The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great summary of her activities, FR, I've been wonder where Kate Kent has been. I also understand that since she doesn't perform royal duties, she doesn't use the HRH.

In her day to day life she doesn't use the HRH but when she does attend something official, such as this weekend the CC will give her the HRH as she is still married to The Duke. So the CC will indicate that HRH The Duchess of Kent attended the Jubilee service but tomorrow when teaching some kids (assuming she dose) she won't use it at all - and that is fine but officially she is HRH The Duchess of Kent. Only divorce can strip her of that title (under the 1996 LPs issued by the Queen to strip Sarah and Diana of the HRH - it applies to all divorced wives of HRHs.).

I realize that only divorce will strip her of the HRH title which I wasn't referring to, just that she doesn't use it in her professional life.

In her day to day life she doesn't use the HRH but when she does attend something official, such as this weekend the CC will give her the HRH as she is still married to The Duke. So the CC will indicate that HRH The Duchess of Kent attended the Jubilee service but tomorrow when teaching some kids (assuming she dose) she won't use it at all - and that is fine but officially she is HRH The Duchess of Kent. Only divorce can strip her of that title (under the 1996 LPs issued by the Queen to strip Sarah and Diana of the HRH - it applies to all divorced wives of HRHs.).

She has moved her life forward and wishes to be know as Katherine, Duchess of Kent. She is, informally, separated from the Duke, both fine people, but not at one with one another. She looks sad and faded. She is a wonderful woman.

She has moved her life forward and wishes to be know as Katherine, Duchess of Kent. She is, informally, separated from the Duke, both fine people, but not at one with one another. She looks sad and faded. She is a wonderful woman.

Katharine, Duchess of Kent certainly isn't "forgotten" by me! She was such a beautiful and radiant woman in earlier years. I feel very sad when I see her now. There has been lots of speculation on her health, some of which she denied in a Hello! magazine interview not so many years ago. She seems a bit out of it and not very happy.

Yes, I would like to thank ForgottenRoyals for this thread. It was good to see her at yesterday's Thanksgiving Service.

I think Countess is right in say that she and the Duke are informally seperated, although the Duchess said in an interview afew years ago that she still cooks for her husband. I imagine that they have seperate lives in the main, but I do not imagine they will ever divorce.

It was good to see them together arm in arm at St Paul's Cathedral.

The CC will have to refer her three times - yes three events - over the past weekend:

The Pageant - but on a different vessel to The Duke
The Concert - where she sat with The Duke
The Church Service

It wasn't until I was updating my weekly engagements listing that I found out that she had been in the Pageant - the only event at which all 19 HRHs were present although there were obviously planned to be three such events.

I always enjoy seeing the Duchess.

The Duke and Duchess of Kent are not separated formally or informally. The both live together at Wren House which is a small cottage in the grounds of Kensington Palace. She's never released a statement that she wishes to be known as Katherine, Duchess of Kent ( Anyway Katherine is wrong her name is spelt Katharine) Informally she is known as Katharine Kent ( that's how she's listed on the Future Talent website) but formally she still uses The Duchess of Kent. A few years back on the anniversary of Diana's death, she left flowers at the Kensington Palace gate with a card signed The Duchess of Kent.

The deadpan expression is due to a medical condition something like Bell's Palsy, she did state that in an interview she gave publicizing her foundation.

The Duke of Kent watched Serbia's Novak Djokovic's first round men's singles match against Spain's Juan Carlos Ferrero on the first day of the 2012 Wimbledon Championships tennis tournament at the All England Tennis Club in Wimbledon, southwest London, on June 25, 2012.

** Pic **

The Duke of Kent on day ten of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 5, 2012.

** Pic **

The Duke of Kent attended the Ladies' Singles final match between Serena Williams of the USA and Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland on day twelve of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships and presented the trophy to Serena Williams after she won with 6:1, 5:7, 6:2 on July 7, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke of Kent as President of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission has been in Greece from July 11 to July 13 to visit the Struma War Cemetery in Kalokastro, the Mikra British Cemetery in Thessalonika and the Kirechköi-Hortaköi Military Cemetery in Exochi. He also laid a wreath and Stone of Remembrance at the Saloniki Lembet Road Cemetery in Thessalonika and visited the Monastir Road Indian Cemetery in Thessalonika.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Wouldn't it be great to see The Duchess of Kent join the Duke on official engagement once again? The Duke of Kent do so much work on his own now, I wonder if he ever get lonely on his engagements?

you're right, Dman. I would love to see the Duchess too

Wouldn't it be great to see The Duchess of Kent join the Duke on official engagement once again? The Duke of Kent do so much work on his own now, I wonder if he ever get lonely on his engagements?

He must be used to it by now.

Yeah, I know he's probably got used to not having Katherine by his side but I think he must miss having her there with him. Doing royal engagements alone can be tough and knowing he have a wife to share these duties and travels with but not having her there must still make him feel lonely a bit. It's just my opinion of course but I look back at their pictures and they seemed to have really enjoyed their time together on official engagements. The Duchess did her royal duties with such beauty, grace and dignity. You would think she was born to be royal.

I'm just think he must miss those days.

If she wasn't a devout Catholic, I think they'd have gotten divorced long ago. They've lived separate lives for years.

God bless...

..The Duke of kent..
Its a pity even on TRF no one cares to add a word of appreciation for people like him and Princess Alexandra, who have for decades worked so flawlessly, putting their own and their kids' relationships/marriages on stake for "Queen and the Country"
God help the people and paparazzi who run after people who suck someone's toes topless bcos they "cant stand the men in grey"

..The Duke of kent..
Its a pity even on TRF no one cares to add a word of appreciation for people like him and Princess Alexandra, who have for decades worked so flawlessly, putting their own and their kids' relationships/marriages on stake for "Queen and the Country"
God help the people and paparazzi who run after people who suck someone's toes topless bcos they "cant stand the men in grey"

If you scroll down through all the threads in the British Royal forums, you'll find that the Duke and Duchess of Kent have their own sub forum where their events and activities are discussed.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-duke-and-duchess-of-kent-oct-2003-a-9756.html

The Duke of Kent is in Johannesburg, South Africa, now and made a visit to the Wheelchair Tennis Clinic at the University of Johannesburg today, October 10, 2012. As President of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club he met players from across the country, including members of the South African 2012 Paralympic team.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Duke of Kent during the anniversary to mark Uganda's 50 years of independence on October 9. On the second pic he talks to Rwandan President Paul Kagame.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It's a shame that only local African media are reporting the Duke's trip. Come on, people, he is representing the Queen, he is doing one of the Diamond jubillee trips! Even the Brtiish Royal website staff does not bother to acknowledge his work.

:previous:Dude, i think only you and I are the ones in this entire world who gives a damn for Duke of Kent/ Princess Alexandra..Hmm dont be so sad..its just that they "have had their time under the sun", as a non-royal Dowager Duchess described herself in an interview.
Everyone, except those born in direct line (Queen/Charles/William) has to go through this at the fag end of their lives, sometimes even before..:sad:

They will be cared for by the purse their entire lives, and did not plan a dinner, much less cook one. They will be buried Royal at the ends of their lives, and will leave a sizable estate to their children. I think the lack of people complaining about them, I think they are seen as having a purpose. Unfortunately, with age, we all become a little less pertinent.

:previous:Dude, i think only you and I are the ones in this entire world who gives a damn for Duke of Kent/ Princess Alexandra

Strange impression, as far as I can see there's a number of regular visitors and updates - including those by me - in this thread and the one of Princess Alexandra - so you are far from being the only ones ;)

Yesterday, October 17, the Duke of Kent has visited West Yorkshire.

** thetelegraphandargus.co.uk: Duke of Kent visits Bradford and Oakworth **

On October 23, the Duke of Kent has presented The Queen's Award for Enterprise in Innovation to Ian Kentfield, President of Amsafe Bridport Limited, for its design and development of a revolutionary system to protect armoured vehicles against rocket-propelled grenade attacks.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And on October 24, the Duke as Patron of RoyalScots Dragoon Guards charity "Caring for Courage" visited the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom