The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yet more proof that the DM is despicable. Their business model plays to the absolute lowest in the human psyche: envy, greed, hatred, racism, resentment, etc. And then when they have all that negativity adequately stirred up, they use the people who thought they had a safe place to express all that nastiness for yet another story. What the DM is doing is repulsive; on the other hand, it's a timely reminder that nothing is private or anonymous on the internet, and you can be held accountable for what you say, as numerous people on Facebook and various forums have found out. And in a larger sense, I'm fine with that accountability, although I'm not fine with even the most obnoxious commenter being doxxed to add to the DM's bottom line.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Any comments about Meghanís race or inciting people to violence are not acceptable at all, everything else no matter what is said is free speech.

One personís troll is anotherís fair comment.

When I first joined TRFs, I used to ask a lot of the same questions, why do people who hate certain royals always comment on them? I was told itís not a fan site and if people want to criticise a certain royal and her family, itís fair game. Those people are still active members.

Now it seems anything negative against Meghan is Ďtrollingí. Itís the same with Meghan and charges of racism.

Somewhere Camilla and Kate must be shaking their heads.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good summary on the Sussex Baby Bump noise-
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mpression=true

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 2: December 2018 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Any comments about Meghanís race or inciting people to violence are not acceptable at all, everything else no matter what is said is free speech.

One personís troll is anotherís fair comment.

When I first joined TRFs, I used to ask a lot of the same questions, why do people who hate certain royals always comment on them? I was told itís not a fan site and if people want to criticise a certain royal and her family, itís fair game. Those people are still active members.

Now it seems anything negative against Meghan is Ďtrollingí. Itís the same with Meghan and charges of racism.

Somewhere Camilla and Kate must be shaking their heads.

Free speech doesnít mean what you think it means. It doesnít give you the right to say whatever you like without repercussions. It means the US government canít prosecute you. But you can loose your job for instance. And that type of free speech doesnít exist in Europe. Here, in a lot of places, online bullying is illegal. Especially when itís threatening or harassment.

And Meghan is not the only victim here. Kate is as well. This is more than criticism, itís bullying and it can and has ruined lives. It needs to stop.

https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.or...llying-and-law
Old 02-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Even better!
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...le-tattle-stop
Old 02-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I highly doubt any of these people comments will ever ruin or touch Meghanís life in any way, but this article can destroy their lives... bullies and trolls are not to be tolerated, but many of them are not necessarily bad people, simply troubled who need help.
Bullies and trolls are dangerous people and it is scientifically proven they are narcissists, psychopaths and sadists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...hs-and-sadists
Old 02-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
If the worst criticism that can be quoted is that she is the kind of person who is friends with her stylist, that's pretty funny. Like there's something wrong with being friends with your stylist! Shocking, shocking news.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
If the worst criticism that can be quoted is that she is the kind of person who is friends with her stylist, that's pretty funny. Like there's something wrong with being friends with your stylist! Shocking, shocking news.
The insinuation being that she is so guarded and controlling, that she cant make real friends. And that she has to count an employee as a friend. Ignoring of course the fact Jessica is not her employee, and was a friend first. She just helps Meghan as that is the industry she works in.

Similar to what happened with Kate. The insinuation was not that she couldn't make friends, but that she dumped them all for a man. And that Pippa was the only 'friend' she hadn't ditched.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena M. View Post
Bullies and trolls are dangerous people and it is scientifically proven they are narcissists, psychopaths and sadists.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...hs-and-sadists
No one is claiming that trolls and bullies do not ruin lives.. as I pointed out: I suffered through severe bullying growing up, it most certainly left a mark on me.
However, in order to be affected by the bullying one has to come in contact with their bully, either physical or via the internet. Since Meghan herself claimed she does not read articles or comments about herself and she ignored the negative connebts she is therefore not really exposed to the trolls and so these are unlikely to affect her in the way bullying usually affects people.
She is likely aware she is not universally loved by everyone (whatever a person reason may be), but it is easier to not be affected by those opinions (or negativity) when you ignore their existence.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Meghan might not read the online Twitter and Tumblr rubbish herself (including her 'sleeping with men for money for drugs, being married at least twice before and having being a stripper, not being really pregnant, false belly, having had abortions, and much much worse since 2016.)
However it is said that Harry reads what is said online, so I would say she is aware of this online war since 2016 and that includes wishing her dead or having a miscarriage. And I have read that she has mentioned to friends that she knows that the British Press (ie Tabloids) are 'out to get her' so I'd say Meghan is cognisant of everything going on, actually.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The insinuation being that she is so guarded and controlling, that she cant make real friends. And that she has to count an employee as a friend. Ignoring of course the fact Jessica is not her employee, and was a friend first. She just helps Meghan as that is the industry she works in.

Similar to what happened with Kate. The insinuation was not that she couldn't make friends, but that she dumped them all for a man. And that Pippa was the only 'friend' she hadn't ditched.
I understand what is being implied, I just think it's a pathetic attempt to make something that is innocuous sound sinister or like something that's a character flaw. As I said, if that's the worst comment they could find to quote, they need a class in remedial muckraking.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Majesty

That doesn't even come close to being the worst said about Meghan. See the post above.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
However, in order to be affected by the bullying one has to come in contact with their bully, either physical or via the internet. Since Meghan herself claimed she does not read articles or comments about herself and she ignored the negative connebts she is therefore not really exposed to the trolls and so these are unlikely to affect her in the way bullying usually affects people.
She is likely aware she is not universally loved by everyone (whatever a person reason may be), but it is easier to not be affected by those opinions (or negativity) when you ignore their existence.
The hate is so intense that its contents are spilling into the proper media. Surly she has a right to use and enjoy decent media, especially she is already living a life of prisoner. People around her also read this stuff - do they have to whisper behind her back?
Trolls create an atmosphere of hate and that alone is very, very dangerous because some of them are encouraging weirdos to commit a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan might not read the online Twitter and Tumblr rubbish herself (including her 'sleeping with men for money for drugs, being married at least twice before and having being a stripper, not being really pregnant, false belly, having had abortions, and much much worse since 2016.)
However it is said that Harry reads what is said online, so I would say she is aware of this online war since 2016 and that includes wishing her dead or having a miscarriage. And I have read that she has mentioned to friends that she knows that the British Press (ie Tabloids) are 'out to get her' so I'd say Meghan is cognisant of everything going on, actually.
Harry reads it, so he is affected. If Harry is affected so is she. She doesn't live in a vacuum
Old 02-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I doubt Harry and Meghan read any of it...that's what their PR people etc handle.

I had to roll my eyes at ANY of these tabloid papers acting like they are trying to help resolve the problem..HA. They are right there included in with the hateful trolls too!

It's one thing to critique members of the family (to include all of them not just Meghan and Kate) ..I don't like her dress...her shoes are awful...is she supposed to have hose on etc. It's another to make attacks about their person or make false statements about them. Some of the attacks are wishing harm to them or their children etc.

As someone already pointed out in Europe/U.K. the laws are different about what is allowed to be said or not ...or rather the consequences are different than here in the U.S.

LaRae
Old 02-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That doesn't even come close to being the worst said about Meghan. See the post above.
It's the only one I see a quote for, however. A quote implies someone actually said it, as opposed to wild speculation, gossip and innuendo.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

the sensible thing for her to do would be not to read about herself in the papers.. or on the Internet... except for work related stuff... and Harry should do the same...
Old 02-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

They said (Meghan specifically) during the engagement interview they made a decision to not read it..not the good nor the bad...just shut it out.

LaRae
Old 02-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Nobility

Freedom of speech is not the freedom of spreading lies.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Closed for moderator review.

Tags
british royal family, caricatures, cartoons, fleet street, newspapers, tabloid press