The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

This rumour about an allergy to horses was apparently denied by the palace and frankly I'm not sure why there is so much intrigue surrounding 'is she or isn't she' .
The Duke of Cambridge is a fairly competitive polo player and Catherine has been around horses for years.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
This rumour about an allergy to horses was apparently denied by the palace and frankly I'm not sure why there is so much intrigue surrounding 'is she or isn't she' .
The Duke of Cambridge is a fairly competitive polo player and Catherine has been around horses for years.
Why would Sophie lie and say Catherine is allergic to horses if it wasn't true? I am referring to my previous post where Lee Pearson said Sophie personally told him Catherine had an allergy to horses.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Why would Sophie lie and say Catherine is allergic to horses if it wasn't true? I am referring to my previous post where Lee Pearson said Sophie personally told him Catherine had an allergy to horses.
1) Something was lost in translation, and somewhere between what Sophie actually told Lee who then told the times as reported in People the meaning was lost
2) Sophie, an accomplished horse woman, was making a joke about Catherine's equestrian abilities (here in the states people will joke that some one is 'allergic' to something that they don't prefer to do or dislike or have difficulty w/) and the joke part was lost in translation (see above)
3) Sophie and Catherine are not close and Sophie does not know whether Catherine is allergic or not and was just going by the rumors we have all read
4) Catherine is allergic and taking medication to enable her to learn riding, or the allergy is so mild that it does not bother her unduly or she has aged out of an allergy she suffered in her youth.
Any or none of the above could be the case, but it's nice that she's learning to enjoy a hobby which is important to her husband's family and which will undoubtedly be a part of her children's lives.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC Sport - Olympic medals stolen from Alex Partridge and Hannah Macleod

Sadly after the party at BP 2 Olympians apparently had their medals stolen.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

As if someone stole their medals, that is ridiculous! I can imagine they will probably never get them back, which is awful to say, but the British public aren't exactly known for returning stolen items!

ITNSource has released a much longer video of this event, with clips of most of the Royals chatting with guests.

ITNSource

Is the woman Sophie is talking to next to Zara at the end of the last clip one of the Equestrian team? She looks very familiar. I love the back of Sophie's dress, really nice. I love that Zara just put her hair in a ponytail, it's as if she couldn't be bothered. Makes me laugh. I also laughed at the fact Zara has a name badge on, quite amusing.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
As if someone stole their medals, that is ridiculous! I can imagine they will probably never get them back, which is awful to say, but the British public aren't exactly known for returning stolen items!
Why do you doubt there was a theft? One medal and one blazer have been returned, an arrest was made, police are still investigating.
BBC News - Hannah Macleod's stolen Olympic bronze medal returned
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would even think to steal an athlete's Olympic medal. Not having earned it, it would mean nothing to them. Monetary wise, trying to sell it would just give them away.

This theft was just plain low down and mean if you ask me.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I would be surprised if so, the AP does a disappointing job in covering these events IMO. They only release pictures of the very senior members of the family, one can be happy with one pic of Anne, Sophie or Edward, the rest will be ignored. Same with state banquets and I wonder why. It makes following such events pretty dull. Of course the main coverage should be on the Queen, Charles & Camilla and Kate & Will, but a few pics of the York girls, Gloucesters and Kents wouldn't hurt. So different with these affairs regarding the Danish royal family where one can always spot every member of the family who's present. Sorry for the rant.
My thoughts exactly, Dierna23! It's all about the old Queen, Charles & Camilla, as if anyone desired to see them...
Old 10-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
My thoughts exactly, Dierna23! It's all about the old Queen, Charles & Camilla, as if anyone desired to see them...
Seeing as that "old Queen" is the monarch and Charles and Camilla are the next King and Queen Consort, all the focus should be on them I think. (Unless its a fashion/celebrity rag which of course which looks at the British royals as clothes dummies).
Old 10-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Seeing as that "old Queen" is the monarch and Charles and Camilla are the next King and Queen Consort, all the focus should be on them I think. (Unless its a fashion/celebrity rag which of course which looks at the British royals as clothes dummies).
But we all know in the 'real' world, the press and media are going to focus on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Its just a fact. I admire all members of my Royal Family but Catherine and William are the stars after HM and the Duke Edinburgh.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Majesty

It's something the royals are used to because they have all been through this before.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight

Well I do.

I want to read about the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Camilla and see what they've been up to.

Having said that, I would also like more of Anne, Edward, Sophie & Andrew and a lot less William & Kate.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Majesty

I would like to see all of them. I wish The Queen's Cameramen and other press would focus on all the royals at events. The Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace is such a beautiful event. The Royals arrive in full regalia and there's fanfair to signal their arrival but this event go pretty much unnoticed without pictures and video. I think that is such a shame because it's one of the main times you get a chance to see the royals decked out in Royal Orders, Sashes, Tiara's, etc.

Here's a rare video of this event:
ROYAL : Queen Elizabeth hosts Buckingham Palace re | Archive Footage | ITN Source