The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 02-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,169
Yet more proof that the DM is despicable. Their business model plays to the absolute lowest in the human psyche: envy, greed, hatred, racism, resentment, etc. And then when they have all that negativity adequately stirred up, they use the people who thought they had a safe place to express all that nastiness for yet another story. What the DM is doing is repulsive; on the other hand, it's a timely reminder that nothing is private or anonymous on the internet, and you can be held accountable for what you say, as numerous people on Facebook and various forums have found out. And in a larger sense, I'm fine with that accountability, although I'm not fine with even the most obnoxious commenter being doxxed to add to the DM's bottom line.
__________________

  #882  
Old 02-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
Any comments about Meghanís race or inciting people to violence are not acceptable at all, everything else no matter what is said is free speech.

One personís troll is anotherís fair comment.

When I first joined TRFs, I used to ask a lot of the same questions, why do people who hate certain royals always comment on them? I was told itís not a fan site and if people want to criticise a certain royal and her family, itís fair game. Those people are still active members.

Now it seems anything negative against Meghan is Ďtrollingí. Itís the same with Meghan and charges of racism.

Somewhere Camilla and Kate must be shaking their heads.
__________________

  #883  
Old 02-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,769
Good summary on the Sussex Baby Bump noise-
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mpression=true
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #884  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 690
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 2: December 2018 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Any comments about Meghanís race or inciting people to violence are not acceptable at all, everything else no matter what is said is free speech.



One personís troll is anotherís fair comment.



When I first joined TRFs, I used to ask a lot of the same questions, why do people who hate certain royals always comment on them? I was told itís not a fan site and if people want to criticise a certain royal and her family, itís fair game. Those people are still active members.



Now it seems anything negative against Meghan is Ďtrollingí. Itís the same with Meghan and charges of racism.



Somewhere Camilla and Kate must be shaking their heads.


Free speech doesnít mean what you think it means. It doesnít give you the right to say whatever you like without repercussions. It means the US government canít prosecute you. But you can loose your job for instance. And that type of free speech doesnít exist in Europe. Here, in a lot of places, online bullying is illegal. Especially when itís threatening or harassment.

And Meghan is not the only victim here. Kate is as well. This is more than criticism, itís bullying and it can and has ruined lives. It needs to stop.

https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.or...llying-and-law
  #885  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
Even better!
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...le-tattle-stop
  #886  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Rena M.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Krakůw, Poland
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I highly doubt any of these people comments will ever ruin or touch Meghanís life in any way, but this article can destroy their lives... bullies and trolls are not to be tolerated, but many of them are not necessarily bad people, simply troubled who need help.
Bullies and trolls are dangerous people and it is scientifically proven they are narcissists, psychopaths and sadists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...hs-and-sadists
  #887  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
If the worst criticism that can be quoted is that she is the kind of person who is friends with her stylist, that's pretty funny. Like there's something wrong with being friends with your stylist! Shocking, shocking news.
  #888  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
If the worst criticism that can be quoted is that she is the kind of person who is friends with her stylist, that's pretty funny. Like there's something wrong with being friends with your stylist! Shocking, shocking news.
The insinuation being that she is so guarded and controlling, that she cant make real friends. And that she has to count an employee as a friend. Ignoring of course the fact Jessica is not her employee, and was a friend first. She just helps Meghan as that is the industry she works in.

Similar to what happened with Kate. The insinuation was not that she couldn't make friends, but that she dumped them all for a man. And that Pippa was the only 'friend' she hadn't ditched.
  #889  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena M. View Post
Bullies and trolls are dangerous people and it is scientifically proven they are narcissists, psychopaths and sadists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...hs-and-sadists
No one is claiming that trolls and bullies do not ruin lives.. as I pointed out: I suffered through severe bullying growing up, it most certainly left a mark on me.
However, in order to be affected by the bullying one has to come in contact with their bully, either physical or via the internet. Since Meghan herself claimed she does not read articles or comments about herself and she ignored the negative connebts she is therefore not really exposed to the trolls and so these are unlikely to affect her in the way bullying usually affects people.
She is likely aware she is not universally loved by everyone (whatever a person reason may be), but it is easier to not be affected by those opinions (or negativity) when you ignore their existence.
  #890  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,890
Meghan might not read the online Twitter and Tumblr rubbish herself (including her 'sleeping with men for money for drugs, being married at least twice before and having being a stripper, not being really pregnant, false belly, having had abortions, and much much worse since 2016.)
However it is said that Harry reads what is said online, so I would say she is aware of this online war since 2016 and that includes wishing her dead or having a miscarriage. And I have read that she has mentioned to friends that she knows that the British Press (ie Tabloids) are 'out to get her' so I'd say Meghan is cognisant of everything going on, actually.
  #891  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The insinuation being that she is so guarded and controlling, that she cant make real friends. And that she has to count an employee as a friend. Ignoring of course the fact Jessica is not her employee, and was a friend first. She just helps Meghan as that is the industry she works in.

Similar to what happened with Kate. The insinuation was not that she couldn't make friends, but that she dumped them all for a man. And that Pippa was the only 'friend' she hadn't ditched.
I understand what is being implied, I just think it's a pathetic attempt to make something that is innocuous sound sinister or like something that's a character flaw. As I said, if that's the worst comment they could find to quote, they need a class in remedial muckraking.
  #892  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,890
That doesn't even come close to being the worst said about Meghan. See the post above.
  #893  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Rena M.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Krakůw, Poland
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
However, in order to be affected by the bullying one has to come in contact with their bully, either physical or via the internet. Since Meghan herself claimed she does not read articles or comments about herself and she ignored the negative connebts she is therefore not really exposed to the trolls and so these are unlikely to affect her in the way bullying usually affects people.
She is likely aware she is not universally loved by everyone (whatever a person reason may be), but it is easier to not be affected by those opinions (or negativity) when you ignore their existence.
The hate is so intense that its contents are spilling into the proper media. Surly she has a right to use and enjoy decent media, especially she is already living a life of prisoner. People around her also read this stuff - do they have to whisper behind her back?
Trolls create an atmosphere of hate and that alone is very, very dangerous because some of them are encouraging weirdos to commit a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan might not read the online Twitter and Tumblr rubbish herself (including her 'sleeping with men for money for drugs, being married at least twice before and having being a stripper, not being really pregnant, false belly, having had abortions, and much much worse since 2016.)
However it is said that Harry reads what is said online, so I would say she is aware of this online war since 2016 and that includes wishing her dead or having a miscarriage. And I have read that she has mentioned to friends that she knows that the British Press (ie Tabloids) are 'out to get her' so I'd say Meghan is cognisant of everything going on, actually.
Harry reads it, so he is affected. If Harry is affected so is she. She doesn't live in a vacuum
  #894  
Old 02-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,407
I doubt Harry and Meghan read any of it...that's what their PR people etc handle.

I had to roll my eyes at ANY of these tabloid papers acting like they are trying to help resolve the problem..HA. They are right there included in with the hateful trolls too!

It's one thing to critique members of the family (to include all of them not just Meghan and Kate) ..I don't like her dress...her shoes are awful...is she supposed to have hose on etc. It's another to make attacks about their person or make false statements about them. Some of the attacks are wishing harm to them or their children etc.

As someone already pointed out in Europe/U.K. the laws are different about what is allowed to be said or not ...or rather the consequences are different than here in the U.S.


LaRae
  #895  
Old 02-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That doesn't even come close to being the worst said about Meghan. See the post above.
It's the only one I see a quote for, however. A quote implies someone actually said it, as opposed to wild speculation, gossip and innuendo.
  #896  
Old 02-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,319
the sensible thing for her to do would be not to read about herself in the papers.. or on the Internet... except for work related stuff... and Harry should do the same...
  #897  
Old 02-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,407
They said (Meghan specifically) during the engagement interview they made a decision to not read it..not the good nor the bad...just shut it out.


LaRae
  #898  
Old 02-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Freedom of speech is not the freedom of spreading lies.
  #899  
Old 02-03-2019, 08:13 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,325
Closed for moderator review.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, caricatures, cartoons, fleet street, newspapers, tabloid press


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Madeleine and Chris: Media and Public Opinion LadyFinn Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 743 12-20-2015 09:30 PM
Dutch Royal House Code of Conduct for the Press (Media Code) Silvermj Dutch Royals 41 06-30-2014 06:15 AM




Popular Tags
administrator alqasimi aristocracy armenia belgian royal family castles chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history french revolution genealogy general news germany head of the house henry v house of bernadotte house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha jumma kiko king philippe letter lithuanian castles marriage mbs meghan markle monaco christening monarchist monarchy monogram naples nelson mandela bay norwegian royal family official visit palaces potential areas prince charles prince harry princely family of monaco prince of wales princess benedikte queen mathilde queen paola rania of jordan romanov family rumania shakespeare south korea spanish royal state visit sweden swedish history swedish royal family united kingdom usa windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×