Lady Davina Lewis & Lady Rose Gilman and Families, News 1: September 2007 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Genia

Commoner
City
Palmerston North
Country
New Zealand
Does anyone have any information on Lady Davina as Mrs Gary Lewis:question:
What is she doing after her marriage to Gary Lewis:question:
Is she working:question: Or has she started a family:question:

Hello. I am just as curious about this couple seeing as Gary is of South Pacific Islander descent like me. What I would like to know is how he is received by the other members of the Royal family and how he feels being part of them. It was great to see pictures of them at the Diana Memorial Service.Incidentally, my parents attended the funeral service of the Princess of Wales those ten years ago by invitation of the palace.I've always been more interested in the extended family members as compared to the immediate ones. I suppose that's because we always see Princes William and Harry in the media as well as their first cousins. Her Majesty is a great favourite of mine though.

Worldroots, Lady Davina Lewis: Worldroots.com

The Royalist: The Unseen Royals: The Royalist - PHOTO GALLERY: The Unseen Royals (about mid-page)

From what I've seen around the web, it doesn't appear that Gary and Lady Davine have children of their own, Gary has a son from a previous relationship.

I couldn't find much on the girls. It is said that they prefer to keep out of the spotlight and have quiet lives.

The only thing I know of is that Gary and Lady Davina live in New Zealand. When the couple, along with Lady Rose appeared at the Diana Memorial, that was the first picture I had seen of the two sisters since Lady Davina was married. I had never seen a picture of their brother until he and his wife had their first child earlier this year. A very private family of siblings. I have to say good for them.

It was announced at the time of Lady Davina's marriage that she and her husband would be living in London. Did they move to New Zealand later?

Lady Davina, Lady Rose, Gary Lewis, and the Ulsters were all at the trooping in June. I always see all of them at the Trooping event. Lady Rose and Lady Davina crop up on the London social scene here and there. I never remember anything about Davina and Gary moving to NZ. I understand Gary has a young son, but besides this boy from previous marriage, I don't know of the couple having other children. Maybe Davina works in media somehow; her degree from UWE Bristol was in media studies.

I had read in either Majesty or Royalty that Lady Davina and her husband lived in New Zealand, but that could very well be in error as we all know since magazines especially Royalty are prone to mistakes.:ermm:

Katrianna, I didn't mean to imply that you are wrong about them living in NZ. I think it's possible. I mean, Gary's job is based there, as he is apparently he is owner of a building firm in Auckland. A possibility is that they have a home in NZ while Davina keeps her flat in London because of her home, family, friends being there, allowing her to return whenever she wants to.

I found something interesting. In November 2005, when the NZ All Blacks played against the English Lions, The Queen held a reception for the All Blacks at Buckingham Palace, as the team was touring the UK in advance of the match. HM invited Davina & Gary to the reception on account of the NZ background there.

Profile for Gary and Lady Davina Lewis
Davina's Age: 30 (nickname "Denny")
Approximate Age of Gary Lewis: 37, 38 (was said to be 33 in July 2004)
Gary's son: 13-maybe 14-year-old Ari Lewis (said to be 11 in July 2004)
Gary is a Maori from Gisborne on North Island, NZ who has a career as a renovator and whose father, Larry Lewis, was a "champion shearer" in the 1980s. Gary's mother, Viki (née Carr) Lewis, worked as a maid.
Davina and Gary met in 2000 while on vacation on the island of Bali, Indonesia. Gary owns an Auckland-based company.
Frivolous tidbits: Gary is a keen surfer; his nickname is said to be Gazza. SOURCES: The BBC and The Sydney Morning Herald
The engagement of Gary and Davina was announced from the Gloucesters' office on 26 March 2004. The wedding took place in Kensington Palace on 31 July 2004.
It's funny how the Lewis males' names are Larry, Gary, and Ari. :lol:
There is a lot of info. about the Lewis family, from his parents to siblings and uncles, aunts, even grandfather in this Telegraph article by Paul Chapman and Caroline Davies, dated 27 July 2004.

Pictures
Previously posted to TRF in other threads:
Lady Rose with her mother in November 2004 (Newscom)
Lady Rose, The Duchess, and behind them, The Duke going into the Westminster-van Cutsem wedding service (Newscom)
The Duchess and baby daughter (this picture is adorable and so funny but which daughter, I think Rose?) There is no source cited. It was posted by Alexandria on 27 October 2003. --> See Thread
There are many old photos of the Gloucester family throughout the same thread.
See pictures of the Lewis-Windsor Wedding (TRF Royal Weddings Thread)

Getty Gallery: Search Lady Davina Lewis

Polfoto wedding pictures for Gary and Lady Davina

Two pictures 1) The Gloucesters in 2001: Princess Alice, Birgitte, and the kids
2) Zara Phillips, Prince William, and Lady Rose Windsor at the Trooping ceremony in 1985

Party pictures: Lady Rose Windsor
In 2004 at a Panerai party organized by Beat talking to Arabella Musgrave (former flame of Prince William and then/current girlfriend of The Hon. James Tollemache, who was then an executive at Beat (Source: DAF Jones)
Lady Rose and George Gilman They look cozy; maybe he was/is her boyfriend? :)
Lady Rose talking to Gilman and Tollemache
Lady Rose Windsor
again with George Gilman and others
A different party in October 2004 for raising funds for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, pictured with Lady Mary Douglas-Home (Source: Don Features)
Picture 1
Picture 2
The pictures by Don Features are thumbnails which you can enlarge in a new frame by clicking on them, but you have to subscribe to the site and buy download privileges if you want them watermark free. BTW, The Prince of Wales is patron of Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

Last edited:
No problem. I could very well be mistaken about the information I gave and I would be very glad if someone could or would correct me. I have a horror of giving inaccurate info out so whenever anyone steers me on the right track I very much welcome it. I sometimes take what the media says as truth in my rare moments of insanity!!:D

Katrianna, I also have heard - more than once - that Lady Davina and her husband have a place in NZ. Whether they live there all the time or if it's more a holiday place.

Well, as I looked back over those articles I posted, I realized that the ones which came out around the time of their marriage indicate that they lived in NZ for some time before marrying, apparently as a quite a middle-class regular couple. One article even went so far as to suggest that the neighborhood in which they live(d) was lower or working middle class, although I'm not sure how that can be, given that Gary Lewis seems to make a decent living on his own and "Denny" is, well, after all she is Lady Davina. I imagine that since they have married they continue to have a home in NZ. Everything known about the company of Lewis indicates that it is an Auckland-based operation. As Bella suggested, perhaps they live there round the year or divide their time between there and Britain, but at the very least, some of their time is passed there.

17 November 2007
In today's Times

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are delighted to announce the engagement of their daughter, The Lady Rose Windsor, to be married to Mr George Gilman, son of Mr Peter Gilman and Mrs Gillian Gilman
SOURCE

I found pictures of Lady Rose and George Gilman from a party in December 2004. The photographer is Dafydd Jones.
Picture 1
Picture 2 (talking to James Tollemache)
Picture 3
The party was at the Baglione Hotel in London and organized by BEAT, a company which Tollemache was then working for.

Last edited:
Kensington Palace
16th November, 2007

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are delighted to announce the engagement of their daughter, The Lady Rose Windsor, to be married to Mr. George Gilman, son of Mr. Peter Gilman and Mrs. Gillian Gilman.

Court Circular - Times Online

Congratulations to the Happy Couple! Does anyone know anything about Mr. Gilman

Does anyone know anything about Mr. Gilman

Well, my memory might be misleading me, but it did occur to me.... that I perhaps saw his name years ago, in 2004 actually, around the time of those pictures, on the list of staff at Beat. Beat is a company that organizes events and PR for high end companies. It was founded by Luca del Bono. The company has changed a lot, though, and has a new website, and a lot of the people working there in 2004 have moved on. So I don't know what Gilman is up to these days. Maybe he stayed on at Beat, maybe not, or maybe he never worked there at all and I am crazy. Sorry I wasn't more help.... :D

Wonderful! Two royal weddings that we can look forward to in 2008 (I assume Rose's wedding will be then)

She'll be known as Lady Rose Gilman once they're married :)

There are only two websites (which I know about) that have pics of George Gilman in their database. They are: Dafydd Jones and Don Features (the society photographers Dafydd Jones and Desmond O'Neill). These websites are fairly easy to do searches on. Just type in "George Gilman" and you see all the pictures from the aforementioned party in 2004 which the couple attended.

Both of the other Gloucester weddings - Rose's brother and her sister - were so low-key --- practically no press at all --- seems to be a very private family - I bet that Rose's wedding will be very quiet also

That's what I'd expect too. I very much doubt Lady Rose will have some flashy affair at St George's Chapel or another large church with half the royal family in attendance and a parade of bridesmaids and pageboys considering the quiet weddings of her siblings. The Kents have much higher profiles than the Gloucesters.

How this woman related to the princes? Is she a cousin...never heard of her.

Her father, HRH the Duke of Gloucester, is a first cousin of the Queen.

George is a hottie--lucky girl!

How this woman related to the princes? Is she a cousin...never heard of her.
Here you go Rose and William Relationship

Daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester,
sister of Alexander Windsor, Earl of Ulster http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/earl-countess-ulster-family-2039.html
and Lady Davina Lewis http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/lady-davina-windsor-gary-lewis-2004-a-3106.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/gloucester-girls-lady-davina-lady-rose-14190.html

Last edited:
That's what I'd expect too. I very much doubt Lady Rose will have some flashy affair at St George's Chapel or another large church with half the royal family in attendance and a parade of bridesmaids and pageboys considering the quiet weddings of her siblings. The Kents have much higher profiles than the Gloucesters.

Yeah, Alex had the somewhat "flashy" (flashy compared to the usual Gloucester style I guess) wedding at St James Chapel Royal, with the honor guard and the swords, I presume because he is the heir, and Davina had a still more lowkey ceremony at the KP private chapel.

I think Prince Edward and Sophie may attend Rose's wedding, though, because Edward is her godfather, right?

I'd say it's a fair bet that the Wessexes and the Chattos will be there, as Prince Edward and Lady Sarah Chatto are both godparents to Lady Rose.

I wonder why the CC listed the parents as Mr. Peter Gilman and Mrs. Gillian Gilman, are they divorced? If not the CC would have listed Mr. and Mrs. Peter Gilman not as meantioned.

Congrats. Now we have a couple weddings to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom