The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Majesty

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
.@TheMixUK supports young people aged 13-25 & is one of the 8 @heads_together partner charities changing how we talk about mental health.

Kensington Palace‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke, Duchess, Prince Harry and @heads_together have been invited to join @TheMixUK Volunteer Christmas Party on 19 Dec.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...76624320331777

The Mix ‏@TheMixUK
We're delighted that TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge & Prince Harry @KensingtonRoyal @heads_together will be attending our Volunteer AGM
https://twitter.com/TheMixUK/status/806176717421367296

Old 12-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Iwan Thomas exclusive: I've never opened up to anyone like I did Prince Harry - he's a fantastic listener

Old 12-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge thanks Telegraph readers for helping tackle stigma of mental illness
Old 12-23-2016, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Someone over at the Telegraph has been nipping too much of the nog with the jog and didn't do some much needed research before submitting this article for publication.

Great article and its fantastic that HRH, The Duchess of Cambridge has thanked the Telegraph for their support of the Heads Together appeal. It just is too bad that they've relegated Kate to being the divorced spouse of The Duke of Cambridge.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Majesty

um, they refer to her as his wife, or as the royal couple throughout the entire article. If you are referring to Catherine, duchess of Cambridge. We have seen Princess Kate, duchess Kate, duchess Catherine......honestly this is the closest to proper, and anyone who isn't a royal fan likely would not see any difference. Camilla is often referred to as Camilla, duchess of Cornwall, and Sophie in the same way. And not just by the telegraph. At least they aren't calling her Kate Middleton as some do.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's so true. Maybe I expected the Telegraph to be more "correct". Come to think of it, if I had read that before joining here, I wouldn't have had a clue which use of a title was proper or incorrect. Shows to go ya how much I've learned just by being here eh?
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Majesty

PM Theresa May praised the work of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and their Heads Together campaign in a major policy speech

Quote:
I want us to employ the power of government as a force for good to transform the way we deal with mental health problems right across society, and at every stage of life.

For years the only people who have stood up for those with mental ill health have been civil society groups and charities. Now I want us to build upon your success and the fantastic work that many including those here today are doing.

Organisations such as Mind who have led the way in helping those experiencing mental health problems. The Heads Together campaign – and the fantastic leadership shown by their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry – that aims to break the stigma surrounding mental health problems.
Read more: https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...annual-meeting
Old 01-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will speak at a briefing Jan 17 to outline the next phase of their @heads_together campaign

TRH will outline their ambitions for @heads_together on 17 Jan, as the campaign intensifies in the run up to the @LondonMarathon.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...59578232832000

TRH will open up the campaign to organisations to become supporters to help get the country talking about mental health in 2017.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William, Princess Kate and Prince Harry are taking their mental health campaign to the small screen.

The royal trio are set to take part in a documentary for the BBC leading up to the London Marathon in April, according to reports Friday.

The royals are working with presenter Nick Knowles, who told The Sun, “I’m working on a mental health documentary with the young royals, which should come out around the time of the marathon. I can’t tell you anymore.”

Knowles also worked with William and Harry on the day that they helped renovate homes for injured or sick Armed Forces members on the BBC show DIYSOS in September 2015.
Read more: Prince William, Kate and Harry Set for Documentary on Mental Health Campaign
Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate, William and Harry launch new Heads Together phase | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics:

** gettyimages: The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge And Prince Harry Outline Plans For Heads Together Ahead Of The 2017 Virgin Money London **
Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Daily Mail article about this event is ridiculous. It's half way through the article until they mention what the royals said. The first part is a retrospective of Kate's recent hairdos and there is a Harry and Meghan bit.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:33 AM
Majesty

I don't think that one can't expect anything from th DM...
Old 01-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton pokes fun at William saying "I'll believe it when I see it" after he vows to run marathon - Mirror Online
Old 01-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you much eya for finding and posting this article. Although the title draws the eye because of the playful banter between a husband and wife, there is so much in this article that really expresses the need for each and every one of us to reach out when we need it. There is no one among us that hasn't had mental illnesses or crises in their lifetime.

The work of Heads Together (wonderfully apt title too) strives to let us all know that even though we may be going through something that we feel is unique and that no one in the entire world could possibly understand, the fact is that there have been others in the same situation, with the same feelings and emotions and that we're never alone or need to be.

Now, the big question is. If William does hold up to his vow to run a race in Kenya, will he be holding up a Harry mask in front of his face as he does it?

Old 01-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Daily Mail article about this event is ridiculous. It's half way through the article until they mention what the royals said. The first part is a retrospective of Kate's recent hairdos and there is a Harry and Meghan bit.
They didn't even say anything new. This campaign is honestly more hype than talk at this point.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

They did say new stuff- as the London marathon gets closer various people will be sharing their stories about how talking about their mental health issues helped them. The whole point is to remove the stigma from talking about your mental health. That's really not something that can be easily quantified like we want to raise a million dollars and we have raised 25K so far.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They did say new stuff- as the London marathon gets closer various people will be sharing their stories about how talking about their mental health issues helped them. The whole point is to remove the stigma from talking about your mental health. That's really not something that can be easily quantified like we want to raise a million dollars and we have raised 25K so far.
Yup. It's all about keeping the conversation going and removing the stigma

At today’s briefing for leaders from across UK society, Their Royal Highnesses said that 2017 marks a ‘tipping point’ for mental health in the UK and outlined how Heads Together aims to make this the year when millions of people talk about their mental health without fear of judgement.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
They didn't even say anything new. This campaign is honestly more hype than talk at this point.
This wasn't a launch it was a briefing by "Heads Together"

The Royals spoke but they weren't the only ones. I particularly liked what Rio Ferdinand had to say about issues in the macho football culture and also remembering that he just lost his wife (has 3 children).

As Skippyboo said, new things were said but this is about keeping the message in the public eye until it becomes the norm to talk about it. It's a campaign - like any other marketing campaign - and it will be ongoing.

The marathon is a great idea and there is also a documentary being transmitted around that time.

The Government is giving more funding, some of the more serious press is behind this campaign. There's more going on than a few words printed by a few papers. People need to use more than one source for information to get the entire picture.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This wasn't a launch it was a briefing by "Heads Together"

The Royals spoke but they weren't the only ones. I particularly liked what Rio Ferdinand had to say about issues in the macho football culture and also remembering that he just lost his wife (has 3 children).

As Skippyboo said, new things were said but this is about keeping the message in the public eye until it becomes the norm to talk about it. It's a campaign - like any other marketing campaign - and it will be ongoing.

The marathon is a great idea and there is also a documentary being transmitted around that time.

The Government is giving more funding, some of the more serious press is behind this campaign. There's more going on than a few words printed by a few papers. People need to use more than one source for information to get the entire picture.
I don't believe the stigma around mental health will be lessened by showing up at an event every few months. Encouraging people to talk is great, but does it provide support? People are being referred to charity partners but do charity partners actually receive more budget? Donations?

That's what is interesting to me. Raising awareness is fine, but when that's all there is to it, I'm not impressed.

But hey, if there are actual documents showing my potentionally unfounded opinion, that's fine too.