The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
No sign of the Linleys or Chattos this year - dont they do alternate years at Sandringham as well?
I believe that they do alternate years. I like how they are still invited.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Courtier

I think it's unfair to both William and Kate and to The Queen to suggest that W and K are doing something offensive or disrespectful by not having Christmas at Sandringham. It's clear William has nothing but respect and affection for The Queen, and I think if it was actually important to her that William and Kate be at Sandringham, they'd be there. QEII seems like a reasonable woman, however, and she also has the experience of having been very close as a child to both her own parents and to her non royal relations on her mother's side. Given that background I can't imagine why she would be anything but supportive of Kate, and eventually the new baby, having the same kind of relationship with the Middletons.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The only time I have ever heard of them going to two services on Christmas Day is when Christmas Day and Sunday are on the same day - like 2011 - when they have the normal Sunday service and then later attend the Christmas Service.

On a non-Sunday Christmas Day they only go once. This is a non-Sunday Christmas Day so only once.
There are two church services on Christmas...at least there were for the last few years. There are actually photos of the royals attending both services this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
Most (maybe all) of the Royals go church very early on Christmas morning, before the "official" walk later. Certainly the major Royals go then. I believe at that time is when they receive sacraments. Therefore, there are two church services that they attend on Christmas Day.
Yes, this is what I meant. Thanks for explaining it.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I think it's unfair to both William and Kate and to The Queen to suggest that W and K are doing something offensive or disrespectful by not having Christmas at Sandringham. It's clear William has nothing but respect and affection for The Queen, and I think if it was actually important to her that William and Kate be at Sandringham, they'd be there. QEII seems like a reasonable woman, however, and she also has the experience of having been very close as a child to both her own parents and to her non royal relations on her mother's side. Given that background I can't imagine why she would be anything but supportive of Kate, and eventually the new baby, having the same kind of relationship with the Middletons.
Excellent observation.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Here are two photos of some of the Royals going to an early service yesterday morning. There are others (Camilla wearing a kerchief, like the Queen), but I can't find them right now. As far as I know, they've always gone to an early service, in order to receive the sacraments privately.

Royal Family Sandringham Christmas 2012 - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Thanks, cinrit. I was searching for the photos but couldn't find them.

While looking at past Christmas photos, I noticed that Zara was absent from Sandringham in 2010. She was supposedly spending the holiday privately with Mike.

So it would appear that the Queen doesn't have a problem with her family missing an occasional Christmas at Sandringham.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Courtier

Thanks cinrit, I too was searching for the pictures from the 1st service & couldn't find them.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Nobility

You're welcome, soapstar and Queen Camilla. This is the other that I missed:

Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Nobility

It looks like the first 3 pictures are from the early service. Autumn is dressed differently. Also the caption mentions the early service.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

RexFeatures has a couple more images of the family arriving to the earlier service. Autumn's bobble hat is adorable!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge make it to Sandringham for Boxing Day shoot and picnic - Telegraph
Quote:
The pair arrived in time for the annual Boxing Day shoot and picnic on the 20,000-acre Norfolk estate. The Sandringham Boxing Day shoot is a tradition at nearby Wood Farm in Wolferton and is usually organised by the Duke of Edinburgh. The Queen is said to have been there, having fully recovered from a cold, and only Prince Harry, currently on duty in Afghanistan, was absent.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some years we have images of the Boxing Day hunt, but we haven't had them for a few years. It's a good thing though, as it gives them privacy but I do always like to see them altogether.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Nobility

All hunting pictures stopped a few years ago after the fox hunting brouhaha.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Majesty

So now they are at Sandringham spending the holidays with The Queen and the rest of the family. Everything is okay.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Nobility

Anyone know if the Middletons joined them?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Considering Zara's career as an equestrian it is possible that her dentist will not give her implants until she retires from the sport because there is a choking risk if they're knocked out. The same could happen with teeth that are on a removable device.
Not so in the US. A permanent titanium implant will stay in pretty much no matter what.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

sorry if this was posted before, I just fund the queen's christmas card 2012
Rare! 2012 Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Christmas Card | eBay
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see the card but I think it's a bit sad that it's on eBay.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Nobility

It doesn't seem to be signed, so maybe it was an extra.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

I interpret the text as saying that these cards were made not for the queen personally but for the members of her household to send to freinds and aquaintances. These are not for sale to the public but for household-members only. So it's not "her" official Xmas card.

Tags
christmas