The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why are some asking for this project to be led by a British celebrity?

Is mental health a British/Commonwealth-only issue? I'm confused as to why some don't see Oprah—with her years of production, television, and movie experience—wouldn't be a good fit to produce a series of shows.

Lyonnaise-Just my own opinion that a UK/Commonwealth public figure might be a good option. Ms. Winfrey is an excellent interviewer, but IMO she's not the best option. ?

As I had said earlier -
Last month Prince Charles appointed Lionel Richie (American) a global ambassador for The Prince’s Trust International; a charity set up and run by Prince Charles. Folks can work together "across the Isle" - for the common good.

Last edited:
That's an excellent question that I have no answer for as I am not aware who might be the UK's version of Oprah Winfrey. So I typed " Who is the UK's most trusted public figure?" and came up with this link. Please note that the article is from 2018.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...bama-piers-morgan-boris-johnson-a8143096.html

I've "bolded" anyone who was from the UK. Stephen Hawking is now deceased. If we remove #'s 4,5, and 7 that leaves Sir David Attenbourgh and Dame Judi Dench who do have some on camera experience.

Dame Judi Dench has participated in last year's Mental Health Minute Campaign.

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/new...eness-mental-health-foundation-flash-response

I don't think trust the only issue here. We are not just talking about someone in front of the camera, in fact, we don't even know what their role is in front of the camera. We are also talking about production experience, ability to interview people, and passion about this specific topic.

Which I believe that those two candidates that I mentioned are capable of providing. ? However you and I can certainly agree to disagree.

Lyonnaise-Just my own opinion that a UK/Commonwealth public figure might be a good option. Ms. Winfrey is an excellent interviewer, but IMO she's not the best option. ?

Apologies, but you still didn't answer the question. Why a UK/Commonwealth public figure?

The way I'm looking at it: Whomever first posted about this project decided to put it under the Heads Together thread, but we have no confirmation that it's a Heads Together initiative. This could have also gone under Harry's Current Events thread.

So, we have Harry and PERSON doing a global mental health documentary. The word global was used in the Instagram post ("sharing global stories of unparalleled human spirit")

Why then must PERSON be UK/Commonwealth? Is that just a preference on your part, because Harry is a British prince or is there a particular reasoning?

(I hope this doesn't come off confrontational. I do really want to understand why.)

Apologies, but you still didn't answer the question. Why a UK/Commonwealth public figure?

The way I'm looking at it: Whomever first posted about this project decided to put it under the Heads Together thread, but we have no confirmation that it's a Heads Together initiative. This could have also gone under Harry's Current Events thread.

So, we have Harry and PERSON doing a global mental health documentary. The word global was used in the Instagram post ("sharing global stories of unparalleled human spirit")

Why then must PERSON be UK/Commonwealth? Is that just a preference on your part, because Harry is a British prince or is there a particular reasoning?

(I hope this doesn't come off confrontational. I do really want to understand why.)

No worries Lyonnaise. I don't find that you are being confrontational at all. IMO considering Harry's role with the Commonwealth I believe that choosing to partner with a public figure from one of those member nations would be a better option.?

No worries Lyonnaise. I don't find that you are being confrontational at all. IMO considering Harry's role with the Commonwealth I believe that choosing to partner with a public figure from one of those member nations would be a better option.?

OPRAH HAD A BILLION REASONS... Why I Picked Apple TV Over OWN for Harry Series.

Check out the vid ... she hints that Apple TV has a bigger reach than OWN, which was launched in 2011 in just over 80 million homes. And therein lies the answer ... OWN's reach is only in the millions.

As you know ... she teamed up with the Duke of Sussex to co-produce a new series focusing on mental health. It's slated to debut next year on Apple TV. It's an issue that hits close to home ... so reaching a much bigger audience for such an important topic proved paramount.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/11/opra...apple-series-executive-producers-own-network/

Has nothing to do with her recent relationship with Apple TV at all...

Seems to me that the most important thing about this documentary is not who is behind it or where its going to be shown at but rather the importance lies in the message itself and that it reaches the maximum amount of people as possible. ?

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke & Duchess of Sussex have announced the launch of 'Shout' - a free text message service offering 24/7 support to anyone in crisis. Based on Crisis Text Line in the US, this (very much needed) support network is the first of its kind in the UK.

In a video, Prince William has appealed for more Shout volunteers (they hope to reach 4000 by the end of year). You can do it from your sofa and choose the hours that work best for you.

https://www.giveusashout.org

It seems to be a very interesting project.

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke & Duchess of Sussex have announced the launch of 'Shout' - a free text message service offering 24/7 support to anyone in crisis. Based on Crisis Text Line in the US, this (very much needed) support network is the first of its kind in the UK.

For my understanding, is it new is that you can now text and previously you had to call - no option to text or send an app? Or were there no crisis hotlines available at all in the UK?

He revealed that the Shout service has been quietly trialled over the last year during which it has already helped 60,000 people.
Wonderful to see that Shout service has already assisted 60,000 people in the UK last year and hopefully will be able to reach even more people in crisis.

He told how “Harry, Meghan, Katherine and I” had been closely involved with developing Shout over the past 12 months.
The project is the first joint initiative since the Duchess of Sussex joined the Royal family last year, and yesterday’s announcement the first since the couples formally separated their households amid rumours of contrasting working styles.

SHOUT for support in a crisis

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxRvxA9Bz0v/

"Earlier last year, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex began supporting this vital program behind the scenes by hosting a meeting at Kensington Palace with contributors and partners.

Last November, Their Royal Highnesses also made a surprise visit to meet with a group of Shout volunteers, and participated in a panel with mental health activist @bryonygordon hearing firsthand how the volunteers have found making the connection with vulnerable texters, a majority of whom are under 25, so rewarding - helping to get them through a moment of crisis to a calmer place, and giving them courage to find longer-term support."

"#IYCMI @GiveUsAShout a new 24/7 text messaging helpline for people in crisis, launched today. Piloted in @Place2Be secondary schools, Shout is now available across the UK"

Via Place2Be Twitter

The Duchess of Cambridge has been royal patron of Place2Be since 2012

"Funny moment yesterday as William watched the new promotional video he stars in for #Shout As he appeared on screen saying a slightly cheesy ‘hello’, he gave an embarrassed groan and put his hand over his face. Kate (I was sitting directly behind them, so could see) cracked up."

Via Rebecca English Twitter

Wow, this Instagram post on the Sussex account appears to clarify and expand on the announcement William presented yesterday regarding the launch of Shout. The Sussexes point out their early involvement in meetings last fall supporting the Shout program, which is also described as an "extension of the Heads Together initiative backed by the DDoC and the DDoS." So, IOW, the Shout program is something that the Sussexes were more involved in supporting early on:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxRvxA9Bz0v/

More details on the Shout project offered here, along with a very poignant anecdote re a conversation Harry had yesterday at the Hague Invictus celebration with a wounded former soldier. Harry discussed Diana and his new baby son, Archie:
https://www.celebitchy.com/620718/p...mother_is_like_missing_some_kind_of_security/

Last edited:
Wonderful to hear about Shout and how it's helped so many already. It's great that the Sussexes and Cambridges have launched the platform as from personal experience, British schools don't take bullying and the mental health effects bullying can have seriously enough - sadly I can imagine Shout will be a busy helpline. It's also great that it's an SMS helpline since for many with anxiety, calling someone can a big task, so SMS accommodates everyone.

I was surprise to see heart the event, she just gave birth nd the baby needs to be fed every 2 hours right?

Babies eat whenever they are hungry ..most women feed on demand now days. However it is quite possible she is pumping her milk and that they are also using a bottle to feed him when she has to be away

LaRae

I was surprise to see heart the event, she just gave birth nd the baby needs to be fed every 2 hours right?

Which event was she at? If you are referring to the SHOUT event, that was back in November. It was an embargoed event that only became public yesterday.

Shout seems like it could be a useful service and I hope it proves effective.
Support from royals, and other well known people, illuminates Shout so the more royals to announce it, the better.

“#HeadsUp, our joint campaign with @heads_together to spark the biggest-ever conversation around mental health, will officially launch at the #CommunityShield this weekend.”

Learn more about it: Heads Up | The Football Association

Via The FA Twitter

“#HeadsUp will harness the influence and popularity of football to help show the nation that we all have mental health, and it is just as important as physical health.”

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

A great partnership between Kensington Palace and The Football Association

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom