The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, July 1, the Duke of Kent visited the Paddock ahead of the F1 Grand Prix of Great Britain at Silverstone in Northampton:

** Pic **

Yesterday, July 5, the Duke of Kent visited Fort Amherst in Chatham and as President he visited the Royal National Lifeboat Institution Historic Lifeboat Collection at the Historic Dockyard, Chatham:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke of Kent as Colonel of the Scots Guards attended the Household Division’s Military Musical Spectacular on Horse Guards Parade, London, yesterday evening, July 7, to commemorate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee:

On July 12 the Duke of Kent as Patron of Blood Cancer UK visited Newcastle University Centre for Cancer, Wolfson Childhood Cancer Centre in Newcastle upon Tyne:

Today is a bittersweet day for the Duke of Kent as it is the 80th anniversary of him inheriting the title Duke of Kent. Of course he only inherited that title, aged 6, because today is the 80th anniversary of the death of his father.

I am not 100% sure but from my research I haven't found any other English/British peer who has held their title for as long as The Duke of Kent. I will stand corrected of course if someone is able to show me a peer who has been a peer of England or Britain for longer than The Duke of Kent (I say England or Britain because the title Duke of Kent has only ever been created in the peerage of those two entities).

I am sure that The Duke and his sister will remember that day with a lot of sadness. I didn't include Prince Michael as he was only 6-7 weeks old and so would have no memory of his father at all.

Last edited:
It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom