The Family and Lineage of Princess Michael of Kent

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ancestors of HRH Princess Michael of Kent.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Ancestors of HRH Princess Michael of Kent[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sinners and Saints is a different kind of book that may well be the first of its kind.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] The book is a collection of small interesting biographies for selected ancestors of HRH Princess Michael of Kent. Several of these are also ancestors of persons active in medieval genealogy newgroups: Brice Clagett, Chico Doria, Ian Fettes, Peter de Loriol, John Ravilious, William Addams Reitwiesner, Gilbert von Studnitz, Nathaniel Taylor and Kelsey Williams. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The biographies appear in time order and with each biography it is recorded how many times that person is an ancestor of Princess Michael of Kent. In addition, after each biography is a basic genealogical line displayed to another ancestral descendant with a biography; so all lines end with HRH Princess Michael of Kent. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]The ancestry of Princess Michael of Kent has been ignored for too long, especially as she has such interesting ancestors. For instance at the last count 188 Knights of the Order of the Golden Fleece, 47 Knights and Ladies of the Garter as well as the following Magna Carta Sureties: Hugh Bigod, 3rd Earl of Norfolk; Roger Bigod, 2nd Earl of Norfolk; Henry de Bohun, 1st Earl of Hereford; Gilbert de Clare, 5th Earl of Hertford; Richard de Clare, 4th Earl of Hertford; John de Lacy, 1st Earl of Lincoln; Saher de Quincy, 1st Earl of Winchester and Robert de Vere, 3rd Earl of Oxford.

Charlemagne and William the Conquerer, of course.

As well as these she also has the famous painter Peter Paul Rubens, explorer Hernando Cortes and also ancestors who were in Peru when the Spanish settled there.

Of the 1175 ancestors, 1037 were born before the year 1600.

Amongst the ancestors two popes can be found.

What seems surprising is that her French ancestors seem to be the second largest group. Also a reference can be found to the possible descent from early Chinese Emperors.

Book Interests
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes,she has also descended from Chinese Emperors!Here is her line:

Emperor Su Tsung (Tang)
Ning-Kuo (daughter) m. Moyenhur (Uighur)
Bayanue (daughter) m. Surkhab II (Tabaristan)
Sharwin I
Karim
Shahriyar I
Qarin
Abul Melik
Surkhab
Gregory Abu-Hamza
Michke Abou-Hamza m. Katchik-Gagik (Vaspurakin)
Abu Sahl Hamazasp III Vaspurakan m. Gaday
Derenik Artsrouni
Katchik I T'ornavan
Hasan Artsruni
Abul Gharib Arcruni

daughter m. Auschin I (Lampron)
Hethum II de Lampron
Alix de Lampron
m. Balian d'Ibelin

Guy d'Ibelin
 m. Isabella d'Ibelin
Alix d'Ibelin m. Hugh de Lusignan
Jacques I 

de Lusignan m.Helvis von Braunschweig-Grubenhagen
James I de Lusignan m. Charlotte de Bourbon

Anne de Lusignan m. Louis of Savoy
Philippe of Savoy m. Claude de Brosse
Charles III of Savoy m. Beatrice of Portugal
Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy m. Marguerite of France
Carlo Emanuele of Savoy m. Catalina Michaela of Spain
Tomaso Francesco of Savoy-Carignano m. Marie de Bourbon-Soissons
Emanuele Filiberto of
Savoy-Carignano m. Maria Angela d'Este
Vittorio Amedeo of Savoy-Carignano m. Vittoria Francesca of Savoy-Susa
Luigi Vittorio of Savoy-Carignano m. Christine von Hessen-Rheinfels-Rothenburg
Gabrielle of
of Savoy-Carignano m. Ferdinand von Lobkowicz
Josef von Lobkowicz m. Maria Karolina von Schwarznberg
Gabrielle von Lobkowicz m. Vincenz von Auersperg
Vincenz Karl von Auersperg m. Wilhelmine von Colloredo-Mansfeld
Gabrielle von Auersperg m. Alfred von Windisch-Graetz
Hedwig von Windisch-Graetz m. Friedrich Szapary de Muraszombath
Marianne
Szapary de Muraszombath m. Gunther-Hubertus von Reibnitz
MARIE-CHRISTINE von REIBNITZ

Tang Dynasty ancestry of British Royalty

Tang Dynasty ancestry of British Royalty

Emperor Su Tsung (Tang)
Sharwin I
Karim
Shahriyar I
Qarin
Abul Melik
Surkhab
Abul-Hamza
Michke m. Katchik-Gagik (Vaspurakin)
Abu Sahl Hamazasp III
Derenik
Katchik I
Hasan
Abul Gharib
daughter m. Auschin I (Lampron)
Hetum II
Alix m. Balian d'Ibelin

Guy d'Ibelin

Alix d'Ibelin m. Hugh de Lusignan
Jacques I 

James I de Lusignan m. Charlotte Bourbon

Anne de Lusignan m. Louis (Savoy)

Margaret m. Peter (Luxemburg) 1390-1433

Louis

Peter

Marie m. Francis Bourbon

Antoinette m. Claude, Duke of Guise

Mary m. James V of Scotland

James VI

Elizabeth m. Frederick V of Bavaria

Sophia m. Ernst Augustus, Elector of Hanover

George I

George II

Frederick

George III

Edward

Victoria

Edward VII

George V

George VI

Elizabeth II

Tang Dynasty ancestry of British Royalty - Monarchy Forum

"There are numerous problems with this genealogy, nevertheless, I've personally confirmed this descent. Congrats to Elizabeth II on her Tang ancestry. And further checking has revealed that Elizabeth II has descent from Laozi thru the Tang dynasty. She obviously has the greatest ancestry in the world. She also has descent from the Tuoba and Yuwen, two clans of the Xianbei people, a Mongolic people."

Well,not just Queen Elizabeth II,but most noble people can claim their descent from Chinese Emperors,just like Marie-Christine does herself...
Btw,Queen Elizabeth II also descended from Mongolian Chinese Emperors through Queen Mary and her Hungarian ancestors...

Unproven & Unsubstantiated

Yes,she has also descended from Chinese Emperors!Here is her line:

Emperor Su Tsung (Tang)
Sharwin I
Karim
Shahriyar I
Qarin
Abul Melik
Surkhab

This line has not be substantiated. I would consider the genealogy above Abu Hamza to be unproven until further evidence comes to light.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...e-british-royal-family-28556.html#post1131421

Sounds interesting to "investigate"...if you find something more,please post ;-)

As you said,some Chinese papers published her ancestry when she paid a visit to China in 1986...it was about her ancestry from Tang dynasty!

Thank you,I wish to see any pics of Princess Michael in childhood or in her teen ages.As well are there any pics of her parents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!I only wonder now how she looked in her teen ages.
By the way,in an interview to Russian TV company,Princess Michael said her grandmother from paternal side was Russian.Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, Lenora! :flowers: There's a biography about Princess Michael by Barry Everingham and it has a portrait from her as a teenager in it. Her paternal grandmother was Ida von Eichstedt whose father was German and her mother, Ida Crone, was the daughter of a Jewish merchant. I know nothing about the Crone's origin and if there's a Russian link. Perhaps someone can help us here? I believe I've read something similar and Princess Michael told that one of her grandfathers had lived and served in Russia. But I'm not sure, I'm sorry!

:previous:
There is an extensive genealogy of Princess Michael on her Wiki page (scroll down).

You're welcome, Lenora! :flowers: There's a biography about Princess Michael by Barry Everingham and it has a portrait from her as a teenager in it. Her paternal grandmother was Ida von Eichstedt whose father was German and her mother, Ida Crone, was the daughter of a Jewish merchant. I know nothing about the Crone's origin and if there's a Russian link. Perhaps someone can help us here? I believe I've read something similar and Princess Michael told that one of her grandfathers had lived and served in Russia. But I'm not sure, I'm sorry!
Thank you so much!I've found some info on the book,where it's writen that she was dark-haired in her teen ages.Unfortunately I didn't find the picture,could it be on google or any other link?

Thank you, Warren!! And you're more than welcome, Lenora! :) I've scanned the picture of Marie-Christine: http://oi55.tinypic.com/23ln36.jpg

Stunning photo, such a natural beauty! Thank you so much, Dierna! :flowers: Princess Michael's genealogy is a truly fascinating one.;) I've never heard of a Russian ancestor though - maybe one of her ancestors lived or worked in Russia, nothing more.

WOW!!!! You can REALLY see the resemblance between M-C and her son. This was awesome of you to scan this photo for us Dierna. Thank you :flowers:
Princess Michael of Kent is beautiful as a blond,but I think she was stunning brunette!
By the way,I wonder what is her natural eyes colour.I think they are green or hazel.

:previous: That's exactly what I thought. :) I think she has green eyes and the book at least states that she's dark-haired by nature.

Princess Michael speaks English, German and French fluently, it is said that she also speaks a bit Czech and I believe Hungarian, too.

That's her father Günther Baron von Reibnitz: http://oi55.tinypic.com/1scu3s.jpg
And that's her mother, Maria Anna Countess Szapáry von Muraszombath: http://oi53.tinypic.com/2bek1w.jpg

It's been quite a while since I've seen such an old picture of Reibi, as we used to call Günther. Doesn't he look dreadfully serious here? He used to visit my mother when he returned to Europe. Funny old guy. However, it is right that his grandmother was Jewish. MC does resemble her father more than one might think.

I wonder if Princess Michael of Kent is a descendant of Hungarian famous Countess Elizabeth Bathory,did Princess Michael's ancestors live in Transylvania?

I wonder if Princess Michael of Kent is a descendant of Hungarian famous Countess Elizabeth Bathory,did Princess Michael's ancestors live in Transylvania?

Princess Michael a descendant of the Blood Countess?! I very much doubt it. :flowers:

Princess Michael a descendant of the Blood Countess?! I very much doubt it. :flowers:
Yes,but her mother comes from noble Hungarian family Szapary.The countess was married Bathory,so there is a possibility

Countess Elizabeth Bathory married Ferenc Nadasdy. It's always exciting to investigate such things, particularly when it comes to Princess Michael's ancestry. I just haven't spotted a connection between these two women yet.;)

Not sure about that, but at least Princess Michael is a descendant of Eleonore von Schwarzenberg, nicknamed "The Vampire Princess". ;)

Not sure about that, but at least Princess Michael is a descendant of Eleonore von Schwarzenberg, nicknamed "The Vampire Princess". ;)

Yes,and Queen Elizabeth II is a descendant of her sister Ludowika ;)

Yes,they did...she has descended from her grandfather Peter IV Bathory,Duke of Siebenburgen...

Yes,they did...she has descended from her grandfather Peter IV Bathory,Duke of Siebenburgen...

Then the most accurate thing to say is that Princess Michael and Elizabeth Bathory have a common ancestor. Interesting info, thank you, Marc23! :flowers:

Yes...and her lineage is also very interesting which most people don't know!

Princess Michael's brother Fred is a low-key chap - a retired civil servant in suburban Australia, he does a lot of charity work for "riding for the disabled". He had a daughter out of wedlock in Australia in about 1978 (with a work colleague who shared his love of horses), and his daughter is a professional photographer. Von Reibnitz is married to a fellow retired civil servant. The story around Sydney was that Princess Michael's mother referred to the work colleague as "just a peasant" at the time.

Back
Top Bottom