British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why anyone would get upset over The Queen wearing fur. She's been wearing the same furs for years. When the State Opening of Parliament took place in November, she wore white fur capes. Women and men wear fur, and it remains the most elegant attire one can wear. The Queen was the only one who beautifully stood out at Christmas service.

Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

People often forget that The Queen have lots of fur coats and capes, and has had them for decades. Sometimes her dressers often incorporate her old furs in new creations.

I wonder how may bedrooms there are at Sandringham House as the media always make it sound very over crowded at Christmas!

Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/23/eb/1623eb412cef71116f01c3925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the people at the DF will even notice there's been a mistake. I seriously doubt it as they're all conspiring on the latest footage to pull some kind of "scoop of dirt" out of nothing at all.

I do admit though that they do have some of the best photographs though. Now if only their journalistic talents could be brought up to the same level.

Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/23/eb/1623eb412cef71116f01c3925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.

Complete speculation but I imagine the Queen and DofE have rooms in the 'main' part of the house along with the main reception rooms.
I suspect the reddish brown section contain staff offices and staff bedrooms and maybe a few extra guest bedrooms.
When you look at it like this you can see that the house is not really that big for 30 guests and all the staff. (Of course it is a big house for any 'normal' family).

Last edited:
:previous: I agree i have the same feeling that Sandringham seems "small" for so many guests.

I'm wondering if the people at the DF will even notice there's been a mistake. I seriously doubt it as they're all conspiring on the latest footage to pull some kind of "scoop of dirt" out of nothing at all.

I do admit though that they do have some of the best photographs though. Now if only their journalistic talents could be brought up to the same level.

They did. When I read the article it says Anne not Margaret, so it has been fixed.

The Royal Family attended a church service amid heightened police security checks for wellwishers at Sandringham.

Officers carrying bodyscanners even checked a little girl and a baby in a pram as all arrivals were subjected to extensive searches.

The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry were among attendees for the traditional Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene Church.
Read more: Heightened police security for wellwishers as Royals attend church service - Telegraph

It didn’t look like the Middletons were at church today. I thought Camilla Tominey claimed that the Middletons were invited to Boxing day. Seems like Katie Nicholl and Rebecca English weren’t the only liars.

Nice to see Zara and Mike at Church, maybe they spent Christmas Day with Mike's family and now spend time with the RF.

There are some nice photos at the orderofsplendor blog, including one of Lady Sarah and her two sons.

it looks like peter and Autumn Philiips weren't there this Christmas, maybe they were in Canada with Autumn's family.

Did Zara and Peter were there for Chrismas or not? I'm sorry to ask but with the Christmas festivities I didn't follow much. I guess that's pretty normal if both Peter and Zara's families have skipped this year Christmas with the queen, to spend it with the other side of the family. That's what folks do anyway...

Neither Zara & Mike nor Peter & Autumn were present at church on Christmas day, Zara and Mike appeared at the Sunday service this morning, no sign of Peter & Autumn yet. If Zara and Mike were spending Christmas day with Mike's side of the family, or for sure away from the RF, it seems like a good guess Peter and Autumn were either in Canada with Autumn's family or somewhere else possibly with Autumn's family.

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the party, I have coincidentally been in Norfolk for a few days.

Thank you to those who shared the photos and articles of this year's Christmas at Sandringham. It was great to see them again and it's nice that Sarah Chatto and her family were present this year. I think the girl here is Margarita Armstrong-Jones which means that Viscount Linley and his family were present as well.
It was nice to see Viscount Severn present for the first time. I was wondering when he would make an appearance at Sandringham. Lady Louise looks very smart and age appropriate in her outfit. I love her boots!

Have the RF left Sandringham yet - are they celebrating New Year's there? I've read that HM and Prince Philip don't leave until January but I don't know about the rest of the family.

Have the RF left Sandringham yet - are they celebrating New Year's there? I've read that HM and Prince Philip don't leave until January but I don't know about the rest of the family.

Yes, Charles and Camilla are in Scotland.
The Queen & Philip usually stay at Sandringham until early/mid February.

I know HM usually stays at Sandringham until after the anniversary of her father's death on February 6th. I find that quite touching.

Members of the family attended Sunday Service today. Zara & Mike were there too.
I have to admit to being really impressed by Prince Charles Christmas address to the military at Christmas. I love the way he backs them up, validates them and the duties they perform, whether under the gun or humanitarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom