The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His comments will be seen as a rejection of the Royal Family’s ‘never complain, never explain’ approach, epitomised by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. They are said to have encouraged their grandsons to go hunting within hours of learning of their mother’s death – in an attempt to create some ‘normality’.

Neither prince mentions their father Charles in their interviews, though it is understood he was aware of Harry’s decision to speak openly about his grief.

A Clarence House spokesman told the Mail last night: ‘The Prince of Wales understands and supports Prince Harry’s decision to speak out on such an important issue.’
DF and Rebecca English is clery trying to stir up things, aren't they. And now they are even turning on the Queen.

The royals have managed to get Lady Gaga involved with this very worthwhile campaign. William is having a Face Time conversation with her in the latest video.

How sweet that William has a framed pic of Lupo sitting on that desk! Along with one of Harry wearing some cool sunglasses!

I've been very impressed with this campaign so far from William, Kate and Harry. They've been gradually ramping this up in a really effective way. I'm somewhat critical of some of the engagements royals do, it can be hard to figure out what the public benefit is. This, however, is an example of the royals using their positions for the public good. I'm not sure who else could really do this in this way.

The royals have managed to get Lady Gaga involved with this very worthwhile campaign. William is having a Face Time conversation with her in the latest video.

How sweet that William has a framed pic of Lupo sitting on that desk! Along with one of Harry wearing some cool sunglasses!

I've been very impressed with this campaign so far from William, Kate and Harry. They've been gradually ramping this up in a really effective way. I'm somewhat critical of some of the engagements royals do, it can be hard to figure out what the public benefit is. This, however, is an example of the royals using their positions for the public good. I'm not sure who else could really do this in this way.

I think his video was done in his office. There's an unpublished official photo of William and Catherine on their wedding day. He changed his uniform for it.

This campaign is beyond amazing indeed.

That's dog isn't Lupo. It's a Labrador. Probably Widgeon his old dog. William changed into the black frock coat uniform sometime during the reception. It's what he drove the Aston Martin in. That coat was the one he wanted to wear but the Queen told him to wear the red one.

Lady Gaga is really impressive on this video.

One thing that impresses me about the Royal Foundation started by W&K&H is that it has taken on issues that are so very pertinent to the world around us today and they're doing it on a global scale. We've seen the tremendous strides forward that has come from the Foundation's United for Wildlife and each day as I read here, Heads Together is getting bigger and better and reaching more people globally.

Its definitely starting a trend away from ribbon cutting and unveiling plaques and photo ops at a organization although with Heads Together, there aren't many places where these kind of things wouldn't be a reason to visit. From military, to youth, to conservation, these three are covering each area and addressing the concerns, the issues and the people that are involved with them and getting more and more people on board to spread the word.

In a world where heinous acts have stemmed from a person and no one had a clue of that person's mental state, W&K&H are setting a precedence by bringing mental health issues to light and to get people talking about them and finding solutions. I've heard too many times that mental health issues have been swept under the rug and not talked about and the giant stigma that surrounds have mental issues and that something should be done.

Will, Kate and Harry are doing just that. I seriously think that these three have started a movement that will not only benefit the people of the UK, but globally.

The power lies in the smarts to realize that using social media is the way to reach many, many people. Another smarts is bringing on board other people that have the ability to get people's attention. Heads Together really have put their Heads Together and are doing the most they can for Heads Together.

Did I mention Heads Together yet? :D

Lady Gaga has almost 66 million followers on Twitter alone. So even if a small percentage of her followers watched the video, it's still a whole lot of people

I have a very general question that relates to reporting on Harry's recent revelations about seeking help in his late 20s. And to Heads Together.

Here in the US, a "breakdown" is not technically a medical condition. Instead, it is any number of mental illnesses that lead to a short term state where someone cannot function normally in society. The medical condition is the the underlying mental illness (Depression as example) It matters to your insurer, your treatment and your approach to recovery. So, while people say "she had a breakdown," people in the US who actually treat mental illness tend to cringe at the term just a bit. As do many people I know who have lived through "a breakdown" or live with mental illness.

At least to practitioners and people I have known, they find the term "breakdown" overly dramatic and unhelpful, in terms of relief.

But that's just in the US and our psycological diagnostic system, so my general question is about mental health and Heads Together in the UK. Is mental breakdown more accepted there? It may be, as it is just semantics.

And I am NOT bashing Harry - I really am curious. And I don't want to stray far off topic - just understand the system in the UK a bit better. Thanks.

I'm going to take a stab at this. I am not a professional and this is just my guesstimation.

Mental issues and things like viruses and certain conditions all have an effect on the body and the body reacts. I would imagine that an actual "breakdown" is the effect that the cause (depression, bipolar etc) bring about in the human body. A exposure to poison ivy will give you an itch and a rash. Depression if not recognized and treated will cause the body to breakdown.

Last edited:
As I've said in other threads, the Cambridges received more praise from the press after it became known that William was likely to take on a full-time royal role. I expected it to continue, but then we had the Switzerland thing and the press turned on him again.

I have become slightly more negative recently, and I actually thought that William was going to get criticized for this as well, but I was thankfully wrong.

As I've said in other threads, the Cambridges received more praise from the press after it became known that William was likely to take on a full-time royal role. I expected it to continue, but then we had the Switzerland thing and the press turned on him again.

I have become slightly more negative recently, and I actually thought that William was going to get criticized for this as well, but I was thankfully wrong.

Untrue. They were negative before. Before Switzerland they fabricated the story that William and Catherine were responsible for the massive basement renovation of KP, something the press knew was untrue but they wanted a big headline hit piece, that they could later quietly retract with one hidden sentence.

As for this Head's Together Campaign, It's nice to see other posters responding so well to it. Personally, I'm not a fan of the over-sharing that the Queen's grandchildren seem to do. To me it's the emotional equivalent of posting a selfie on social media. So while others are clapping, I'm cringing. It's important to talk about your feelings and struggles with family and friends, and professional therapists if the conflict doesn't resolve itself, but the need to air it out to millions of strangers - it reminds me all too much of the wailing Sarah did on Oprah, or Diana's tell-alls. I like the old-school ways better. I like that Edward, Alexandra, and Michael don't bemoan to the media on a yearly basis the early loss of their father. I'm sure they dealt with the pain and frustration with those closest to them, but they don't seek the PR or the emotional validation from millions of strangers.

I can tell I'm in the minority on this, and that's fine. I just wanted to give a nod to the older royals, as I agree with them.

It seems that lately, every time I log on here, something different is in the works for Heads Together. One thing for sure is that it is keeping The Three Musketeers (W&K&H) quite active.

I think something like Heads Together is going to be the wave of the future as far as royal duties and engagements are going to be. One issue that covers many, many fields of interests, organizations and events. We've seen lately that one video with William and Lady Gaga has been tremendously followed and from London to LA, people are taking notice.

I may be wrong but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if somehow, Harry finagles a way to work Heads Together into the Invictus Games in Toronto. That would be totally awesome as many, many returning service personnel have mental issues when adapting back to civilian life especially those with injuries.

The more people know, the better. Knowledge is power.

Back
Top Bottom