The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be 300 pages and should be a very interesting read,looking forward to this release.

Interesting. I guess he is so very senior now that Cousin Lilibet believes he won't write anything too inflammatory. Has anyone in the BRF done memoirs since Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester?

This is the man who said that he and his sister/cousins will keep working as long as HM keeps working. From a man who gave her his oath at age 16. I can't imagine that he'd write anything that could upset or embarrass her or anyone else in the family at all.

That said I do think they could be very interesting.

I'm not sure people get that I was joking. Of course HM knows that whatever her loyal, dedicated cousin writes will pass muster. That said, it's still interesting to wonder what he and Vickers might cover and how.

The Duke of Kent to Release Memoirs in 2022

https://t.co/MtEt6gUnmd

I do not think for a second that the Duke of Kent's memoir would be inflammatory or disparaging towards the Royal Family. I would not be surprised if the final drafts were send to the Royal Family members and staff before the book was published. Even if the drafts are not sent, I'm sure The Queen could trust her cousin who have dedicated his life to public service.

I look forward to reading the book.
The Duke of Kent is very dedicated to his causes and has been in the public sphere extensively for a long time.
I hope there are Wimbledon stories.

It makes much more sense now than decades ago. He now can look back on his life as a royal duke (from a very early age; given that his father died when he was only 6 years old). A role that he carried out faithfully all those years in support of his cousin (as his uncle died when he was still a minor). So, while this will give us an interesting perspective into royal life; it surely will be supportive of the queen and the monarchy.

Apparently, the pandemic even slowed down a 80+ year old giving him time to have conversations about his life that resulted in this book.

It will be fine to read the Memories of a Senior Royal !
Were Princess Marie Christine historic Books bestsellers in the UK

They were leading separate lives for some time but in recent years, Kath has been back iwth her husband and supporting him

I didn't know that but that is nice to hear.
The duchess has always been a firm favourite of mine.

I wonder if her conversion to Roman Catholicism will feature in the memoirs and I can remember the media coverage it got back in the 90's.

I have a vague memory which I wonder if anyone else shares? It must have been in the papers within the last 15 years or so, and it was a mention of HM dining with her cousin, something to the effect of…” people in Mayfair (or ?) would have been surprised late last evening to see The Queen, in a glamorous black evening gown, exiting the (?) Club where she had been dining with her cousin, the Duke of Kent, on the occasion of his birthday.” I have enjoyed thinking of her having a bit of private social life, and wearing a black(!) evening gown. Does anyone else remember this, or have I got it all wrong?

The Duke of Kent viewed the Changing of the Guard ceremony, which is commemorating the 80th anniversary of the formation of the Royal Air Force Regiment, on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace today, February 1:

** gettyimages gallery **

On February 22 the Duke of Kent as Patron of the British-German Association held a reception and presented BGA Medals of Honour at St. James's Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On March 31 the Duke of Kent as Patron of Blood Cancer UK visited University College London Institute of Immunity and Transplantation:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke of Kent as Patron of the London Philharmonic Orchestra attended a Gala Concert at the Royal Horticultural Halls in London on May 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On May 25 the Duke of Kent attended a Service to Commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the Consecration of Coventry Cathedral:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HRH The Duke of Kent attended a Falklands Memorial Service earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom