The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so lovely to see The Duchess of Kent, she is looking lovely at 82. She is the patron of the Strickland Centre, so it is terrific to see her supporting her patronages.

I agree it is always good to see her out and about.

I still miss seeing her at Wimbledon.

I'm given to understand that she is also suffering a neurological disorder which could help to explain, what seems to be, her difficulty with walking. This lovely lady, whose inner beauty has always shone brightly, has born innumerable sorrows, with quiet dignity.

I was browsing through this thread when I saw this post and remembered that one of her brothers died of a neurological disease, either Parkinson's or Huntington's IIRC. I hope for her sake she has neither disease as they are terrible but perhaps neurological disease runs in her family??

Yesterday, September 15, the Duke of Kent as Chancellor opened the 5G Innovation Centre at the University of Surrey, Guildford:

** Pic **

RAF Northolt commemorated the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain and honoured its oldest veterans with a heartfelt Royal ceremony and dinner.

His Royal Highness the Duke of Kent, whose father served and died in the RAF during the Second World War, led the tribute and met veterans before The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight took to the skies.
Read more: RAF Northolt celebration for Battle of Britain veterans - Get West London

The Duke of Kent in his role as Patron of the Gallantry Medallists' League attended an Act of Commemoration for the 75th anniversary of the Institution of The George Cross and George Medal at Royal Hospital Chelsea today, September 24:

** gettyimages gallery **

THE Queen exclaimed: “Oh, Eddie! Eddie! Look, here’s a picture of you and me!” as she walked with the Duke of Kent at the opening of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Museum in 2006.

Her Majesty has a huge amount of admiration and respect for her cousin who, having turned 80 on Friday, remains one of the most unsung members of the Royal Family.

The Duke, who prefers to be known as “Prince Edward”, is patron, president or active member of more than 100 charities and organisations including the All England Lawn Tennis And Croquet Club.

Along with his wife Katharine he is synonymous with the Wimbledon championships, having presented the prizes since 1969.

Born in London on October 9, 1935, to Prince George and Princess Marina, the 1st Duke and Duchess of Kent, the Prince was only three months old when his grandfather George V died and was succeeded by his namesake, Edward VIII, his father’s eldest brother.
Read more: The Duke Of Kent at 80: The life of the Queen’s cousin, Prince Edward | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
A ceremony takes place today to unveil a memorial to honour previously unrecorded WW1 casualties. The missing names predominately relate to soldiers and officers who died of their injuries away from the battlefield. Many of these casualties died whilst still in service, but casualties who were discharged as unfit because of their injuries and subsequently died may also be eligible. .

Home - ITNSource News

So wonderful to see HRH The Duchess of Kent looking wonderful as the car she was in with The Duke and one of their granddaughters pulled into Buckingham Palace for the family's Christmas luncheon.

Maybe those reconciliation rumors from the summer of 2013 were true. I hope so.

It's good to see her again after a long absence. :flowers:

So wonderful to see HRH The Duchess of Kent looking wonderful as the car she was in with The Duke and one of their granddaughters pulled into Buckingham Palace for the family's Christmas luncheon.
It is always great to see The Duchess of Kent, thank you for sharing this. So much respect for this lady.

The Duchess of Kent is if my memory serves me correctly a very proud Yorkshire woman. A person I respect immensely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it is always wonderful to see her out and doing, even if in this instance it was for a disastrous event like this flood.

I didn't know that much about her until I bought a biography of her at a yard sale. She's endured things that have literally destroyed people. I greatly admire her strength, courage & kindness.

It is always good to see The Duchess of Kent. I miss her from Wimbledon.

The new Wycombe Leisure Centre will be given the royal seal of approval next month when the Duke of Kent returns to Handy Cross for the official opening – 38 years after launching the old centre.

The Royal will be joined by Olympic legend Sir Steve Redgrave as he unveils a plaque at the £25 million leisure centre on Wednesday, March 2.

The five-time Olympic gold medallist and deputy lieutenant of Buckinghamshire, Sir Steve, will greet the Duke of Kent, Prince Edward, ahead of a tour at the new centre.

Wycombe District Council Leader Cllr Katrina Wood said: “We are honoured and thrilled that HRH the Duke of Kent will return to High Wycombe to officially open our wonderful new leisure centre.
Read more: Royalty to join Olympic legend at Wycombe Leisure Centre's official opening (From Bucks Free Press)

Rochester’s new railway station will get the royal seal of approval today when it is formally opened by the Duke of Kent.

The £26m station is the focal point of Southeastern and Network Rail’s improvement to the train service in Medway.

But although it has been running since the middle of December, commuters have been unhappy there has been nowhere to get a hot drink or buy a newspaper or that there was only one ticket machine which often had long queues.
Read more: Duke of Kent visiting Rochester's new £26m railway station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom