The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2017, 02:32 AM
Administrator

The Earl of Snowdon attended the Frieze Art Fair 2017 VIP Preview in Regent's Park on October 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 11-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Nobility

I don't know if it has been mentioned before on the forums, but David's firm Linley's website davidlinley.com is very appealing. His products are so sleek and crisp and elegant.

He's really carved out (get it? Woodworking? CARVED? LOL) a niche for himself.

I love the mice!

Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

pricey, well designed, elegant things at David Linley. The Cambridges have that wonderful Linley desk in their home in KP. https://goo.gl/images/V4KQgz It's the Horse Guards Parade Desk.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Nobility

I do think that he has demonstrated a genuine talent for design whereas his royal connections recede in importance to his business. He is certainly a Messel in spirit.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
He's really carved out (get it? Woodworking? CARVED? LOL) a niche for himself.

He is very talented.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Majesty

He really is talented. I am in love with the mice.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Earl of Snowdon at a Jonathan Yeo Exhibition ar Royal Academy tonight

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rmstrong-Jones
Old 12-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Administrator

The Earl and Countess of Snowdon with their beautiful children attended Alexander Dundas's 18th birthday party hosted by Lord and Lady Dundas in London on December 16:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

Beautiful family. Margarita has grown to such a pretty, young lady. How wonderful would it be if Princess Margaret were alive today to bond with her only granddaughter? One could imagine the fun they would have together. David is such a talented designer. I love the tiara he made for his wife.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I really like the Snowdons, thank you iceflower for sharing these photos. Margarita is indeed blossoming into a very pretty young lady, I think she will look a lot like her mother, with a small mixture of Princess Margaret. I like the photo of her and Serena from the Getty gallery in particular.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the updates !
The Snowdons are a beautiful family, indeed. Sadly their public appearances are rare.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Lord Snowdon at the Jacky Tsai exhibition at Linley London on February 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

There has been a bit of a debate on Twitter over an account that is suspected of posing as Margarita. Royal editors and reporters have got into contact with Buckingham Palace as well as Lord Snowdon asking for confirmation about the account, but so far only the palace has refused to comment (I haven’t seen any Tweets about Snowdon’s take on the situation). The first account was suspended but the owner has created a new account. Due to fake accounts for royals being a common phenomena amongst royal fans on social media, and also the nature of the accounts tweets and the fact all their photos came from stock sharing websites like Getty Images rather than private sources - though the old and new profile photos are ones I have not seen before. However they are linked to many royal fan base accounts as well as fake accounts posing for Lady Louise and Estella Taylor; so there are many obvious signs that this account is an imposter. What do you all think? It’s garnered an interesting discussion on Twitter so I wondered what your takes on the matter were.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-18-2018, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Lord Snowdon is standing for election as one of the 92 hereditary peers in the House of Lords. He would sit as a non party political crossbencher.

Source: Richard Kay, Royal Reporter.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Majesty

The Earl Snowdon said that he would stand for election, and he is doing it. Hopefully he will win in the election in question. Crossbencher is an interesting word though.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, what does he stand for?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would imagine that he would have his say of what he believes on an issue at hand and not partial to party stances on an issue. Listen to all sides of a matter and then form an opinion would be my guess.

Then again, what do I know?
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-18-2018, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine that he would have his say of what he believes on an issue at hand and not partial to party stances on an issue. Listen to all sides of a matter and then form an opinion would be my guess.

Then again, what do I know?
Which is a great thing but it might be helpful for whoever is supposed to vote for him to have some idea of what his core values or points of view are
Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Nobility

The Earl of Snowdon comes across as skilled and thoughtful. He obviously respects craftsman, wood and preservation of history and furniture along with modern interpretation. He has worked in industry, with an array of customers and workers creating his own business.
He seems to have brought up two lovely children. I think many people will identify with him and vote for him.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
So, what does he stand for?
Crossbench Peers are non-party political and by tradition sit on the benches that cross the chamber of the House of Lords.

https://www.parliament.uk/site-infor...ssbench-peers/

Tags
countess of snowdon, david armstrong-jones, earl of snowdon