The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh Host Reception for Team GB: October 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor At Queen's Olympic reception The Duchess of Cambridge revealed she's learning to ride & Para-equestrian rider Lee Pearson offered lessons!

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
One well-known Olympian Zara Phillips who won a team silver in the Olympic equestrian competition was at the reception hosted by The Queen.

Oh wow! I think it's fantastic that Kate is learning to ride, and I guess that puts to rest the rumor that she's allergic to horses. If she takes to it, she'll certainly get more enjoyment out of time at Balmoral, plus she'd be able to have a lot of fun with the rest of the Royal family.

:previous:

That indeed will put the unfortunate rumour to rest.
This does surprise me somewhat because I always thought Kate could ride. Although come to think about it, don't know why I got the impression though.

I thought I saw a glimpse of Beatrice somewhere, but not Sophie.
Hopefully, there'll be more pictures soon.

I would be surprised if so, the AP does a disappointing job in covering these events IMO. They only release pictures of the very senior members of the family, one can be happy with one pic of Anne, Sophie or Edward, the rest will be ignored. :bang: Same with state banquets and I wonder why. It makes following such events pretty dull. Of course the main coverage should be on the Queen, Charles & Camilla and Kate & Will, but a few pics of the York girls, Gloucesters and Kents wouldn't hurt. So different with these affairs regarding the Danish royal family where one can always spot every member of the family who's present. Sorry for the rant. :whistling:

I know what you mean, Dierna23. I too wish all members of the royal family could be pictured at the State Banquets.

Oh wow! I think it's fantastic that Kate is learning to ride, and I guess that puts to rest the rumor that she's allergic to horses. If she takes to it, she'll certainly get more enjoyment out of time at Balmoral, plus she'd be able to have a lot of fun with the rest of the Royal family.

Catherine is allergic to horses. Lee Pearson, an eventer in the Paralympic Dressage Team, said that Sophie told him last night that Catherine is allergic to horses.

Among those she spoke to was Lee Pearson, an equestrian Paralympian. "[Kate] said she was learning to ride. I said, 'If you ever want a dressage lesson, come up to Staffordshire,' " he told The Times. He added, "The Countess of Wessex said, 'Kate is allergic to horses.' I said, 'So am I – but antihistamines are wonderful.' "

Source @ People.com

It's a shame there aren't many photos of the others at this event. Of course with Catherine there, everyone else is lucky if they get one photo. I am not a fan of Catherine's dress for the event, but the Queen looks lovely as always. Such a bright smile from that lady!

This rumour about an allergy to horses was apparently denied by the palace and frankly I'm not sure why there is so much intrigue surrounding 'is she or isn't she' .
The Duke of Cambridge is a fairly competitive polo player and Catherine has been around horses for years.

This rumour about an allergy to horses was apparently denied by the palace and frankly I'm not sure why there is so much intrigue surrounding 'is she or isn't she' .
The Duke of Cambridge is a fairly competitive polo player and Catherine has been around horses for years.

Why would Sophie lie and say Catherine is allergic to horses if it wasn't true? I am referring to my previous post where Lee Pearson said Sophie personally told him Catherine had an allergy to horses.

Why would Sophie lie and say Catherine is allergic to horses if it wasn't true? I am referring to my previous post where Lee Pearson said Sophie personally told him Catherine had an allergy to horses.
1) Something was lost in translation, and somewhere between what Sophie actually told Lee who then told the times as reported in People the meaning was lost
2) Sophie, an accomplished horse woman, was making a joke about Catherine's equestrian abilities (here in the states people will joke that some one is 'allergic' to something that they don't prefer to do or dislike or have difficulty w/) and the joke part was lost in translation (see above)
3) Sophie and Catherine are not close and Sophie does not know whether Catherine is allergic or not and was just going by the rumors we have all read
4) Catherine is allergic and taking medication to enable her to learn riding, or the allergy is so mild that it does not bother her unduly or she has aged out of an allergy she suffered in her youth.
Any or none of the above could be the case, but it's nice that she's learning to enjoy a hobby which is important to her husband's family and which will undoubtedly be a part of her children's lives.

As if someone stole their medals, that is ridiculous! I can imagine they will probably never get them back, which is awful to say, but the British public aren't exactly known for returning stolen items!

ITNSource has released a much longer video of this event, with clips of most of the Royals chatting with guests.

ITNSource

Is the woman Sophie is talking to next to Zara at the end of the last clip one of the Equestrian team? She looks very familiar. I love the back of Sophie's dress, really nice. I love that Zara just put her hair in a ponytail, it's as if she couldn't be bothered. Makes me laugh. I also laughed at the fact Zara has a name badge on, quite amusing.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would even think to steal an athlete's Olympic medal. Not having earned it, it would mean nothing to them. Monetary wise, trying to sell it would just give them away.

This theft was just plain low down and mean if you ask me.

I would be surprised if so, the AP does a disappointing job in covering these events IMO. They only release pictures of the very senior members of the family, one can be happy with one pic of Anne, Sophie or Edward, the rest will be ignored. :bang: Same with state banquets and I wonder why. It makes following such events pretty dull. Of course the main coverage should be on the Queen, Charles & Camilla and Kate & Will, but a few pics of the York girls, Gloucesters and Kents wouldn't hurt. So different with these affairs regarding the Danish royal family where one can always spot every member of the family who's present. Sorry for the rant. :whistling:

My thoughts exactly, Dierna23! It's all about the old Queen, Charles & Camilla, as if anyone desired to see them... :D:flowers:

My thoughts exactly, Dierna23! It's all about the old Queen, Charles & Camilla, as if anyone desired to see them... :D:flowers:

Seeing as that "old Queen" is the monarch and Charles and Camilla are the next King and Queen Consort, all the focus should be on them I think. (Unless its a fashion/celebrity rag which of course which looks at the British royals as clothes dummies). :D

Seeing as that "old Queen" is the monarch and Charles and Camilla are the next King and Queen Consort, all the focus should be on them I think. (Unless its a fashion/celebrity rag which of course which looks at the British royals as clothes dummies). :D

But we all know in the 'real' world, the press and media are going to focus on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Its just a fact. I admire all members of my Royal Family but Catherine and William are the stars after HM and the Duke Edinburgh.

It's something the royals are used to because they have all been through this before.

NoorMeansLight said:

Well I do.

I want to read about the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Camilla and see what they've been up to.

Having said that, I would also like more of Anne, Edward, Sophie & Andrew and a lot less William & Kate.

I would like to see all of them. I wish The Queen's Cameramen and other press would focus on all the royals at events. The Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace is such a beautiful event. The Royals arrive in full regalia and there's fanfair to signal their arrival but this event go pretty much unnoticed without pictures and video. I think that is such a shame because it's one of the main times you get a chance to see the royals decked out in Royal Orders, Sashes, Tiara's, etc.

Here's a rare video of this event:
ROYAL : Queen Elizabeth hosts Buckingham Palace re | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom