The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Majesty

When Charles becomes King,finally...It will be as glorious and up to date as possible.A well trained Heir,and I really think he WILL do a great job,WITH Queen Camilla.No other title as the wives do have the courtesy titles if not Queens in their own right...But first HM will sit you all through a Brexit,so,first things first....Put the kettle on dear and make yourself a fine cuppa..

Old 06-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Alex Salmond was wise enough, and Nicola Sturgeon will be equally wise, that evicting Her Majesty The Queen out of the Palace of Holyroodhouse would not be very helpful for their aim: to see an independent Scotland indeed.

An independence movement waving with a German Prince and a Liechtensteiner Princess or even the Duke of Alba can forget any chance on success. Those Jacobites are like the Carlists in Spain: a little nuisance, best to be ignored.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There are other claimants in site, always has been. Ever since the Glorious revolution. And it isn't a stretch to think, that if Scotland gained independence, and continued to be a monarchy (and not go full republic) there would not be those calling for a return to the proper Scottish line. Not saying it would go any where, that the queen would not remain, but the talk would certainly be there. Especially if Charles is king at the time. The reality is there is a Stewart line out there still. Issue being Sophie of Lichtenstein and her son are those heirs. We could see a case where an heir is chosen, like with the throne of Greece, and perhaps one of Sophie's younger children took up the Jacobite claim.

That said I think as long as Scotland remains a monarchy and doesn't go full republic, the Windsors will remain. But I don't think the Jacobite supporters will remain silent either.
i think Infanta Alicia of Spain, Dowager Duchess of Calabria is also a possible jacobite claimant
Old 06-27-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, those are ceremonial events that's stretched out throughout the year. I'm talking about I would like to see the family doing more engagements together.

It would be nice to see Camilla and Catherine carry out some engagements together. Also, it would be nice if Charles & Camilla and William and Catherine got together and did some official engagements together.

The Swedish, Danish and Norwegian royals do act more like family unit than the British royals, IMO.

I'm not going to comment on the Norwegians because I don't follow them much.

But the Swedes... The King and Queen are frequently accused on these very forums of disliking that their eldest daughter is the heir apparent, and not being fans of their son-in-law. Their son married a woman who people are determined the rest of the family hates. Their youngest daughter doesn't even live in Sweden and her husband had done all that he can to make it clear that he is not a Swedish Royal.

And the Danes... You're seriously calling a family that has Prince Henrik in it as a symbol of unity? Seriously?
Old 06-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I'm not going to comment on the Norwegians because I don't follow them much.

But the Swedes... The King and Queen are frequently accused on these very forums of disliking that their eldest daughter is the heir apparent, and not being fans of their son-in-law. Their son married a woman who people are determined the rest of the family hates. Their youngest daughter doesn't even live in Sweden and her husband had done all that he can to make it clear that he is not a Swedish Royal.

And the Danes... You're seriously calling a family that has Prince Henrik in it as a symbol of unity? Seriously?
Not going to go into rumors. I'm just saying that it don't hurt to have more family unity within the main royals of the firm. I liked when Camilla and Catherine accompanied The Queen to an engagement in her Diamind Jubilee year, but I would like to see more of the three ladies together. I would like see Camilla and Catherine do more engagements together. Also, it would be nice to see Charles and his family (Cambridge's and Harry do some stuff together.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, those are ceremonial events that's stretched out throughout the year. I'm talking about I would like to see the family doing more engagements together.

It would be nice to see Camilla and Catherine carry out some engagements together. Also, it would be nice if Charles & Camilla and William and Catherine got together and did some official engagements together.

The Swedish, Danish and Norwegian royals do act more like family unit than the British royals, IMO.
I don't agree! I live permanently in Norway now, and I follow the Danish and Norwegian royal families very closely and they don't act more like a family unit than the British royals.

And as I told you above, the BRF does the ceremonial events like the Trooping, State Opening, Garter Service, State Visits, Diplomatic Reception, and the Jubilees/birthdays celebrations together. They also does other events together. And for me thats more than enough.

The Danish and Norwegian royal families don't have all these ceremonial events, but they don't do many other events together either.

And as I also told you above, we see unity between HM and Charles all the time. His Golden Jubilee, 80th birthday, Diamond Jubilee, 90th birthday speeches, several documentary tributes to her and several speeches to her in private.

HM doesn't give interviews, but she praised Charles publicly during his 50th and 60th birthdays (where she also held a speech to him in private), and yes these are family events, but we don't see this in the Scandinavian royal families.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I don't agree! I live permanently in Norway now, and I follow the Danish and Norwegian royal families very closely and they don't act more like a family unit than the British royals.

And as I told you above, the BRF does the ceremonial events like the Trooping, State Opening, Garter Service, State Visits, Diplomatic Reception, and the Jubilees/birthdays celebrations together. They also does other events together. And for me thats more than enough.

The Danish and Norwegian royal families don't have all these ceremonial events, but they don't do many other events together either.

And as I also told you above, we see unity between HM and Charles all the time. His Golden Jubilee, 80th birthday, Diamond Jubilee, 90th birthday speeches, several documentary tributes to her and several speeches to her in private.

HM doesn't give interviews, but she praised Charles publicly during his 50th and 60th birthdays (where she also held a speech to him in private), and yes these are family events, but we don't see this in the Scandinavian royal families.
Royal Norway, you seem to be missing my point. I like when the royals get together for the large family events. There's unity in that.

I'm just saying I would like Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine to carry out some day and evening engagements sometimes. I would like to see some intimate family unity between them. It would be nice to see Catherine and Camilla team up on a day of official engagements. It would be nice to see more of Charles and William carrying out some engagements together. Family tours of Wales, Cornwall or Ireland would be nice, IMO.

I do see lots of a intimate family unity in the Scandinavian royal families.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Nobility

you mean like in the past when QEQM and princess margaret would frequently carry out engagements together
Old 06-27-2016, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
you mean like in the past when QEQM and princess margaret would frequently carry out engagements together
Yes, but it would be nice to see the Monarch and heirs do more engagements together. The heir and his son with spouses could come together more often for some official engagements. I think this could be brought about in the next reign too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Royal Norway, you seem to be missing my point. I like when the royals get together for the large family events. There's unity in that.

I'm just saying I would like Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine to carry out some day and evening engagements sometimes. I would like to see some intimate family unity between them. It would be nice to see Catherine and Camilla team up on a day of official engagements. It would be nice to see more of Charles and William carrying out some engagements together. Family tours of Wales, Cornwall or Ireland would be nice, IMO.

I do see lots of a intimate family unity in the Scandinavian royal families.
Dman, I agree with you in a lots of things, but not in this, because I don't see more of a intimate family unity in the Scandinavian royal families than the British. But I'm not missing you point and I respect your opinion.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:35 PM
Nobility

I think that the Swedish Royal Family is close knit, they spend time together off duty and seem to light up up when they are around each other. I don't see discord in the British Royal Family, and as already mentioned we are not deprived of seeing them as a group due to events like Trooping of the Color and the walk to church on Christmas morning, but I do not see close knit with the monarch and her heirs and I don't think you can force that.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I think that the Swedish Royal Family is close knit, they spend time together off duty and seem to light up up when they are around each other. I don't see discord in the British Royal Family, and as already mentioned we are not deprived of seeing them as a group due to events like Trooping of the Color and the walk to church on Christmas morning, but I do not see close knit with the monarch and her heirs and I don't think you can force that.
Yeah, I understand that. It's not what I want. But I think it could "project a nice image" if the main royal line did more "bread and butter engagements" together. Seeing some "cooperation". Just as a nice visual, if you understand? Like in Sweden, the King and Crown Princess visited refugees together, in Denmark the Queen, Prince Henrik and the Crown Prince couple went on a tour in Asia somewhere together a decade back or so. (A tour might be a bit big, but I liked the "group engagements" that came out of William being away and Kate doing engagements with some other royals.)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wouldn't mind Charles and Camilla and William and Catherine doing an official foreign tour together, but I was talking about an official annual tour to Wales or Cornwall and other cities in the UK.

It's not a forced idea. I think it's a good thing to see these royal couples get together and carry out some regional engagements.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-28-2016, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Charles and Camilla and William and Catherine doing an official foreign tour together, but I was talking about an official annual tour to Wales or Cornwall and other cities in the UK.

It's not a forced idea. I think it's a good thing to see these royal couples get together and carry out some regional engagements.

Can't see this ever happening it's not how Charles does things.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Can't see this ever happening it's not how Charles does things.
Well what's wrong with the couples carrying out some engagements together?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

William and Charles can't travel to together so that means separate cars, planes, helicopters and more costs. So 2 of the visiting Wales for an example cost twice as much as one Royal but it only covers the same area. If you have 2 different royals in different locations, you cover more area for the same prices approximately.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just now, reading through the Royal Wealth and Finance thread, I was perusing through the categories of just who did what and where and whatnot and realized that the members of the BRF do appear jointly at events perhaps a bit more than we're realizing. In the segment of Overview of the Year and Public Engagements, quite a few are mentioned that has other members of the BRF attending along with HM, The Queen.

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/f...rt_2015-16.pdf
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-28-2016, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

When the Queen has a reception at the palace, there is almost always multiple royals present. The Queen's young people award reception last week had multiple royals there for example.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another good example was both the Queen and The Prince of Wales attending an event together for the Prince's Trust. Lots of different occasions we can point to.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just now, reading through the Royal Wealth and Finance thread, I was perusing through the categories of just who did what and where and whatnot and realized that the members of the BRF do appear jointly at events perhaps a bit more than we're realizing. In the segment of Overview of the Year and Public Engagements, quite a few are mentioned that has other members of the BRF attending along with HM, The Queen.

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/f...rt_2015-16.pdf
It has become way more common. Phillip and the Queen rarely do engagements outside of london on their own anymore. Probably in case of them having to pull out (or worse), there is still royals present. Like Camilla and Charles joining on all bigger events, Anne being able to still continue the engagement where Phillip had to pull out etc.

Tags
british, camilla, charles iii, charles of wales, coronation, crown jewels, duchess of cornwall, legacy, prince charles, prince of wales, queen camilla, titles, william v