The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see that she responded to this fake story involving her and her company.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal trio are ‘mental health game changers after their campaign helped charity | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

I think these three royals have totally brought mental health awareness back to the UK's attention. We need this to be done in our country too. Don't know who's willing to lead on the issues though. We're pretty leaderless across the pond.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-29-2017, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William was interviewed for British GQ for June as part of the headstogether campaign.
Mens fashion, Girls, Entertainment, Cars | British GQ

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA_ARY7WsAELoXJ.jpg

Also features a new Cambridge family picture.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA_AgiIXsAAbAnD.jpg
Old 05-29-2017, 06:06 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A link to the article that discusses the interview, with some quote snippets:
Prince William on mental health and Diana's death | British GQ
Old 05-29-2017, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Love the new Cambridge Family photo!
Old 05-29-2017, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William speaks candidly about Princess Diana | Daily Mail Online
'It's taken me 20 years to come to terms with my mother's death': Prince William reveals his regret that Princess Diana didn't get to meet Kate or her grandchildren as he poses for family photoshoot

Old 06-01-2017, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Read William's whole interview, and, I must say, I was totally blown away by it. William not only talked about mental health but, also very deeply about his mother, her death- his reaction and the public and media reaction. He also touched on her relationship with the media and the games that were played by both sides. He talked about his own family are the future of the monarchy.

If you want to read an interview from a very open and honest Prince William...this is it!

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
So often, we as royal watchers, need a big electric prod on the back of the front to really come to grips as to how much those that we watch and admire are just as human as the rest of us are.

I know some people have really criticized both William and Harry for "speaking out" on the trauma they've suffered and how they both were affected by it and the time it took to come to a realization of how to process it. I don't. For me, the work that is being done to raise awareness of the need to address and deal with mental issues is all the more poignantly stressed as we realize that it can and does affect any of us no matter what our background or position in life. No one is immune.

We're seeing the upcoming "face" of the monarchy becoming more and more relevant to the people because we're starting to *know* and see these figures as real human beings and not clothes horses or gongs on the chest or titles and rank.

Its long been a truism for me that one can only communicate to another person in a language that they can understand. William and Harry's openness about what they went through resulting from the untimely death of their mother reaches out to us all at a human level and even allows us to identify with them more fully and appreciate what they're trying to do not only for themselves, but for everyone around them.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
So often, we as royal watchers, need a big electric prod on the back of the front to really come to grips as to how much those that we watch and admire are just as human as the rest of us are.

I know some people have really criticized both William and Harry for "speaking out" on the trauma they've suffered and how they both were affected by it and the time it took to come to a realization of how to process it. I don't. For me, the work that is being done to raise awareness of the need to address and deal with mental issues is all the more poignantly stressed as we realize that it can and does affect any of us no matter what our background or position in life. No one is immune.

We're seeing the upcoming "face" of the monarchy becoming more and more relevant to the people because we're starting to *know* and see these figures as real human beings and not clothes horses or gongs on the chest or titles and rank.

Its long been a truism for me that one can only communicate to another person in a language that they can understand. William and Harry's openness about what they went through resulting from the untimely death of their mother reaches out to us all at a human level and even allows us to identify with them more fully and appreciate what they're trying to do not only for themselves, but for everyone around them.
Osipi, what a great comment and I couldn't agree more. I'm truly impressed by what the Cambridge's and Harry are doing with Heads Together and I fully support this campaign journey. There's a lot of work to do.

This interview was an eye opener for sure. I'm surprised there's not a lot of reaction to it so far.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Majesty

Another article on William's interview
"In a wide-ranging interview with Tony Blair's notorious former spin doctor Alastair Campbell, William revealed he is interested in politics and can feel 'frustrated' by the constraints his position places on him."
Prince William reveals his interest in politics to GQ | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm just picking up on the fact that the Heads Together Campaign was The Duchess of Cambridge's idea. It wasn't something the media picked up on nor highlighted. William and Harry mentioned this in the video the trio made on mental health.

A.W. TOZER