The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I know in Britain social media is having a big effect. When Charles and Camilla went to the Balkans this year, I think one newspaper reporter went along

In the 'old days' this would mean no news or photos but because the British royals have a strong social media game, Clarence House was able to keep us up to date with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Lovely photos and videos. My wife cried at Charles's speech as if she were in the room.

So social media does play a role in how the royals are covered in the press

Old 04-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

On the road with the Queen: What I learnt from 20 royal tours

Old 04-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I stumbled on this at Getty today. It's quite amusing. If Royals Worked. If Royals Worked | Getty Images
Old 04-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, Carole Malone seems to have enjoyed the Cambridge Royal Tour-
Prince William and Kate just won't measure up to the high standard set by the Queen - Carole Malone - Mirror Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Dman.

Well, the first line reads: Is there anyone out there who’s been remotely interested in Kate and William’s trip to India ?

How many links to just the Danish press covering this visit would you like me to post? Twenty? Thirty?
The coverage is not as high as if it was the SRF or NRF though but W&K (and Harry) come in as a close third on this visit.
BB had a large feature in this weeks magazine issue and will have a large feature next week as well.

As for the rest of the column, well...
Old 04-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

If no one was interested why did the reporters send all those reporters and photographers? Basically none went with C&C and a handful with Harry. However, everybody was there for India and Bhutan.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
what a terrible whiny article... did she even go on the tour?

and this inspired quote: The media’s done its best to jazz it up with endless pictures of Kate’s dresses, her hairdos, and action shots of her throwing herself into various national sports.

THE MEDIA? if this tour was not a photographers banquet what was? and the Cambridges and their hosts made this a visually interesting tour - not the media... they just photographed the event.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
what a terrible whiny article... did she even go on the tour?

and this inspired quote: The media’s done its best to jazz it up with endless pictures of Kate’s dresses, her hairdos, and action shots of her throwing herself into various national sports.

THE MEDIA? if this tour was not a photographers banquet what was? and the Cambridges and their hosts made this a visually interesting tour - not the media... they just photographed the event.
She was not on the tour and the Mirror reporter who did go said it was a great tour. I'll try and find the link to that report.

EDIT link to report by Victoria Murphy http://ow.ly/4mMmAV

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've come to the conclusion that some members of the media don't know what they want out of the new generation of Windsors.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

You can't take Carole Malone seriously. This is a woman who often sits on Sky News Press Preview and criticizes William and Kate for the most ridiculous things. She said during the Diamond Jubilee that the monarchy will be finished after the Queen's death. And she also criticized William and Kate last year for not talking to the press outside the hospital when Charlotte was born.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I've come to the conclusion that some members of the media don't know what they want out of the new generation of Windsors.
Worse, they don't want to know.

A biased journalist is IMO a worthless journalist.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

This will come as a surprise to no one but it highlights just how disgusting British tabloid 'journalism' really is.

It tells the time when William and Catherine took a holiday without Prince George. The Daily Mail ran a story about how Twitter and even Mumsnet readers were outraged W&K had left George at home.

But, Mumsnet only linked to the story after it was contacted by the DM to do so and Mumsnet readers weren't outraged. When Munsnet protested the story wasn't accurate, the DM removed it from online.

Little wonder all the BRF, not just W&K keep the press at arms length

--------------------------------------------------

RKD @RoyalKateUpdate
If we knew motives/agendas behind critical "stories", would we still engage with them? �� (��Charles: heart of a king)

https://twitter.com/RoyalKateUpdate/...96797229727744
Old 05-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Royal Highness

I don't have any words for this:
David Icke attracts ridicule after saying the Royal Family are shape-shifting lizards live on TV – Royal Central
Quote:
Writer and conspiracy theorist, David Icke, raised eyebrows this week, after saying that the Royal Family are shape-shifting lizards live on national television.

Speaking on the BBC political show, This Week, Mr Icke came head to head with presenter, Andrew Neil, over his rather bizarre beliefs.

When Mr Neil asked whether he thought the Royal Family were shape-shifting lizards, the Mr Icke said: “Yes I do.”

Mr Neil responded: “If you also think that Buckingham Palace is inhabited by lizards, it kind of undermines you.”

Icke denied this though, saying: “If you deliver it in one line, the world’s run by reptiles, you go ‘that’s crazy’ – immediate reflex action,” he said.

“But when you see the back story and the evidence to support this, ancient modern, you see that throwaway line in a completely different context.”

Mr Icke is a believer of a conspiracy theory that 13 historical families, including the royals, were shape-shifters who run the world’s finances, politics, and religion.

Before he became known for his beliefs, David Icke was a household name as a presenter of the BBC’s flagship sports show Grandstand. He later caused public hysteria in 1991 when he said he was the “Son of the Godhead”.

Whilst he was on the show, Mr Icke was also asked whether he believed 9/11 was an inside job.

He replied: “Of course it was. There is a network that works through government agencies, through organisations like the CIA, to push an agenda on the world which is unfolding by the day.”
Old 05-22-2016, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
At first I thought this was British droll wit.

We have a guy like this in the U.S., Richard Belzer.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I think this guy could benefit from William, Kate, and Harry's mental health initiative.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Even more concerning is that there are people who believe this guy.

He is also behind the kidnapped Canadian children allegations against the Queen and Philip and a range of other conspiracies.

Basically he needs some help but ...
Old 05-23-2016, 01:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
[QUOTE=Iluvbertie;1891663

Basically he needs some help but ...[/QUOTE]

... there's fools born every minute that buy into his spiel, it puts money in the bank for him and besides that, its sensationalism and so very much more shiny and interesting than droll everyday facts.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Not sure how Harry could lose this one. He and Pippa are clearly not dating. I loathe tabloid 'journalism'

Prince Harry loses IPSO complaint against Daily Mail over its report of 'completely untrue' Pippa romance story | Press Gazette
Old 05-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Nobility

British paper's 'Queen backs Brexit' headline misleading, press watchdog rules

A headline in Britain's top-selling newspaper The Sun claiming that the "Queen backs Brexit" was significantly misleading, press regulator IPSO ruled on Wednesday, although the paper stood by its story.

British paper's 'Queen backs Brexit' headline misleading, press watchdog rules | Reuters
Old 05-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Not sure how Harry could lose this one. He and Pippa are clearly not dating. I loathe tabloid 'journalism'

Prince Harry loses IPSO complaint against Daily Mail over its report of 'completely untrue' Pippa romance story | Press Gazette
I'm very surprised that he's lost this as well.

Tags
british royal family, caricatures, cartoons, fleet street, newspapers, tabloid press