The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

No offense but the Charles and Edwards weddings weren't on this scale. I can understand their frustration. I've pointed it out but I'm also over it. It's also interesting how some seem divided as well so clearly not all are feeling like they are being personally targeted.

Either way let's see how these folk are acting on May 19. I suspect most will get over it.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Unfortunately the £700 fee will hurt those that aren't employed by the big news outlets. For instance, there is a student photojournalist that set up a Gofundme because he wanted to be there to photograph the wedding but he can't afford the accreditation fee to ensure a spot.

Hopefully KP will get this all straightened out before the wedding.

And I know people keep saying this, but this isn't a private wedding. This wedding may be scaled down, but it is in no way private.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I don’t see anyone saying the fee is Harry’s fault. But some people seem to be trying to purposely conflate things.

There was a fee for the Cambridge wedding but press and photographers were given equal access. There was a large press pen outside WA and BP for the balcony kiss.

There’s also a fee for Harry’s wedding but with much more limited access for press.

Harry has every reason to dislike the press. Photographers like Mark Cuthbert, Rookie and James Whatling, all accredited royal photographers who regularly cover royal engagements, have a legitimate concern for being left out of prime property for photos
this
I don't blame them for feeling excluded and it absolutely is favoritism. It's financially rewarding one while charging all the rest. Very poor optics imo.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Question. Do we know that the PA photographers that will be stationed outside St. George's Chapel will be charging outlets to use their photographers? As I understand it, the outlet that will be filming the ceremony in the chapel itself, like William and Kate's wedding, freely share their feed with other outlets that want to broadcast the wedding live.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-05-2018, 02:06 AM
Royal Highness

An pap has won a ticket to the wedding!

Paparazzo Jayden Seyfarth wins tickets to the Royal Wedding | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Question. Do we know that the PA photographers that will be stationed outside St. George's Chapel will be charging outlets to use their photographers? As I understand it, the outlet that will be filming the ceremony in the chapel itself, like William and Kate's wedding, freely share their feed with other outlets that want to broadcast the wedding live.
Exactly, the consequence of restricting is that those who can take the shots should freely share.

And I think it is fair that all the media who is going to profit from this wedding pays their share towards all the costs being made (because of media interest). Why should the british people pay more for this wedding to allow national and international media free coverage. A very wise move that since 2011 all British royal weddings have charged a fee.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:34 AM
Royal Highness

I am curious how is the media portraying the upcoming nuptials In the USA. For instance are they showing interest.?
Old 05-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Courtier

They are showing a lot of interest. Every single major network has specials for this week and next week. In general, the public are blah about it.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Among my circle of friends and relatives my granddaughter and I are the only 2 watching it or even interested in the Royals.

LaRae
Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Royal Highness

Oh okay. Maybe people will become interested when it happens.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Nobility

My sister and I are doing what we did for William & Kate's wedding- get up at the crack of dawn, drive to our mom's house, watch the wedding and then go out for a late breakfast. It's a fun way for us to spend some time together.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Courtier

As far as the public goes, I've seen quite a bit of interest, but it may well be because my circle knows my interest in all things Royal, and pass it along, or take an interest for my sake.

I'm hosting the viewing party, complete with fancy dress and hats/fascinators, mimosas and champagne, and a brunch following. It'll be a fun (if not Very EARLY) day for us. I've got a party of 15 at the moment, with a few more days for RSVPS.

But in general, if it weren't for me, I suspect very few of my acquaintances would wake to watch live. They'd catch the highlight reels.

Be a good person.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

AFAIK I am the only person in my family who will be watching. Also I'm going to have to record it and see it later.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
AFAIK I am the only person in my family who will be watching. Also I'm going to have to record it and see it later.
I'm also going to record it, to rewatch later!

Be a good person.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I am curious how is the media portraying the upcoming nuptials In the USA. For instance are they showing interest.?
The media or the people? The media is going all out on this. All the major station will be sending over multiple people to cover it and will run specials on the couple before the wedding coverage. As for the people, there is obviously that higher demand because Meghan is American, but I wouldn't say most people are going out of their minds. The magazines have sold very well and they continue to feature her on them, but in comparison to the larger population, that's still just a percentage. Although, even when you are expecting 20 some million viewers, that's still a minor portion of society, but not much else is pulling in ratings like that if that makes sense.

BTW, about 200 theaters across US will actually screen the wedding on big screen. I'm tempted to go as there is one relatively close to me, but that means I can't drink while watching it live. I'm so conflicted since I think it'd be quite an experience seeing it on the big screen.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...eaters-1109199
Old 05-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I don’t see anyone saying the fee is Harry’s fault. But some people seem to be trying to purposely conflate things.

There was a fee for the Cambridge wedding but press and photographers were given equal access. There was a large press pen outside WA and BP for the balcony kiss.

There’s also a fee for Harry’s wedding but with much more limited access for press.

Harry has every reason to dislike the press. Photographers like Mark Cuthbert, Rookie and James Whatling, all accredited royal photographers who regularly cover royal engagements, have a legitimate concern for being left out of prime property for photos
This is an interesting comment. First, you acknowledge that this fee isn't Harry's fault, but then you go on griping about the limited access when they are two different things. So, isn't that putting this problem on Harry even though it's not his fault? I mean, if people want to gripe about the fee, do so, but point that towards whoever is charging it. Not saying Harry has to make accommodations in his wedding so that some people who complain about the fee that someone else is charging. If Harry is charging this fee, fine, whatever. But he's not. He's giving the access free of charge. In that case, people don't get to pick and choose what access they like. As someone previously said, anything we get with this wedding is a privilege, not a right. And before anyone gripes about security costs. The security cost would not be there if there wasn't televised so everyone can see and a carriage procession so everyone that shows up can see the couple. The security would be the same as for the Phillips' weddings with just the royal family being present and needing security.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems the photographer situation might have changed. There has been a shift with some of them. Maybe they had a change of heart and allowing them better access afterall.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that some posts have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2103733 thread as that seems more appropriate.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Buried in a Shinan Govani article about the Hello! Canada Editor in Chief's preparations for the royal wedding is a really interesting little nugget:
Quote:
“What was really eye-opening,” Eastwood reflects, thinking back to the early days of their then-secret romance, “was seeing how much a whole community can go on lockdown. We knew how serious it was when, all of a sudden … people we used to talk to all the time (friends and colleagues of Markle) wouldn’t even return a Facebook message. It was probably advised against doing so in some quarters.”
It strikes me that, for royal reporters, what's not said (and who's *not* talking) is also a huge clue to whether a story has legs or not. I remember when the news of Harry and Meghan first hit and the press was so much more certain than the average royal watcher's skepticism. This quote may provide some context for that disparity.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...n-landing.html
Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The discussion of the recent CNN article on Meghan's race has been moved to the British Royal Family: Race and Racism thread, which remains closed.

Further discussion will be deleted.

Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, caricatures, cartoons, fleet street, newspapers, tabloid press