The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisele View Post
The only Court Circular I go to is the official one at The British Monarchy site
https://www.royal.uk/court-circular

It's free :)
Not true.

The Court Circular is a document that is issued daily during the week, except for public holidays to selected newspapers, including The Times AND is usually put up on the British Monarchy website.

The reason people have to refer to the version in The Times is that the online one, last year in particular, was so unreliable e.g. it never put up Trooping the Colour as an official event - didn't put up the entire day - but that day was in the print media where it has been since George III introduced the idea in the first place.

The 'official' count that is published each year is done by a man who uses The Times and has done so since the early 80s. He doesn't rely on the online CC which is just so hit and miss at times ... although so far this year it has been reasonably good, even putting up dates later that were originally missed (were in The Times on time but not put up until called out by this and other sites for the missing days).

Old 03-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^ ABSOLUTELY spot on ^.

The very idea that an institution well nigh a THOUSAND years old, isn't able [or aware of the need] to modernise is absurd.
It does grate that many from a nation that fetishises a piece of legislation from 1776, and will not entertain the idea of a single word being altered, should think that the BRF are in dire need of 'new broom' to survive into the future.
Ms Markle is welcome here, but trying to 'do too much, too soon' is a path fraught with danger, and I hope she knows it..
Totally, totally agree wyevale.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Irish Royalist....I've been interacting with Brits for years online (not just here) and a few in real life (including one as a boss)...honestly as an American I have never felt they were negative toward me because I was an American. I suppose there are anti-American Brits out there ...I've just never really run across one. I don't consider differing views on cultural/social issues to mean they are anti-American.

LaRae
Old 05-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

A new thread - The Future of the British Monarchy - has been created to discuss the future of the British monarchy including the subject of what the monarchy may be like after Elizabeth II and beyond.

Accordingly, this thread is now closed.

Tags
future of the monarchy