Banquet

It might be to accommodate the ribband of the order of the garter?
Old 11-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Maybe because that's where the space was on the dress. The right side is occupied with the Garter Sash so instead of putting the 2 orders on top of the sash, she moved them to the other side.

Seems the most obvious reason to me. The two Kent ladies: picture.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice shots and up close.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The woman on the left is the Duchess of Gloucester.Not a Kent.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Seems the most obvious reason to me. The two Kent ladies: picture.

Yes I did wonder that too, but normally The Queen wears hers on top of her Garter sash. It's just been a recent change (I think the Chinese state banquet last year was the first time I've seen this).

God Save The Queen!

Tags
orders and decorations, protocol, royal family order