The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a video of them released around the time of the London Marathon when Heads Together was really forming and it was mentioned that it was Catherine's idea

Enjoy :flowers:

Just saw the photos of mental health workers honored at BP reception hosted by Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. Lovely to see Duchess glowing in her pregnancy.

It’s so good to see TRH honoring mental health workers. It’s so good to see Catherine again. I truly missed seeing her on official duty. I hope she continue to get better.

Re: the ITN video, the close up of the belly really bothered me. Ick. Nice to see them on the issue together!

Great to see the duchess back ,HRH looked really lovely tonight at the reception at Buckingham Palace for World Mental Health Day.

Re: the ITN video, the close up of the belly really bothered me. Ick. Nice to see them on the issue together!

I'm so glad you said you were bothered by the belly close-up, I thought it might have been just me being old fashioned. Lovely to see HRH looking so well.

I agree! I remember watching a video of a visit where CP Mary was pregnant with the twins. The close ups of her belly were ridiculous and seriously bothered me. It took away from the actual importance of the visit.

Catherine just beamed the entire night. I bet she was glad to be out of the house and back in the land of the living. William looked like he was a bit worried, but she did fine. Taking it one step at a time.

I can only imagine how sick she was...and he got to see it for several weeks.

LaRae

She does look positively beaming, must feel all better, or better most of the time.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend #100DaystoPeace, a gala music evening in aid of @HelpforHeroes @CombatStress @Heads_Together on Thursday 6th September.

Presented by the @Royal_Armouries, the one-off concert at @CentralHall will mark the centenary of the end of #WW1.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend #100DaystoPeace, a gala music evening in aid of @HelpforHeroes @CombatStress @Heads_Together on Thursday 6th September.

Presented by the @Royal_Armouries, the one-off concert at @CentralHall will mark the centenary of the end of #WW1.

Very much looking forward to this & hopefully we get some video of the performances. Looks to be a very special night. [emoji4]

Moderators-If this has been posted elsewhere please remove my post.?
Interesting information from the National Office of Statistics. Their finds show that the numbers for male suicides in the UK have dropped to their lowest levels since 1981.

https://www.vogue.com/article/how-k...-may-have-just-changed-britain-for-the-better
One of the campaigns working to do just that is Heads Together, a foundation that aims to promote mental well-being and end the stigma surrounding mental health. It was started in 2016 as a joint effort between Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry. It was originally the Duchess’s idea: “It was Catherine who first realized that all three of us were working on mental health in our individual areas of focus,” Prince William said in a speech on World Mental Health Day. “She had seen that at the core of adult issues like addiction and family breakdown, unresolved childhood mental health issues were often part of the problem.”

Since then, the three have started a massive awareness campaign. They’ve made appearances, given speeches, and released a highly publicized public service announcement. Their official social media accounts blast their messages to millions of followers. But they’ve also worked on more tangible projects: Kate Middleton launched the Mentally Healthy Schools website, which gives advice and resources to elementary educators. Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex made a quiet visit to a U.K. army base.
And, perhaps most importantly, they’ve opened up about their own struggles. In a roundtable discussion, William said he leaned on Harry to help him cope with Diana’s death—“Losing our mother at a young age, it’s helped us travel through that difficult patch together. You’re like-minded. You go through similar things, it’s a bond and it’s something you know you’ve tackled together and come out better for it.” Prince Harry has talked about seeking professional help for his struggles.
The royal trio are far from the only ones working to end mental health stigma in the U.K. But they are certainly one of the most high-profile groups doing so—and the regular media coverage of all royal activities has no doubt helped spread their important message.

Last edited:
Hoping that the funds raised can be beneficial to the charities providing mental health care support for Britain's military personnel.

The Duke of Cambridge has emphasised the importance of keeping “mentally fit” as he welcomed a new collection of puzzles compiled by Britain’s master codebreakers.

In a foreword for the book created by intelligence agency GCHQ, William highlights the value of regularly focusing on the mind.

He writes: “It is an accepted part of life that we should keep physically fit, heading to the gym, out for a run, or playing a game of football.

“Sadly, we do not all put the same effort into keeping ourselves mentally fit.

“But just as physical activity is good for the body, regularly focusing on our mind can make an important difference in our lives.

“Whether it is taking some time out of our day to completely switch off, or to get lost in the puzzles of this book, keeping mentally fit as well as physically fit can play a valuable part of our routine.”

Read more: William welcomes new GCHQ puzzle book

Priced at £12.99, proceeds from sales of the book will go to the Heads Together mental health initiative led by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Oh! I want this book. I've always joked that getting up in the morning and doing a newspaper crossword puzzle along with my morning coffee was my jump start both physically and mentally.

I love William's focus on this aspect of mental health. :D

On Wednesday 13th February The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @100WomenFinance’s Gala Dinner at the V&A Museum London in aid of @Heads_Together's legacy programme ‘Mentally Healthy Schools’.

All proceeds from the Gala will go to The Royal Foundation’s initiative which was launched by The Duchess at the beginning of 2018 – which helps schools better support children's mental wellbeing by offering reliable and practical online resources:

Mentally Healthy Schools

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

On Wednesday 13th February The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @100WomenFinance’s Gala Dinner at the V&A Museum London in aid of @Heads_Together's legacy programme ‘Mentally Healthy Schools’.

All proceeds from the Gala will go to The Royal Foundation’s initiative which was launched by The Duchess at the beginning of 2018 – which helps schools better support children's mental wellbeing by offering reliable and practical online resources:

Mentally Healthy Schools

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Great, look forward to the evening!

KesingtonPalace @KensingtonRoyal

On Wednesday 3rd April The Duke of Sussex, as part of his ongoing work with @Heads_Together, will visit @YMCAEng_Wales in South Ealing to meet organisations supporting the mental health of teenagers and young adults.

Last edited:
That baby smiling at Harry and making all those expressions have to be the cutest things I've seen in a while.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily

April 3, 2019

At the @YMCAEng_Wales in South Ealing, The Duke of Sussex took part in a roundtable meeting with UK’s leading mental health charities and organisations, convened by @heads_together, a campaign launched by The Royal Foundation two years ago.

His Royal Highness met the ‘Mental Health Champions’, who provide a peer support programme in schools and around the community, education and awareness workshops and face-to-face counselling to those who need it.

Harry was in good form and good spirits during this engagement, (love the ballet moves,) making babies smile etc, in his usual way. Very cute.

:previous: Oh, I don't know. Harry demonstrating a ballet form for toddlers has got to be a contender. Totally adorable.

This whole video made me have the warm fuzzies all over. Perhaps if Harry hadn't been born into the family he was, he'd have made quite an excellent teacher for little ones. Kids just can't help but react to him in a positive way.

Methinks Harry has been doing yoga. He kept that pose without moving at all for a good amount of time. I'd have fallen over and landed on my face. :D

Back
Top Bottom