The Duke and Duchess of Kent News and Events 1: October 2003- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A portrait of the Duchess of Kent:

2meo8b8.jpg

(Majesty)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pictures of the Duchess of Kent, Iceflower. Remarkable how much her daughter, Helen, resembles her.

Caption:"The Duke of Kent (L) accepts the European Culture Award given to him in the category "Pro Humanitate" by Dresdner Bank chairman Herbert Walter 10 October 2006 at Dresden's Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady). The prize has been awarded every year since 1993 to people who devote their energies to making sure that other people realise that the European idea provides a chance to set an example of peaceful co-existence by different peoples. Among the laureates of the award's 2006 edition are the German-Russian Forum "St. Petersburg Dialogue" (Culture Award for Politics) and the Russian-Orthodox and German Protestant churches (Culture Award for Communication)."

(Photo credit: PEER GRIMM/AFP/Getty Images)

The Duke of Kent wears dark glasses to view a Mars exhibit during a "Punk Science Show" and exhibition in Buckingham Palace to mark the importance of British Science on October 24, 2006 in London, England

from getty

Last edited:
Here are two nice family portraits of the Duchess and the Duke of Kent with their three children George, Helen and Nicholas:

P 1 P 2

Adorable pictures, Iceflower. The baby looks alot like Marina Oglivy when she was a baby ~ all that curly hair. Helen was a beautiful child.

Pics 16.3.2007

The Duke of Kent at the Xth Commonwealth Study Conference (CSC) "Working Together for Inclusive Growth and Development'' in New Delhi, 16 March 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Pic 25.5.2007

The Duke of Kent attends a photocall for Simon 'Blaggers' Blagden MBE and his team of seven men, who are about to embark on a three-day tank trip to the Somme in France in their Spartan Armoured Personnel Carrier, on May 25, 2007 in London, England. Jackson/getty

--> Pic

Pics 11.6.2007

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent attended a Gala Concert and a party to celebrate the re-opening of the Royal Festival Hall on June 11, 2007 in London, England. Stuart Wilson/Getty :)

Pic 1
Pic 2

Pic 24.6.2007

Sir Jackie Stewart, Lady Stewart and HRH Duke of Kent attended the Cartier ''Style and Luxe'' lunch at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the Earl of March's private lawn on June 24, 2007 in Goodwood, England. Dave Benett/Getty

---> Pic

LONDON - JULY 08: HRH The Duke of Kent looks on prior to the Men's Singles final match between Roger Federer of Switzerland and Rafael Nadal of Spain during day thirteen of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 8, 2007 in London, England

Fotobanka isifa image service

Pics 7.+8.7.2007

The Duke of Kent did not only watch the matches, he was also the one who handed out the trophies :)

1. Venus Williams of USA recieves the trophy from the Duke of Kent following her victory during the Women's Singles final match against Marion Bartoli of France during day twelve of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 7, 2007 in London, England. Williams won 6-4, 6-1. (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)

---> Pic 1

2. Roger Federer of Switzerland receives the trophy from The Duke of Kent following the Men's Singles final match during day thirteen of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 8, 2007 in London, England. Roger Federer claims his fifth consecutive championship title. (Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images)

---> Pic 2

Last week the Duke of Kent visited the United Arab Emirates Technical Training Project/UK to attend the 2007
Graduation Ceremony and to open their new Fitness Centre, here's a pic and an article about it :

--> Pic
-- > Article :)

Did anyone see the special on Sunday night - on The History Channel...
it was about the Freemasons....
I could have sworn that I saw the Duke of Kent in several pictures from the London Temple....
is he a Mason?

There's no pic, but two articles about the Duchess of Kent's last official
event, she opened a new lifeboat station at one of the Yorkshire Coast's
most important fishing ports last Friday, 7 Sep 2007:

--> article 1 --> article 2

The Duke of Kent has been the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England since 1967.
His father was Grand Master 1939-1942, and others have included the Duke of Devonshire, the Earl of Harewood, the Duke of Connaught and the Prince of Wales (before becoming Edward VII).

Thanks HelenW and Warren - I just wanted to make sure that it was he I saw.
I didnt know that some of the Royal family were Masons.
Thanks again!!

Pics 6.3.2008

HRH the Duke of Kent at The Rainbow Trust Charity Gala at
the British Antique Dealers Association Antiques and Fine Art
Fair on 06/03/2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Has anyone got recent pictures of the Duchess of Kent

As title goes. I know she went retired from public I haven't seen anything on the Duchess of Kent. I use to watch Wimbleton and I miss her not been there. So I'm wandering if anyone has got recent pictures of her of late. I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping this a good question?

Thank You

Thank You Jo of Paletine. It seems the sparkle has gone out of her and doesn't look very good. I remember pictures with her with always happy and she always had a sparkle about her. I know age plays a factor but the queen still has more sparkle at 81 going 82. The Duchess must close to 70. The pictures I saw I feel sorry for her she looks sad.:ermm:

The Duchess was always such a lovely person, are the Duke and Duchess of Kent living separate lives, i know i have heard rumours they are and they are never seen together now such a shame as i thought they were a lovely couple

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 7.5.2008

HRH the Duke of Kent opening the boardwalk at Churchtown Farm,
St Austell, Cornwall, Britain - 07 May 2008 The boardwalk allows
visitors in wheelchairs to experience the woodland areas of the farm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom