The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 12-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
That's so true. Maybe I expected the Telegraph to be more "correct". Come to think of it, if I had read that before joining here, I wouldn't have had a clue which use of a title was proper or incorrect. Shows to go ya how much I've learned just by being here eh?
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,969
PM Theresa May praised the work of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and their Heads Together campaign in a major policy speech


Quote:
I want us to employ the power of government as a force for good to transform the way we deal with mental health problems right across society, and at every stage of life.

For years the only people who have stood up for those with mental ill health have been civil society groups and charities. Now I want us to build upon your success and the fantastic work that many including those here today are doing.

Organisations such as Mind who have led the way in helping those experiencing mental health problems. The Heads Together campaign – and the fantastic leadership shown by their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry – that aims to break the stigma surrounding mental health problems.
Read more: https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...annual-meeting
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,969
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will speak at a briefing Jan 17 to outline the next phase of their @heads_together campaign

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
TRH will outline their ambitions for @heads_together on 17 Jan, as the campaign intensifies in the run up to the @LondonMarathon.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...59578232832000

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
TRH will open up the campaign to organisations to become supporters to help get the country talking about mental health in 2017.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,969
Quote:
Prince William, Princess Kate and Prince Harry are taking their mental health campaign to the small screen.

The royal trio are set to take part in a documentary for the BBC leading up to the London Marathon in April, according to reports Friday.

The royals are working with presenter Nick Knowles, who told The Sun, “I’m working on a mental health documentary with the young royals, which should come out around the time of the marathon. I can’t tell you anymore.”

Knowles also worked with William and Harry on the day that they helped renovate homes for injured or sick Armed Forces members on the BBC show DIYSOS in September 2015.
Read more: Prince William, Kate and Harry Set for Documentary on Mental Health Campaign
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 AM
eya eya is online now
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,208
Kate, William and Harry launch new Heads Together phase | Daily Mail Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:25 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 37,734



Here are some more pics:


** gettyimages: The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge And Prince Harry Outline Plans For Heads Together Ahead Of The 2017 Virgin Money London **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
The Daily Mail article about this event is ridiculous. It's half way through the article until they mention what the royals said. The first part is a retrospective of Kate's recent hairdos and there is a Harry and Meghan bit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-17-2017, 09:33 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
I don't think that one can't expect anything from th DM...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-17-2017, 01:12 PM
eya eya is online now
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,208
Kate Middleton pokes fun at William saying "I'll believe it when I see it" after he vows to run marathon - Mirror Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
Thank you much eya for finding and posting this article. Although the title draws the eye because of the playful banter between a husband and wife, there is so much in this article that really expresses the need for each and every one of us to reach out when we need it. There is no one among us that hasn't had mental illnesses or crises in their lifetime.

The work of Heads Together (wonderfully apt title too) strives to let us all know that even though we may be going through something that we feel is unique and that no one in the entire world could possibly understand, the fact is that there have been others in the same situation, with the same feelings and emotions and that we're never alone or need to be.

Now, the big question is. If William does hold up to his vow to run a race in Kenya, will he be holding up a Harry mask in front of his face as he does it?
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Daily Mail article about this event is ridiculous. It's half way through the article until they mention what the royals said. The first part is a retrospective of Kate's recent hairdos and there is a Harry and Meghan bit.
They didn't even say anything new. This campaign is honestly more hype than talk at this point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
They did say new stuff- as the London marathon gets closer various people will be sharing their stories about how talking about their mental health issues helped them. The whole point is to remove the stigma from talking about your mental health. That's really not something that can be easily quantified like we want to raise a million dollars and we have raised 25K so far.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They did say new stuff- as the London marathon gets closer various people will be sharing their stories about how talking about their mental health issues helped them. The whole point is to remove the stigma from talking about your mental health. That's really not something that can be easily quantified like we want to raise a million dollars and we have raised 25K so far.
Yup. It's all about keeping the conversation going and removing the stigma



At today’s briefing for leaders from across UK society, Their Royal Highnesses said that 2017 marks a ‘tipping point’ for mental health in the UK and outlined how Heads Together aims to make this the year when millions of people talk about their mental health without fear of judgement.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
They didn't even say anything new. This campaign is honestly more hype than talk at this point.
This wasn't a launch it was a briefing by "Heads Together"

The Royals spoke but they weren't the only ones. I particularly liked what Rio Ferdinand had to say about issues in the macho football culture and also remembering that he just lost his wife (has 3 children).

As Skippyboo said, new things were said but this is about keeping the message in the public eye until it becomes the norm to talk about it. It's a campaign - like any other marketing campaign - and it will be ongoing.

The marathon is a great idea and there is also a documentary being transmitted around that time.

The Government is giving more funding, some of the more serious press is behind this campaign. There's more going on than a few words printed by a few papers. People need to use more than one source for information to get the entire picture.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This wasn't a launch it was a briefing by "Heads Together"

The Royals spoke but they weren't the only ones. I particularly liked what Rio Ferdinand had to say about issues in the macho football culture and also remembering that he just lost his wife (has 3 children).

As Skippyboo said, new things were said but this is about keeping the message in the public eye until it becomes the norm to talk about it. It's a campaign - like any other marketing campaign - and it will be ongoing.

The marathon is a great idea and there is also a documentary being transmitted around that time.

The Government is giving more funding, some of the more serious press is behind this campaign. There's more going on than a few words printed by a few papers. People need to use more than one source for information to get the entire picture.
I don't believe the stigma around mental health will be lessened by showing up at an event every few months. Encouraging people to talk is great, but does it provide support? People are being referred to charity partners but do charity partners actually receive more budget? Donations?

That's what is interesting to me. Raising awareness is fine, but when that's all there is to it, I'm not impressed.

But hey, if there are actual documents showing my potentionally unfounded opinion, that's fine too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
People are raising money. They are raising money by running in the London Marathon. That money going to the member charities like Mind, Place2B etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-19-2017, 05:45 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,124
Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I don't believe the stigma around mental health will be lessened by showing up at an event every few months. Encouraging people to talk is great, but does it provide support? People are being referred to charity partners but do charity partners actually receive more budget? Donations?

That's what is interesting to me. Raising awareness is fine, but when that's all there is to it, I'm not impressed.

But hey, if there are actual documents showing my potentionally unfounded opinion, that's fine too.

I am someone who deals w/Depression & PTSD, has Family Members dealing w/Bi Polar & a Cousin who died because walking in the bush was one of the few things that kept the Voices quiet. While doing that on a February night five years ago he became lost, decided to lie down near an old tree that had fallen down for shelter & passed away due to the cold from what the Authorities were able to figure out from both finding him & what the Family told them. As someone who deals w/& has a Family History of Mental Illness, I find your post to be both incredibly ignorant & unbelievably maddening.

Do you have any idea the impact of "just raising awareness" on something like Mental Health entails? Or having people like William, Kate and Harry take it on so publicly?

Obviously not. I'm sorry "just raising awareness" is so meaningless to you. For those of us dealing w/some form of it, having them & here in Canada, Olympic Champion Speed Skater Clara Hughes among others, in our corner & openly talking about it, therefore helping to make it okay to talk about? That is far from being meaningless.


Do you have any idea how long it's taken me to talk about things that have happened to me, such as being stalked or the things that trigger my PTSD/Panic Attacks, w/my own Doctor!?! Close to 15 years. I was too scared in case I was told it was all in my head. And I knew thanks to other Medical stuff we've battled getting resolved he would never do that to me. All thanks to the stigma attached to Mental Illness. The various Awareness campaigns these past few years not only given me, but countless others out there, the courage to finally talk about it w/out fear of ridicule or shame.

I'm beyond sad you seem to think "just raising awareness" is meaningless. It is anything but!!


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-19-2017, 09:19 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I am someone who deals w/Depression & PTSD, has Family Members dealing w/Bi Polar & a Cousin who died because walking in the bush was one of the few things that kept the Voices quiet. While doing that on a February night five years ago he became lost, decided to lie down near an old tree that had fallen down for shelter & passed away due to the cold from what the Authorities were able to figure out from both finding him & what the Family told them. As someone who deals w/& has a Family History of Mental Illness, I find your post to be both incredibly ignorant & unbelievably maddening.

Do you have any idea the impact of "just raising awareness" on something like Mental Health entails? Or having people like William, Kate and Harry take it on so publicly?

Obviously not. I'm sorry "just raising awareness" is so meaningless to you. For those of us dealing w/some form of it, having them & here in Canada, Olympic Champion Speed Skater Clara Hughes among others, in our corner & openly talking about it, therefore helping to make it okay to talk about? That is far from being meaningless.


Do you have any idea how long it's taken me to talk about things that have happened to me, such as being stalked or the things that trigger my PTSD/Panic Attacks, w/my own Doctor!?! Close to 15 years. I was too scared in case I was told it was all in my head. And I knew thanks to other Medical stuff we've battled getting resolved he would never do that to me. All thanks to the stigma attached to Mental Illness. The various Awareness campaigns these past few years not only given me, but countless others out there, the courage to finally talk about it w/out fear of ridicule or shame.

I'm beyond sad you seem to think "just raising awareness" is meaningless. It is anything but!!


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I'm sorry for what you went/are going through. Mental health and illness has such a stigma too it that people don't want to talk about it because of all the negative, cultural/historical aspects of it.
And when people do talk about it and/or are raising awareness to remove the stigma we get people who are condescending about the people who are dealing or trying to raised awareness.
"Just raising awareness" as the tone deaf people like to call it is never meaningless, for any illness. One doesn't just raise awareness for a year and stop. That not the way it works, especially for mental health that has been stigmatize for centuries
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I am someone who deals w/Depression & PTSD, has Family Members dealing w/Bi Polar & a Cousin who died because walking in the bush was one of the few things that kept the Voices quiet. While doing that on a February night five years ago he became lost, decided to lie down near an old tree that had fallen down for shelter & passed away due to the cold from what the Authorities were able to figure out from both finding him & what the Family told them. As someone who deals w/& has a Family History of Mental Illness, I find your post to be both incredibly ignorant & unbelievably maddening.

Do you have any idea the impact of "just raising awareness" on something like Mental Health entails? Or having people like William, Kate and Harry take it on so publicly?

Obviously not. I'm sorry "just raising awareness" is so meaningless to you. For those of us dealing w/some form of it, having them & here in Canada, Olympic Champion Speed Skater Clara Hughes among others, in our corner & openly talking about it, therefore helping to make it okay to talk about? That is far from being meaningless.


Do you have any idea how long it's taken me to talk about things that have happened to me, such as being stalked or the things that trigger my PTSD/Panic Attacks, w/my own Doctor!?! Close to 15 years. I was too scared in case I was told it was all in my head. And I knew thanks to other Medical stuff we've battled getting resolved he would never do that to me. All thanks to the stigma attached to Mental Illness. The various Awareness campaigns these past few years not only given me, but countless others out there, the courage to finally talk about it w/out fear of ridicule or shame.

I'm beyond sad you seem to think "just raising awareness" is meaningless. It is anything but!!


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Where did I say it's meaningless? Nowhere.
I have dealt with my own stuff, I have people in my family who struggle with addiction. I know it's important to talk. But it's also extremely important to support organizations in the form of funds and donations to help them deal with the increasing amount of people that take up their services and strain the budget even more. Smaller organizations need extra budget, especially ones with phone lines.

From the point of view of an organization and policy, it is extremely important to think further than just raising awareness.

You have read my post and decided it was personal, which one, it is not, two, laid words in my mouth I never spoke.

That said, no I am not impressed when the three of them show up once every few weeks/months.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-19-2017, 11:19 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
You have to admit though that even if the Three Musketeers (W&K&H) show up just every now and then and promote something such as Head Together, it doesn't take long for the word to get out that this is what they've done and why they've done it and it reaches far more people that would be possible donors than you or I pounding the pavement for a cause 24/7 would.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The German-Austrian Royal, Princely and Mediatised Families & their Heads Marengo Royal Families of Austria and Germany 16 09-13-2016 05:13 AM
"Hottest Heads of State" Poll - How They Ranked! Butterwicke General Royal Discussion 18 01-30-2012 05:40 PM
Scandinavian Heads of State at 1000th Anniversary Celebrations of Lithuania; July '09 ursulajohanna Royal International Events 13 07-11-2009 04:29 PM




Popular Tags
archduchess marie astrid beatrice (1986- ) birthday birthday celebration carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of york earl of snowdon family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news pablo urdangarín pieter van vollenhoven portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess mary fashion princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia rohan family romania spanish jewels spanish state visit to japan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear uae nature victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises