The Royal Family and the Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tweet shows the hypocrisy of the DM:
From Kevin: Mail on Sunday putting Liz Jones’ latest attack on Meghan Markle next to a piece condemning “cruel trolls” who “spew bile” at her is comedy gold

Also, the DM has just given some of these people a huge boost in publicity. I'm sure their social media platforms are getting a lot of hits now. So they're not going to stop. Why now when they have hundreds, possibly thousands, more people visiting and probably agreeing with them.

I'm not going to link the article, by the DM have taken a big step this morning by naming trolls who have actively targeted Meghan on social media. Some of the comments are truly disgusting, it's a bit step by the DM and it's a good one.

The Telegraph wrote an article about the hate group too.

The hypocrisy of the Fail is more than enough proof that they'll do an about face on the surface of a pin head to attract readers and clicks. They have the trolls already. Now they're aiming for troll trolls.

I've always said the Fail is only good for a bird cage liner and they're proving that point for me. :D

I know I may get fleck for this:
I personally find the DM exposure of them troubling. Whatever their comments and opinions may be, these people still have families and loved ones, some may be suffering from mental illness, or maybe their lives just suck and they are jealous and venting out and so that drive them to this behavior, perhaps it is a mere phase.. and maybe some are just racist PoS; either way, unlike Meghan they do not have personal bodyguards. It’s enough that one of Meghan more fanatic fans decides to go after these people and try to harm them, or they will end up harming themselves because of this exposure, neither is unheard of (there’s been enough comments, such as those wishing the death of the Cambridge’s, from those who worship Meghan that makes one worry for their mental health too).

I highly doubt any of these people comments will ever ruin or touch Meghan’s life in any way, but this article can destroy their lives... bullies and trolls are not to be tolerated, but many of them are not necessarily bad people, simply troubled who need help.

My view is this: yes deal with those who make the truly horrible comments (via the acceptable and legal ways), that is a better way than exposing them to the world, nothing will be gained from that.
Honestly, what the DM just did is IMO just as despicable as what the minority fringe from either side (the haters and the fanatics) writes.

It is worrisome to be honest, in so many ways.

Last edited:
Honestly, what the DM just did is IMO just as despicable as what the minority fringe from either side (the haters and the fanatics) writes.

I had a very similar thought when initially looking at the article. It’s tit for tat. But unfortunately it’s the way of social media that the information the DM has acquired can be acquired by anyone. They have contacted the people they’ve highlighted in the article because some have given comments.

Apparently KP has started blocking some of those accounts. What I will say is, I can understood spending a lot of time online talking about things and people you like, but who in their right mind spends so much time on someone they don’t?

And I had to laugh at one of them claiming exposing her will get trolls to come after them. So it’s ok for her to be a troll, but not be trolled? :lol: Cry me a river.

I know I may get fleck for this:
I personally find the DM exposure of them troubling. .. bullies and trolls are not to be tolerated, but many of them are not necessarily bad people, simply troubled who need help....Honestly, what the DM just did is IMO just as despicable as what the minority fringe from either side (the haters and the fanatics) writes...It is worrisome to be honest, in so many ways.

No flack, but there is more to this, IMO.
First, the DM will do anything for clicks and this is yet another example. Gaak.
Second, I know lots of troubled people. Almost all understand that good manners have value. In fact, they want others to show them good manners in interactions. Sadly, trolls have decided they need not be good mannered in their online comments. And these same people will behave far better to others LIVE than they will online. Because there are consequences to being a jerk in public. If they are un "troubled" enough to get that, they can do the same online.
I may understand that trolls get a rush out of their manipulation of others. I just, frankly have never thought lust for power to be a mental illness. For most people that do it, power plays are their choice. We as a society need to stop choosing these silly online grabs at power.
I'm not unempathetic for people who are jerks online to get attention. I just think they choose how they expend their energy and they reap what they sow. Maybe they should all put down their phones and volunteer somewhere for a move valuable kind of attention and interaction.
JMO.

Btw, let’s NOT blame terrible behavior on mental illness. It’s things like this that adds to the stigma of mental illness. It’s not a replacement for terrible people doing terrible things. Truth is all statistics have shown people with mental illness are far more likely to be victims rather than perpetrators.

Yet more proof that the DM is despicable. Their business model plays to the absolute lowest in the human psyche: envy, greed, hatred, racism, resentment, etc. And then when they have all that negativity adequately stirred up, they use the people who thought they had a safe place to express all that nastiness for yet another story. What the DM is doing is repulsive; on the other hand, it's a timely reminder that nothing is private or anonymous on the internet, and you can be held accountable for what you say, as numerous people on Facebook and various forums have found out. And in a larger sense, I'm fine with that accountability, although I'm not fine with even the most obnoxious commenter being doxxed to add to the DM's bottom line.

Any comments about Meghan’s race or inciting people to violence are not acceptable at all, everything else no matter what is said is free speech.

One person’s troll is another’s fair comment.

When I first joined TRFs, I used to ask a lot of the same questions, why do people who hate certain royals always comment on them? I was told it’s not a fan site and if people want to criticise a certain royal and her family, it’s fair game. Those people are still active members.

Now it seems anything negative against Meghan is ‘trolling’. It’s the same with Meghan and charges of racism.

Somewhere Camilla and Kate must be shaking their heads.

Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 2: December 2018 -

Any comments about Meghan’s race or inciting people to violence are not acceptable at all, everything else no matter what is said is free speech.

One person’s troll is another’s fair comment.

When I first joined TRFs, I used to ask a lot of the same questions, why do people who hate certain royals always comment on them? I was told it’s not a fan site and if people want to criticise a certain royal and her family, it’s fair game. Those people are still active members.

Now it seems anything negative against Meghan is ‘trolling’. It’s the same with Meghan and charges of racism.

Somewhere Camilla and Kate must be shaking their heads.

Free speech doesn’t mean what you think it means. It doesn’t give you the right to say whatever you like without repercussions. It means the US government can’t prosecute you. But you can loose your job for instance. And that type of free speech doesn’t exist in Europe. Here, in a lot of places, online bullying is illegal. Especially when it’s threatening or harassment.

And Meghan is not the only victim here. Kate is as well. This is more than criticism, it’s bullying and it can and has ruined lives. It needs to stop.

https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.o...ullying/cyberbullying-0/cyberbullying-and-law

I highly doubt any of these people comments will ever ruin or touch Meghan’s life in any way, but this article can destroy their lives... bullies and trolls are not to be tolerated, but many of them are not necessarily bad people, simply troubled who need help.
Bullies and trolls are dangerous people and it is scientifically proven they are narcissists, psychopaths and sadists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

If the worst criticism that can be quoted is that she is the kind of person who is friends with her stylist, that's pretty funny. Like there's something wrong with being friends with your stylist! Shocking, shocking news.

The insinuation being that she is so guarded and controlling, that she cant make real friends. And that she has to count an employee as a friend. Ignoring of course the fact Jessica is not her employee, and was a friend first. She just helps Meghan as that is the industry she works in.

Similar to what happened with Kate. The insinuation was not that she couldn't make friends, but that she dumped them all for a man. And that Pippa was the only 'friend' she hadn't ditched.

Bullies and trolls are dangerous people and it is scientifically proven they are narcissists, psychopaths and sadists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

No one is claiming that trolls and bullies do not ruin lives.. as I pointed out: I suffered through severe bullying growing up, it most certainly left a mark on me.
However, in order to be affected by the bullying one has to come in contact with their bully, either physical or via the internet. Since Meghan herself claimed she does not read articles or comments about herself and she ignored the negative connebts she is therefore not really exposed to the trolls and so these are unlikely to affect her in the way bullying usually affects people.
She is likely aware she is not universally loved by everyone (whatever a person reason may be), but it is easier to not be affected by those opinions (or negativity) when you ignore their existence.

Meghan might not read the online Twitter and Tumblr rubbish herself (including her 'sleeping with men for money for drugs, being married at least twice before and having being a stripper, not being really pregnant, false belly, having had abortions, and much much worse since 2016.)
However it is said that Harry reads what is said online, so I would say she is aware of this online war since 2016 and that includes wishing her dead or having a miscarriage. And I have read that she has mentioned to friends that she knows that the British Press (ie Tabloids) are 'out to get her' so I'd say Meghan is cognisant of everything going on, actually.

The insinuation being that she is so guarded and controlling, that she cant make real friends. And that she has to count an employee as a friend. Ignoring of course the fact Jessica is not her employee, and was a friend first. She just helps Meghan as that is the industry she works in.

Similar to what happened with Kate. The insinuation was not that she couldn't make friends, but that she dumped them all for a man. And that Pippa was the only 'friend' she hadn't ditched.

I understand what is being implied, I just think it's a pathetic attempt to make something that is innocuous sound sinister or like something that's a character flaw. As I said, if that's the worst comment they could find to quote, they need a class in remedial muckraking.

That doesn't even come close to being the worst said about Meghan. See the post above.

However, in order to be affected by the bullying one has to come in contact with their bully, either physical or via the internet. Since Meghan herself claimed she does not read articles or comments about herself and she ignored the negative connebts she is therefore not really exposed to the trolls and so these are unlikely to affect her in the way bullying usually affects people.
She is likely aware she is not universally loved by everyone (whatever a person reason may be), but it is easier to not be affected by those opinions (or negativity) when you ignore their existence.
The hate is so intense that its contents are spilling into the proper media. Surly she has a right to use and enjoy decent media, especially she is already living a life of prisoner. People around her also read this stuff - do they have to whisper behind her back?
Trolls create an atmosphere of hate and that alone is very, very dangerous because some of them are encouraging weirdos to commit a crime.

Meghan might not read the online Twitter and Tumblr rubbish herself (including her 'sleeping with men for money for drugs, being married at least twice before and having being a stripper, not being really pregnant, false belly, having had abortions, and much much worse since 2016.)
However it is said that Harry reads what is said online, so I would say she is aware of this online war since 2016 and that includes wishing her dead or having a miscarriage. And I have read that she has mentioned to friends that she knows that the British Press (ie Tabloids) are 'out to get her' so I'd say Meghan is cognisant of everything going on, actually.
Harry reads it, so he is affected. If Harry is affected so is she. She doesn't live in a vacuum

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Harry and Meghan read any of it...that's what their PR people etc handle.

I had to roll my eyes at ANY of these tabloid papers acting like they are trying to help resolve the problem..HA. They are right there included in with the hateful trolls too!

It's one thing to critique members of the family (to include all of them not just Meghan and Kate) ..I don't like her dress...her shoes are awful...is she supposed to have hose on etc. It's another to make attacks about their person or make false statements about them. Some of the attacks are wishing harm to them or their children etc.

As someone already pointed out in Europe/U.K. the laws are different about what is allowed to be said or not ...or rather the consequences are different than here in the U.S.

LaRae

That doesn't even come close to being the worst said about Meghan. See the post above.

It's the only one I see a quote for, however. A quote implies someone actually said it, as opposed to wild speculation, gossip and innuendo.

the sensible thing for her to do would be not to read about herself in the papers.. or on the Internet... except for work related stuff... and Harry should do the same...

They said (Meghan specifically) during the engagement interview they made a decision to not read it..not the good nor the bad...just shut it out.

LaRae

Freedom of speech is not the freedom of spreading lies.

Last edited:
Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom