The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Death of Angela Lascelles

Angela Lascelles, the first wife of the Hon Gerald Lascelles, 2nd son of Mary, Princess Royal, died on February 28 at the age of 87.

The London Telegraph obituary

" The wedding in July 1952 led to comment: "... the fact that the Queen had excused herself at the last moment, blaming a cold, was construed as "a royal snub" by Time magazine, which pointed out that "cousin Gerry [was] never a royal favourite".

Three years after their marriage the Lascelles moved to Fort Belvedere, once home to the Prince of Wales prior to the Abdication.

After her marriage ended in 1978 Angela continued to live in Windsor Great Park and remained on good terms with the Royal Family.

She is survivrd by her son Henry, who is now 51st in line of succession to the throne. "

Old 12-18-2007, 03:37 AM

The Lascelles Family

Tanit Lascelles
She was born on 1 July 1981, daughter of the Hon. James Lascelles and his second of three wives, Lori Susan Lee. Tanit was born on the isle of Ibiza, Spain. Her mother is from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Tanit's brother Tewa was born on 8 June 1985, in Edgewood, NM. Tanit lives in Los Angeles, and I think she works for EMI. But she is close apparently to her siblings (whom she visits in England at holidays) whose mother is Fredericka Ann Duhrrson: Sophie (a dancer, in London) and Rowan.

The Sun News Online | Woman of the Sun | The Hon. Mrs. Joy Lascelles --> an article about the current/third wife of The Hon. James Lascelles, Lagos-born Joy Elias-Rilwan

The Hon. James Lascelles seems to have a very nice relationship with all four of his children, and they in turn seem to be very close to their grandmother, Marion Stein, who divorced The Earl of Harewood in 1967 (and secondly married to Jeremy Thorpe, a Liberal MP). Marion Stein has a stepson, Rupert Thorpe, who is a friend to her grandchildren.

The Hon. Robert Jeremy Lascelles married Julie Bayliss and has the following children:
*Ellen (works for the Warner Music Group in London)
*Amy
*Tom
The other cousins of Tanit, Tewa, Sophie, and Rowan are the children of Viscount Lascelles, future Earl of Harewood....
*Emily
*Benjamin (Ben)
*The Hon. Alexander
*The Hon. Edward (Eddy)

Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
I didn't know the UK had slavery. that was some neat infomation. I wouldn't want to be one of the families in the film...They must keep really good records of everything in the UK to know what has happened to the families involved...
Yep, there was English slavery (as there was in many countries). England became one of the first (or perhaps even thee first?) to abolish slavery, beginnng with an act passed 200 hundred years ago this year. If you are interested there is a recent film, called 'Amazing Grace', which recounts, the
parliamentary efforts by Wilberforce, and his ilk, to have it abolished.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Harewood Estate

* Owned by the Harewood House Trust of the Viscount and Viscountess Lascelles
* Set on 4,000 acres in West Yorkshire
* Not to be confused with the Duchy of Cornwall's Harewood Park Estate in Herefordshire (where it was once speculated Prince William would set up his 'starter home')
* The Harewood Estate of the Lascelles family has a 'Harewood Castle' and 'Harewood House' --> The Castle, on the far north end of the estate, is from the 12th Century and is presently dilapidated, "structurally unsafe" and cannot be visited by the public. But 'Harewood House', the main attraction, is an 18th Century Grade 1-listed treasure.
* The Estate is a natural haven for extinct and rare birds: Red Kites, Ostriches, Parrots, Flamingos, Owls, even Penguins

References
1) Harewood Estate (official website)
2) BBC - Hands on Nature - Harewood Estate
3) Harewood House - Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia
Old 12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
* The Estate is a natural haven for extinct and rare birds: Red Kites, Ostriches, Parrots, Flamingos, Owls, even Penguins
So they better don't invite prince Harry....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:59 PM

^ I know, really! I had the same thought.

I wonder if The Earl of Harewood, or if Lord and Lady Lascelles, actually live at Harewood. The official website declares it is still "home to The Earl" but the House Trust and Estate are chaired by Lord and Lady Lascelles.

The Independent published a very good article about Harewood in 2000. The writer, Kenneth Powell, spoke to Diane, Lady Lascelles, about the work she and her husband have done with the estate.

Kenneth Powell "Architecture: A radical vision of the country"
Independent, The (London)
May 15, 2000
FindArticles.com
Retrieved on 19 Dec. 2007 for The Royal Forums
Architecture: A radical vision of the country | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com
Old 03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Nobility

Tallulah Grace Lascelles

Tallulah Grace Lascelles - Peerage News | Google Groups

does anyone have more info?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:14 AM

Post "Elizabeth Collingwood"?

I recently went on the "britroyals.com" royal family tree site and I came across the name "Elizabeth Collingwood" born in 1981. Who was elizabeth collingwood?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer81 View Post
I recently went on the "britroyals.com" royal family tree site and I came across the name "Elizabeth Collingwood" born in 1981. Who was elizabeth collingwood?
The only one I could find, married a cousin of the Queen.

GeneAll.net - Sydney Collingwood
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer81 View Post
Elizabeth Evelyn Collingwood (1924-2006) was the second wife of The Hon. Gerald Lascelles, son of Henry Lascelles, Earl of Harewood, and his wife, nèe Mary, the Princess Royal. They had a son, Martin, born in 1962 out of wedlock.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Hon. Alexander Lascelles has a Illigitimate son???

Leo Cyrus Anthony Lascelles ???? - Peerage News | Google Groups
Old 03-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Lascelles/Velez Robledo engagement - Peerage News | Google Groups

according to this... Emily married Matthew Shard sometime last year and is now the mother of Twins!!! Heir to earldom Hon. Alexander is Probably the Son of Leo Cyrus Anthony.
Leo Cyrus Anthony Lascelles ???? - Peerage News | Google Groups

and An Engagement to announce Benjamin Lascelles, the illigitimate son Viscount David and Magaret Messenger is to Marry Carolina Velez Robeldo. they already got the queens permission to marry in that Privy Council thingy...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Nobility

married-
Hon. Benjamin Lascelles and Carolina Velez Robeldo married at Harewood House April 18th 2009
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMTLove23 View Post
married-
Hon. Benjamin Lascelles and Carolina Velez Robeldo married at Harewood House April 18th 2009
A wonderful location to marry...My congratulation to them!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
according to this... Emily married Matthew Shard sometime last year and is now the mother of Twins!!! ...

the Twins names are Ida and Isaac...
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
the Twins names are Ida and Isaac...
Who is your source?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Nobility

Ida Shard

Isaac Shard
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My source is Nobiliana.
They were born in August 2008
Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

BTW, as it is named in the start of the topic - is there still ANY interaction of ANYBODY from the family with the Lascelles? Seems to me, that they are absolutely out of everything

I think, when William was a kid, he had a very little connection with Lord Frederick and Lady Gabriella Windsor, especially Frederick. But I don't know for sure. Interesting is, that I saw pics of Lord Freddie meeting Kate Middleton on a party and it seemed, they got on quite familiar with eachother.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Nobility

I wouldn't imagine there is much Lacelles interaction among the younger generation. They are the Queen's cousins, which is a couple generations removed from them. I know my father's cousins, but I don't think I know any of my grandparents' cousins.

Tags
earl of harewood, james lascelles, martin lascelles, mary princess royal