The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

I feel bad for Her Majesty having catched a cold right before Christmas just like I have myself, it's the absolute worst thing. I do, however, understand why she's chosen to skip the service, I've had to go Christmas shopping for the past four days and that's done absolutely no good for my cold, it's better to stay warm inside. I hope she'll get better soon.

On another note, looking at those pictures (and especially this one) it's really evident just how much Beatrice looks like her father.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen misses Sandringham church service with a cold
Quote:
The Queen missed a church service at her Sandringham estate after suffering from a cold, Buckingham Palace said. The monarch usually visits St Mary Magdalene church every Sunday while staying at her Norfolk home. But this time she failed to attend the service, much to the disappointment of dozens of well-wishers who had gathered to get a glimpse of her. A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said: "The Queen was getting over the tail end of a cold. We are expecting business as usual next week."

Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope HM gets well soon, and I also hope that its just a small cold and nothing too serious so that she can attend Sandringham on Christmas Morning.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

I'm sure Sophie didn't know what hit her having to walk to church instead of getting a lift with the Queen!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Queen misses Sunday service at church on Sandringham estate as she suffers from a cold but other Royals are out if force | Mail Online
Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Better safe than sorry at that age, especially given the lengthy festivities for the Christmas holiday.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the link to photos at the DM

Prince Philip is looking good...well, they are all looking pretty good. If I have some minor quibbles they are I think Beatrice's dress is a tad short for church and I've never been a fan of hats perched at an odd angle (looking at you, Sophie). But all in all, a good fashion turnout.

Sorry to hear that the Queen had a cold, I always look forward to her appearance at church. Hope that she is better by Christmas Day.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely to see the family attend Church, shame about the Queen. It is smart of her to take a day off to ensure she is fit enough for Christmas Day. She probably knows how disappointed people would be if she did not attend Christmas Day.

Lovely to see Andrew and his daugthers, along with Edward's family. It always makes me think that it's odd of Charles to not attend earlier, but of course it is his choice.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Anne and her family were absent too. Perhaps they wanted to have a bit of a private time (in case of Camilla and Anne, probably with their grandchildren), before joining the formal Sandringham party?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Nice Pics ,, They looks Nice ,, But unfortunately I was would to see all the family ,, William & Harry & Kate ,, And Zara ,, But this is the life ,,, would to see them all soon ,,, Liked Princess Beatrice shoes very elegant ,,, Thank you for posting
Old 12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Role reversal from last year, it's lovely to see Philip looking so strong.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Nobility

All of these absences could have been planned since last Christmas. Everyone (plus some) attended last year. So this year, they were given a few excused absences, for some events this year. However, I think many in the immediate family will be around for the Boxing Day hunt.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Majesty

I hope that HM is taking things easy as a winter cold, in the damp of Norfolk (or anywhere in the UK in winter) wouldn't be an easy thing to shift and more so for a lady who is 86 and 8 months.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Two more articles:
The Royal wheeze: The Queen sports fancy 3D glasses - but bug has Her Maj laid low - Mirror Online

The Royals Watch
Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really hope the Queen is well enough to make it to the Christmas Church service,it simply wouldn't be the same with out her!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Delighted to see such beautiful pix of Louise, she is really pretty !
Old 12-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Video:
Queen records message in White Drawing Room of palace:
Ahead of the recording of her Christmas message the Queen met senior staff from Sky News which produced this year's broadcast. The message was recorded in the White Drawing Room of Buckingham Palace
Royal - ITV News
Old 12-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Majesty

At what time will the royal family head off to church?
Old 12-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Nobility

Thanks for posting the photos. Hope Her Majesty is feeling better soon.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
At what time will the royal family head off to church?
11am I believe,which is about 10 minutes time!

BBC News - Queen expected at Sandringham church Christmas service

Tags
christmas