The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NEither Katie Hopkins nor the DM reflect public opinion. And repeating what they write/say is risky. They have had to pay out substantial damages and legal costs to one family; and Hopkins just been sued and lost for twitter comments.
And thats just in the past few months.

It seems to me that the DM is the go to publication on this forum for many posters. Thats fine but it is not reflecting the general view. And that applies even more so to the appalling Mail online.
The Daily Fail is a lying manipulative newspaper, and the online version is (as you say) even worse. But the worst thing is that many (even on this forum) believe in it.

And the trolls in the DF comments section are (as I've said several times) a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic, ignorant, sick, spiteful bullies who hates everyone. And they represents a very tiny minority of the UK public, and many of them are from other countries.

Her we go again: (I don't know why I read this article)
Wills and Harry suffered. But will the public respect them | Daily Mail Online
Prince William says he and his wife want their children to ‘grow up feeling able to talk about their emotions and feelings’. He concedes there ‘may be a time and a place for the stiff upper lip, but not at the expense of your health’.

His comments follow revelations made by his brother Harry in another interview during which the younger Prince spoke frankly about how he sought counselling after two years of ‘total chaos’ in his late 20s brought about by the death of their mother Princess Diana in 1997.

Almost no one, I think, would criticise Prince Harry for his heartfelt confession. Deprived of his mother at 12 after she had been killed in a most horrific accident, and with a father who was perhaps not as understanding as he might have been, the young Harry’s predicament was truly dreadful.
No, you're always understanding when it comes to Harry, just not William. And (of course) you had to mention Charles again.

The stiff upper lip takes many forms. Our own dear Queen is a living model — as, indeed, is her husband, the imperturbable and perennially optimistic Duke of Edinburgh.

Her Majesty took on the burdens of monarchy at a relatively early age without apparent self-pity or complaint. Whatever grief she must have felt at the death of her beloved father, she did not express it in public.

The war generation were like that. They went through a lot — privation, rationing, bombing and, in some cases, personal loss — and on the whole they endured these setbacks quietly and patiently.
You don't have to use the Queen to criticize William. Have you forgotten her Annus horribilis speech.

Yes, I noticed that, TLLK and am pleased. I said yesterday to a British friend, that in spite of Twitter and journalists who should know better, (though Katie Hopkins is shameless) if just one person gets the courage to pick up a phone and call to get the help that they need then this initiative will be worth it.

The Heads Together campaign is spearheaded by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to end the stigma around mental health. This film captures a conversation between Their Royal Highnesses that occurred at Kensington Palace on the afternoon of Wednesday 19th April as they looked ahead to this weekend's Virgin Money London Marathon and reflected on the growth of the campaign over the last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45RqUmxDXiY&list=PLxRkJ0HO5SIfZ1ag-_g8t4AdTfjCQBjf-

Absolutely brilliant!

BBC Radio 1‏ @BBCR1
CONFIRMED: The Duke of Cambridge has texted in to Radio 1 and has received not one, but two on air shoutouts! ��
https://twitter.com/BBCR1/status/855446644371804160

BBC Radio 1‏ @BBCR1
It's time for the #OfficialChart with @GregJames...and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! YES. REALLY. ��
https://twitter.com/BBCR1/status/855438122464628736

BBC Radio 1‏ @BBCR1
William and Catherine share their memories of Radio 1's #BigWeekend in Bangor with @Scott_Mills and @Chris_Stark ��
https://twitter.com/BBCR1/status/855434746989486080

BBC Radio 1‏ @BBCR1
SURPRISE! @AdeleRoberts gets a special visit from The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ahead of her London Marathon run for @Heads_Together ❤️
https://twitter.com/BBCR1/status/855433146313064448

BBC News (UK)‏ @BBCNews
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge surprise @BBCR1 DJ in studio visit to discuss mental health
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/855452476304015360

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, absolutely brilliant! I hope they will not be criticized for that too.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have surprised a Radio 1 DJ by visiting the studio to discuss mental health.

Adele Roberts is running the London Marathon in aid of charity Heads Together, which is supported by Prince William and Catherine.

"Huge thanks to people like Adele," Prince William told hosts Scott Mills and Chris Stark.

The prince also revealed he had previously texted in to Radio 1, under an assumed name.

Along with song requests, he's also asked for - and got - a shout out from former Radio 1 DJ Sara Cox.

Speaking about their mental health campaign, Prince William described how "eye-opening" the experience had been.

"This issue of mental health is really brimming under the surface of public consciousness," he said.

Catherine said she was keen to promote the "power of a simple conversation" when it comes to tackling mental health.

She said young mums she had spoken to in the past had said talking about their feelings could be "like medicine".
Read more: Duke and Duchess surprise Radio 1 DJ as part of mental health campaign - BBC Newsbeat

:previous: Yes, absolutely brilliant! I hope they will not be criticized for that too.

I'm sure they will, everything they do will draw some degree of criticism, but hopefully they've come into this project understanding that anytime you try to lift a stigma someone will try to defend the status quo at your expense. It's just part of the territory, but if they stand strong they can ride out the storm knowing that they're doing the right thing.

The nation’s favourite Royal couple surprised BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills with their appearance on his show today.

Scott and his sidekick Chris Stark were midway through a game of ‘Real or No Real’ with fellow DJ Adele Roberts when the Royal pair made their entrance.

And the pair were praised on Twitter for their performance on the live show after making the surprise appearance.

Asked if they ever considered donning a fake beard to go out in disguise, he said: “It has crossed our mind - who’s to say we haven’t done that already?”

William and Kate also said they struggled to find a gift for the Queen’s 91st birthday, with the Duchess telling her husband: “You’re very good at making things. Now we have children around they can make things.”

People on Twitter flocked to praise the pair for their "natural" and "normal" performance.

Victoria Derbyshire tweeted: "How natural/normal were William and Kate on @BBCR1".
Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William shine during BBC Radio 1 appearance | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge read the Official Chart Top Ten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgOMbwiyIoI

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg, I loved it!!! I've been waiting for these two to do another joint interview since their engagement. This is 10 times better. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Cambridge!

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos/10156189182794968/

This is a charming short video with the Cambridges at the radio station talking about what they watch and some of the 'take-away' they eat.

LaRae

Omg, I loved it!!! I've been waiting for these two to do another joint interview since their engagement. This is 10 times better. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Cambridge!

Me too! Loved William poking fun at himself about getting in trouble for his dancing. HA!

Very cute...nice to see them in an informal setting talking about the mundane stuff.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Sunday Times

The Queen has backed the decision by the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry to speak out about their mental health, expressing her “pride” at the campaign they have spearheaded with the Duchess of Cambridge.

Their Heads Together scheme, tackling the stigma around mental health and encouraging people to speak more openly about their struggles, is the official charity of today’s London Marathon.

William, Kate and Harry are attending the race and have called for it to be known as the “mental health marathon”.

A royal aide said: “The Queen has always gone out of her way to be even-handed and recognise the work of all members of her family. But even so, there is a quiet pride in what her grandsons and the duchess have achieved.

“Everyone can see the campaign has struck a chord and that by speaking about their personal experiences they will hopefully encourage others to discuss their mental health.”

It is understood that William and Harry consulted the Queen, who celebrated her 91st birthday on Friday, before speaking publicly and she supported their decision.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/queens-pride-over-princes-mental-health-drive-95jk9k2tr

:previous:

Even though I know The Queen is very supportive of her family and their charitable work, it's good to hear she's backing the Cambridge's and Prince Harry.

From the Sunday Times

The Queen has backed the decision by the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry to speak out about their mental health, expressing her “pride” at the campaign they have spearheaded with the Duchess of Cambridge.

Their Heads Together scheme, tackling the stigma around mental health and encouraging people to speak more openly about their struggles, is the official charity of today’s London Marathon.

William, Kate and Harry are attending the race and have called for it to be known as the “mental health marathon”.

A royal aide said: “The Queen has always gone out of her way to be even-handed and recognise the work of all members of her family. But even so, there is a quiet pride in what her grandsons and the duchess have achieved.

“Everyone can see the campaign has struck a chord and that by speaking about their personal experiences they will hopefully encourage others to discuss their mental health.”

It is understood that William and Harry consulted the Queen, who celebrated her 91st birthday on Friday, before speaking publicly and she supported their decision.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/queens-pride-over-princes-mental-health-drive-95jk9k2tr

Oh that's such a sweet article. I love it. I think both the Queen and Charles have so much to be proud of here- this is the first really big signature accomplishment of the Cambridges and Harry on their own major initiative and marks a big step forward in their royal duties.

William, Catherine and Harry started Men's London Marathon 5 min ago

**Pic**

Last edited:
Not many occasions happen when Will and Harry are in the same place together that they don't take advantage of being together and just play off each other and turn it into a fun time. Its quite endearing I think.

It seems like the London Marathon was a huge success and everyone had a good time and they had a pretty nice day for it too.

They have a very good relationship, it comes across anytime you see them together.

LaRae

I love how the dominant narrative of the day is "Kate gets pissed at having water thrown on her" when the next pictures in the set show that the look on her face in the picture the british press printed was amusement.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Back
Top Bottom