The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would hope the media and everyone else will start acknowledging that this whole campaign was brought about by Catherine and it has grown to this amazing campaign. I don’t think she’s given much credit by the media. I’m glad William has mentioned this though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I noticed that too. It was a wonderful idea and perfect to utilize and draw together various organizations to all work together on this.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
So often, we as royal watchers, need a big electric prod on the back of the front to really come to grips as to how much those that we watch and admire are just as human as the rest of us are.

I know some people have really criticized both William and Harry for "speaking out" on the trauma they've suffered and how they both were affected by it and the time it took to come to a realization of how to process it. I don't. For me, the work that is being done to raise awareness of the need to address and deal with mental issues is all the more poignantly stressed as we realize that it can and does affect any of us no matter what our background or position in life. No one is immune.

We're seeing the upcoming "face" of the monarchy becoming more and more relevant to the people because we're starting to *know* and see these figures as real human beings and not clothes horses or gongs on the chest or titles and rank.

Its long been a truism for me that one can only communicate to another person in a language that they can understand. William and Harry's openness about what they went through resulting from the untimely death of their mother reaches out to us all at a human level and even allows us to identify with them more fully and appreciate what they're trying to do not only for themselves, but for everyone around them.
So eloquently stated Osipi. I too didn’t know it was Catherine’s idea for Heads Together. It’s wonderful to watch the “face” of the monarchy evolve. One can only feel pride and look forward of things to come
Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I guess this goes here;
Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge returns to royal duties | Daily Mail Online

Heads Together Event this evening with Catherine in attendance.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Majesty

Terrible picture quality....can't make out much about the dress or Kate either one!

Very glad she is out in public again!

LaRae
Old 10-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Nobility

There was a video of them released around the time of the London Marathon when Heads Together was really forming and it was mentioned that it was Catherine's idea

Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Just saw the photos of mental health workers honored at BP reception hosted by Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. Lovely to see Duchess glowing in her pregnancy.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

ITN video from the reception at BP:
Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s so good to see TRH honoring mental health workers. It’s so good to see Catherine again. I truly missed seeing her on official duty. I hope she continue to get better.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Re: the ITN video, the close up of the belly really bothered me. Ick. Nice to see them on the issue together!
Old 10-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great to see the duchess back ,HRH looked really lovely tonight at the reception at Buckingham Palace for World Mental Health Day.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Re: the ITN video, the close up of the belly really bothered me. Ick. Nice to see them on the issue together!
I'm so glad you said you were bothered by the belly close-up, I thought it might have been just me being old fashioned. Lovely to see HRH looking so well.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I agree! I remember watching a video of a visit where CP Mary was pregnant with the twins. The close ups of her belly were ridiculous and seriously bothered me. It took away from the actual importance of the visit.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine just beamed the entire night. I bet she was glad to be out of the house and back in the land of the living. William looked like he was a bit worried, but she did fine. Taking it one step at a time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Majesty

I can only imagine how sick she was...and he got to see it for several weeks.

LaRae
Old 10-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

She does look positively beaming, must feel all better, or better most of the time.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
A wonderful speech by Stephen Fry on #WMHD at the reception at Buckingham Palace-
https://mobile.twitter.com/heads_tog...22600341090305

Video:
Great Summary of the event and interviews-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...91267191848960

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...348466176?s=21

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend #100DaystoPeace, a gala music evening in aid of @HelpforHeroes @CombatStress @Heads_Together on Thursday 6th September.

Presented by the @Royal_Armouries, the one-off concert at @CentralHall will mark the centenary of the end of #WW1.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...348466176?s=21

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend #100DaystoPeace, a gala music evening in aid of @HelpforHeroes @CombatStress @Heads_Together on Thursday 6th September.

Presented by the @Royal_Armouries, the one-off concert at @CentralHall will mark the centenary of the end of #WW1.

Very much looking forward to this & hopefully we get some video of the performances. Looks to be a very special night.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Moderators-If this has been posted elsewhere please remove my post.
Interesting information from the National Office of Statistics. Their finds show that the numbers for male suicides in the UK have dropped to their lowest levels since 1981.

https://www.vogue.com/article/how-ka...for-the-better
Quote:
One of the campaigns working to do just that is Heads Together, a foundation that aims to promote mental well-being and end the stigma surrounding mental health. It was started in 2016 as a joint effort between Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry. It was originally the Duchess’s idea: “It was Catherine who first realized that all three of us were working on mental health in our individual areas of focus,” Prince William said in a speech on World Mental Health Day. “She had seen that at the core of adult issues like addiction and family breakdown, unresolved childhood mental health issues were often part of the problem.”

Quote:
Since then, the three have started a massive awareness campaign. They’ve made appearances, given speeches, and released a highly publicized public service announcement. Their official social media accounts blast their messages to millions of followers. But they’ve also worked on more tangible projects: Kate Middleton launched the Mentally Healthy Schools website, which gives advice and resources to elementary educators. Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex made a quiet visit to a U.K. army base.
And, perhaps most importantly, they’ve opened up about their own struggles. In a roundtable discussion, William said he leaned on Harry to help him cope with Diana’s death—“Losing our mother at a young age, it’s helped us travel through that difficult patch together. You’re like-minded. You go through similar things, it’s a bond and it’s something you know you’ve tackled together and come out better for it.” Prince Harry has talked about seeking professional help for his struggles.
Quote:
The royal trio are far from the only ones working to end mental health stigma in the U.K. But they are certainly one of the most high-profile groups doing so—and the regular media coverage of all royal activities has no doubt helped spread their important message.