The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duke of Kent attended the British Racing Drivers Club awards at Grand Connaught Rooms in London on December 3, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On February 5 the Duke of Kent visited the Esher Church of England High School, the GASP Motor Project Workshop in Albury, Guildford, Surrey, the Surrey Hills Brewery, Denbies Wine Estate and Betchworth Castle in Dorking.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** thisissurreytoday.co.uk: HRH The Duke of Kent visits Mole Valley **

** esherhigh.surrey.sch.uk: Royal Opening for the New EHS Sports Centre **

** thisissurreytoday.co.uk: Duke of Kent visits Denbies Wine Estate and Betchworth Castle **

Lovely visit. And it is so nice to see snow gone! Betchworth Castle is a lovely ruin and it is nice to see someone is trying to stabilize it for posterity.

Has anyone on the forums ever met the Duke?
In pics he looks so seriously interested. That's a good thing, but I do wonder if he is so serious all the time or if he has a relaxed side as well? Has anyone met him?

This is a very strange site, as they are separated for many years, although not divorced, so the title The Duke and Duchess seems a bit disingenuine.

This is a very strange site, as they are separated for many years, although not divorced, so the title The Duke and Duchess seems a bit disingenuine.

Why?

They are still married and still live in the same home - whether in the same part of the home isn't clear but they do still share a home.

They simply don't appear in public together except for major family events.

Why?

They are still married and still live in the same home - whether in the same part of the home isn't clear but they do still share a home.

They simply don't appear in public together except for major family events.

Exactly. Plus- if they desired a divorce, they would have obtained one. Clearly they have no desire to change how they live.

We don't know that for a fact. What is known is The Duchess requested permission from The Queen in 2002 to relinquish her public duties and she stopped using the style of HRH at that time. She is still HRH The Duchess of Kent, but prefers to be addressed as Katherine Kent.

I remember seeing the Duchess all the time at the Wimbledon ladies' final and really miss her presence there. She's such a lovely lady who's faced her difficulties with such grace and fortitude; I hope this stage of her life is bringing her contentment. A very nice article; thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Thank you Iluvbertie for posting this. needless to say, the national newspapers haven't mentioned it. If anyone has a twitter account (I don't) it might be worthwhile asking Richard Palmer on @RoyalReporter

Thank you Iluvbertie for posting this. needless to say, the national newspapers haven't mentioned it. If anyone has a twitter account (I don't) it might be worthwhile asking Richard Palmer on @RoyalReporter

Just sent him a tweet, he's currently chatting about whether the focus will be on The Queen being back after 20 days off, or Catherine and the bump. :flowers:

I hope HRH The Duke of Kent get better and return to his official duties soon.

He is also hospitalised..:sad:
I am not sure the Dule will be able to ride at this year's Birthday Parade..

Last edited:
It has been reported that the Duke of Kent suffered a stroke on Sunday. He remains in hospital and his engagements have been postponed.

It is very sad. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Oh how horrible.

I will keep the Duke and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom