The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Strange article. I cannot for one second understand how anyone could consider that the current highly respected Duke's reputation could possibly be sullied by the knowledge that his father had an illegitimate child becoming public. He cannot in any way be accountable for anything his father did. And his father did a lot! If the rumours are true, and I suspect they are, there are lots of other things Prince George did that the family is far more likely to want to keep secret than the fact he sired one illegitimate child.
My thoughts exactly.

Given what is known and/or believed about Prince George, I really doubt the revelation of an illegitimate child (if it's true) will really do anything to tarnish his or his family's reputations at this point. Of all the sons of George V, I think Prince George is the one you most expect to have had an illegitimate child (defeating David only because of the rumours that David was incapable of having children).

Old 07-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

This "news" was hardly a revelation. The rumours have been around for many decades and written abouit quite frequently in relation to Mr Canfield. Why would anyone in 2013 care about such a story?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Administrator

While we're touching on the Duchess of Kent, here's a sweet photo...

The Duchess of Kent and Martina Navratilova, 2006

Photobucket link

Old 07-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On July 10 the Duke of Kent officially opened the new joint cadet centre for Army Cadets and Air Cadets at the Cadet Centre, Wharf Road, Newton Abbot.

** thisisdevon.co.uk: PICTURES: Newton Abbot Royal visit for cadets **
Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

The Duke of Kent as President of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution officially opened the new Southend-on-Sea Lifeboat Station at Southend Pier and visited the new Royal Pavilion on Southend Pier on July 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** southend.gov.uk: Welcome to The Royal Pavilion on Southend Pier! **

** rnli.org: HRH The Duke of Kent opens Southend-on-Sea RNLI new inshore lifeboat station **
Old 07-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

The Duke of Kent attended the Royal International Air Tattoo at Royal Air Force Fairford, Fairford, Gloucestershire on July 20, 2013.

** Pic ** gloucestershireecho.co.uk: Royal International Air Tattoo round up: brilliant displays of death defying stunts **
Old 07-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

The Duke of Kent as President of The British Racing Drivers Club attended the Silverstone Classic event on July 27, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

On July 31 the Duke of Kent presented the "Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade" to Plant Parts Limited in Hadleigh and officially opened Applegate Mews in Great Cornward, Sudbury.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** eadt.co.uk: Great Cornard: Duke visits $6million regeneration project **

** eadt.co.uk: Hadleigh: Plant Parts presented with Queen’s Award by HRH the Duke of Kent **
Old 08-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

It seems the Duke and Duchess of Kent have rekindled their relationship after more than half a century of marriage.
'Closer than ever': Duke and Duchess of Kent reunited | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

Well if it's true, that is very good news. I find the Duchess an interesting individual and would love to read a biography about her - I don't think one currently exists.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Well if it's true, that is very good news. I find the Duchess an interesting individual and would love to read a biography about her - I don't think one currently exists.
But yes, there is a biography of her, it has been some months since I come across it.
The Duchess of Kent: The Troubled Life of Katherine Worsley
By Mary Riddell
Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Duchess-...uchess+of+kent
Old 08-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Lenora - I can buy a copy for less than a price of a magazine.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
But yes, there is a biography of her, it has been some months since I come across it.
The Duchess of Kent: The Troubled Life of Katherine Worsley
By Mary Riddell
Here is the link:
The Duchess of Kent: The Troubled Life of Katherine Worsley: Amazon.co.uk: Mary Riddell: Books
I have owned the original edition for many years and enjoy rereading it from time to time. One of the captions for a photo in the book always stays with me, "The haunting beauty of the Duchess of Kent."

P.S. To Elly C. from Worcester, England: I was born in Worcester, Mass. People in the USA have a terrible time pronouncing Worcester, lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke of Kent officially opened 6million village housing project in Great Cornard.
Royal visit marks completion of 6million village housing project - Latest News - Suffolk Free Press
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Just came across this very nice video of the Royal Wedding of TRH The Duke & Duchess of Kent:

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Just came across this very nice video of the Royal Wedding of TRH The Duke & Duchess of Kent:

I saw this last night. I also like the others this same person has under royal wedding like the footage of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor wedding day.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke of Kent to open 4m Lincoln hospital heart centre | This is Lincolnshire
Old 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

The Duke of Kent officially opened the new Lincolnshire Heart Centre at Lincoln County Hospital today, September 4:

** Pic ** thelincolnite.co.uk: Duke of Kent officially opens Lincoln heart centre **
Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, September 24, the Duke of Kent has been in Derbyshire to visit Toyota Motor Manufacturing Limited, Burnaston, Derby as well as Repton School, Derby.

** thisisderbyshire.co.uk: VIDEO: Duke of Kent visits Derbyshire schools and Toyota plant **

On September 23 he visited Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust's Attenborough Nature Reserve to mark Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust's 50th anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 10-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

The Duke of Kent as Colonel of the Scots Guards visited HMS Duncan in Portsmouth on September 30, 3013.

** Pic ** royalnavy.mod.uk: Royal visit for HMS Duncan **

Tags
diamond jubilee, duchess of kent, duke of kent, kate middleton, queen elizabeth, royal family