The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Aristocracy

Thomas Lascelles (b. 1982), only son of Hon. Jeremy Lascelles, got engaged last year to Laura Bailey.

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

George Lascelles, as Viscount Lascelles, introduced his fiancée Marion Stein.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Marion was Austrian-born and a concert pianist. The Lascelles marriage eventually collapsed after he, by then the Earl of Harewood, began living with another woman. He later had a child with her before they married.

Marian had two sons with George Lascelles and refused him a divorce for a very long time. She eventually married Jeremy Thorpe, the Liberal leader, whose career was later ended in a huge scandal.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
George Lascelles, as Viscount Lascelles, introduced his fiancée Marion Stein.
At the time (1949) he already was the Earl of Harewood; he had succeeded to the peerage two years earlier, in 1947, at his father's death.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

George Lascelles, The Earl of Harewood was not invited to the wedding of the Queen's daughter, Princess Anne.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Hardly surprising really. He was considered in disgrace, having, years before left his wife for an Australian model and violinist. He had a child with her before they were able to marry. Even though the Earl was married to his second wife at the time of Princess Anne's wedding his exclusion from Royal family events lasted a long, long time.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Was he in disgrace or was it just that as a divorced man he was not considered suitable for big royal events?
Old 09-24-2016, 03:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it was the Earl's behaviour BEFORE he got divorced that irritated the Queen. His wife Marion had been very loyal to him, had borne him three sons, and he had been unfaithful for a long time before he even told her about his new love. And then there was the illegitimate son. I just don't think the Queen wanted him around her at family events. Of course after the divorce he remarried and the Queen eventually had to come to terms with it. A bit like Charles and Camilla, I suppose. Times long past, eh!
Old 09-24-2016, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I And then there was the illegitimate son. I just don't think the Queen wanted him around her at family events. Of course after the divorce he remarried and the Queen eventually had to come to terms with it. A bit like Charles and Camilla, I suppose. Times long past, eh!
but the infidelity isn't that unusual in that class. Look at Dickie and Edwina
.. however producing an illegitimate child by a woman who was "marriageable" was a bit of a mistake.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

George Lascelles, Earl of Harewood and Countess of Harewood return from their marriage in the United States.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lord Harewood was interviewed about the POW camp. He was captured by the Germans in the Second World War.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Henry Lascelles, Viscount Lascelles, unveiled a war memorial in memory of 10,000 fallen men of Leeds, Yorkshire.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:19 AM

Ellen Lascelles baby

Has anyone heard about Ellen Lascelles, daughter of Jeremy, having a child? By the way, where would I find information on the Lascelles line? Or are they still considered "royal"?
Old 12-20-2016, 06:32 AM
Serene Highness

Jack Marley Hermans was born as son of Michael Hermans and his partner Ellen Lascelles on March 21st 2016
The family lives in Australia

Source: Hein Bruins on Nobiliana BAN 2016 and on his own descendants website where you can find more information about the Lascelles
http://heinbruins.nl/Christian.html
Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Ellen Lascelles has also her own account on Instagram
Old 12-20-2016, 11:31 PM

Re: Ellen Lascelles baby

Yes, I did know about Jack. I wasn't sure where information about the Lascelles would be found. I'm currently studying their branch. Very complex. I also was not sure whether there is a particular area in the Forum for them.

Thanks for the input.

Pamela

Tags
earl of harewood, james lascelles, martin lascelles, mary princess royal