The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2019, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
. They need to fix their system because it is flawed.

Their system is The Queen...

Old 10-08-2019, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Their system is The Queen...
She is human and can also be flawed. Nothing is perfect and this is far from it. The CC makes no sense a lot of the time. You especially see it on royal tours and how things are counted or not. I mean heck the website that represents this family is in major need of an update as outdated info is still all over it.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
This makes zero sense as they all to put in the same amount of time. Mr Curtis traveled to all four of them and recorded it. So how is it official for the Cambriges and private for the Sussexes yet launched as an official campaign. They need to fix their system because it is flawed.
We do not know what the engagement with Richard Curtis was. Am I right in speculating that there has been no confirmation that when the Cambridge's received Richard Curtis, it was only to record the audio?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Majesty

I agree. The CC entry suggests the Cambridges had a formal meeting with Mr Curtis in addition to recording the audio.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Engagements are tallied differently by everyone who does them and the royals themselves do NOT publish a tally. They simply put out a record of the official events. People, like me, then do a count. I have recently seen articles comparing the number of days Camilla has worked with the number of engagements the Queen has done to put down Camilla. The 'official' count that comes out at the end of each year is, like mine, simply done by a fan and has nothing official about it.

Two royals can attend the same event - for one it is an official event while for the other it isn't e.g. earlier this year there was an official event at the National Gallery for Catherine. Beatrice was also there but she wasn't there officially and so not in the CC.

The Queen makes the decision. If you think it should be done better - write and tell her.

What goes into the CC also changes over time e.g. in 1997 pretty well every time a royal went overseas (and they seem to have done a lot more then than they do now) there was an official farewell at the airport with the Ambassador/High Commissioner of the country/ies to be visited present to 'farewell' the royals. The Queen and Philip were also officially welcomed home. Either that no longer happens or if it does it is no longer recorded.
I know this is your style and manner, but I have been a royal watcher for many, many years so yes, I actually DO know how this all works officially so the unnecessary explanation isn't helpful.

My point about the system (different people counting different things in different ways with no real official metric) being flawed and lacking in transparency still stands.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
...I actually DO know how this all works officially so the unnecessary explanation isn't helpful.

I thought, it was interesting, since I am not an expert. So, the explanation was not in vain!
Old 11-12-2019, 06:40 AM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a Shout's Crisis Volunteer celebration event in London today, November 12:

** gettyimages gallery ** video ** dailymail article ** rex gallery **
Old 11-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see William and Catherine at this event today!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 12th November:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning attended Shout's Crisis Volunteer Workshop at Troubadour White City Theatre, 201 Wood Lane, London W12.