The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Philip could live at Frogmore House.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
The other thing that is a potential road block to "fast" changes is the members of the family and their staff changing residences. If the Queen dies before the Duke of E., would Philip be willing to move to Clarence House or another residence? (I really can't see him living with Charles for long.)
I'm sure in a place as big as Buckingham Palace, they could avoid each other for days if they wanted to.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Therefore I suspect that if the Queen passed away this week we wouldn't have the coronation until June 2008 but that is just me.
Unless the anti-monarchists get their wish and Charles remains POW and the monarchy is abolished and the rest is put out to pasture. Let us hope not!

Quote:
At the least BP is going to need some freshening up for Charles, Camilla, staff and whatever children are moving in.
I thought I heard that Charles was going to use St James Palace or Windsor Castle?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Maybe the Windsors will decide to keep BP for business and actually live at Windsor or somewhere else. BP doesn't sound very comfortable, but then again how comfortable can a 1,000-year-old castle be?? (But I could believe that Philip would prefer to reside at Windsor since he has been the Ranger and has had such an influence over the development of its environs.)
Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Maybe the Windsors will decide to keep BP for business and actually live at Windsor or somewhere else. BP doesn't sound very comfortable, but then again how comfortable can a 1,000-year-old castle be?? (But I could believe that Philip would prefer to reside at Windsor since he has been the Ranger and has had such an influence over the development of its environs.)
Buckingham Palace isn't 1000 years old; Windsor Castle is.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

We prefer our monarchy dull and dutiful

We prefer our monarchy dull and dutiful | Dt Opinion | Opinion | Telegraph
Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

An awful lot happens and much has to be done when a Monarch dies. Of course it is teh same everyone dies - there are many arrangements to be made and things to sort out like the funeral and (in the case of royalty) the eventual coronation. However, all these things will have already been decided upon and there will be set precendents in place to ensure everything runs smoothly (almost like a handbook so whoever organised it can look at teh list of things that need doing and how they should be done).
Old 11-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Royal Highness

I do love these discussions and this particular one is really interesting! It is quite right that the coronation would be held after a suitable period of mourning and a date would be fixed to ensure overseas heads of state can attend. A coronation is likely to take place in the May or June the following year after the previous monarch died. Don't forget that the coronation robes will need to be made and Westminster Abbey will be altered inside to ensure all the guests can fit in. Personally I will be very interested to see whether there will be any changes to the coronation when Charles becomes king. Monarchs in Britain are annointed with holy oil then crowned and the ceremony will last for several hours. It is very likely that the Coronation willbe much the same as the Queens in 1953 - I can't see how else it can be done. As an aside, I much preferred Queen Beatrix' inauguration ceremony.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

So the Coronation is likely to last about 4 Hours wow!
< ed Warren: irrelevant question > why did you perfer Beatrix Ingaugaration?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Think he will be a fine King so which does everyone think is easier Presidential Transition in The US Or Monarch to Monarch
Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quit honestly I don't know.

I don't think it is possible to compare the two kinds of transitions. They are to different in nature.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I See thanks for an answer anyway and Warren im sorry you had to edit it wont happen again.:)
Old 03-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Buckingham Palace isn't 1000 years old; Windsor Castle is.
I meant, and this is an awful long time for a rebuttal! That Charles would probably have to take up residence in BP, regardless as to his wishes, because of tradition.

If the DoE were to live in Windsor Castle, would the 1000-year-old castle be comfortable or appropriate for a prince almost in his 90s? Windsor is hardly like Clarence House, which has been renovated several times in the course of this century. (But this is probably a moot point since the DoE doesn't seem to be in the best of health lately, and the Queen probably won't abdicate.)
Old 03-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Can see Frogmore being made a home again. also wonder wholl be the next Ranger Ive heard Prince William but im not sure
Old 03-29-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
I Can see Frogmore being made a home again. also wonder wholl be the next Ranger Ive heard Prince William but im not sure
I can't imagine it'll be William as he will be King someday and it's not usually the Sov. for obvious reasons

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe Harry will be the next Ranger? Of course, I guess it depends on how taxing this position has to be since it looks like Harry really is trying to make a go of a military career.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I can't imagine it'll be William as he will be King someday and it's not usually the Sov. for obvious reasons

He wouldn't be when he was King but maybe replace his grandfather during his father's reign.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
He wouldn't be when he was King but maybe replace his grandfather during his father's reign.
Perhaps he will be granted the title when he is Prince of Wales, however I think Iowabelle may be right and Harry could well succeed The Duke of Edinburgh as Ranger

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does the Accession Council happen on the day of the Monarchs passing?

Tags
abdication, accession, british monarchs, british monarchy, civil list, crown estate, finances, line of succession, monarchy versus republic, protocol